PDA

View Full Version : 2008 Dream Sheep Hunt (45th Birthday Present)

newhunterette
09-01-2008, 08:29 AM
This is the build up of a week before Peter's dream hunting trip. He leaves on September 6th with a group of his friends he has known for many years. This Sheep hunt has been something they have done together for quite a few years and this year they have invited Peter to join. He has always been part of the after hunt celebrations and picture and video nights etc but never actually been part of the trip until now.

His 45th birthday is on September 7th, where he plans to be on top of the world. He has his sheep tag, he has his LEH Grizzly draw and tag.

These guys have been meeting and planning and weighing in packs and checking all the gear etc. This is a Hike in trip. Peter has been doing his best to condition himself to be ready for the endurance and abuse on the body.

Last year he was given his spotting scope as a gift and he was elated as he knew on day he would have his dream hunt - now I knew already he would be heading for a sheep hunt for his birthday as I had already begun planning a fly in trip for him until the guys said "hey Pete, you're in this year" - even though the trip I had started to plan was not going to happen for him - knowing he was going to be doing what he had dreamed with his friends on his birthday made me cancelling all the arrangements I had made very easy and to begin my focus on supporting his endeavors to ready for this trip.

Apparently my job from these guys is making the "jerky" - I wonder how I was elected for that hehehehehe

anyways now that I am back from PG - I am back to my duties of getting his clothes ready for the pack and checking his list to be sure nothing is forgotten.

I do hope the little video camera I ordered him shows up before he leaves.

They return September 21. (2 weeks away, wow)

Avalanche123
09-01-2008, 09:14 AM
Best of luck to him. I am sure he'll have a great trip. Too bad it took so long to get invited!

hunter1947
09-01-2008, 09:17 AM
Ali can I ask you something.

Where where you when I was single ???.

If I get another devoice do you know anyone like your self that have the similarities that are in my age group ???? :roll:.

BCRiverBoater
09-01-2008, 09:32 AM
My wife is always looking for ways to get me to stay home. Well not stay home as she would get tired of that but ways to keep me from the mountains.

That would be the day she would make me food or help pack.

Good on you!!!

Huey
09-01-2008, 11:11 AM
Happy Birthday Peter, I hope you get a cranker of a gift!

Good on you Ali for supporting your man so well!!

grizzly_taker
09-01-2008, 12:49 PM
Fellas, I think I found a close second to Ali,...As I am still a week of work left in Fort Mac. She is getting all my gear ready for me when I land on the 8th, leave on the 9th for opening on the tenth. She just phoned me and inquired on where my UV killer/ scent eliminator detergent is to wash my clothes......god bless all the better halves that support what we love to do. She even sent me pics of the new Polaris Ranger I pick up on the morning of the ninth.

newhunterette
09-01-2008, 01:21 PM
Ali can I ask you something.

Where where you when I was single ???.

If I get another devoice do you know anyone like your self that have the similarities that are in my age group ???? :roll:.

ummmm Wayne , Peter and I have been together 28 years this Sept and married 23 of them so I um when I was single I was only 15 and I believe you would have been a few years older than me :redface:................
but if I was gonna run away and you were single (cause I know u have good woman now) perhaps we would be hunting partners lol

newhunterette
09-01-2008, 01:27 PM
My wife is always looking for ways to get me to stay home. Well not stay home as she would get tired of that but ways to keep me from the mountains.

That would be the day she would make me food or help pack.

Good on you!!!

BCRB - if I was able to go with Peter I would, but sheep hunting I could never do and would only hinder him - I know my limitations and I am very fortunate for the hunting I do get to do with him - but he has only this life to live and I want him to experience as much as he can with it - my helping out is my way of being part of it all

Happy Birthday Peter, I hope you get a cranker of a gift!

Good on you Ali for supporting your man so well!!

Pete, says thanks Scott. And you know Dorothy supports you too, we just have to convince her to go huntin one day as well.

Fellas, I think I found a close second to Ali,...As I am still a week of work left in Fort Mac. She is getting all my gear ready for me when I land on the 8th, leave on the 9th for opening on the tenth. She just phoned me and inquired on where my UV killer/ scent eliminator detergent is to wash my clothes......god bless all the better halves that support what we love to do. She even sent me pics of the new Polaris Ranger I pick up on the morning of the ninth.

Hi five Mrs. grizzly_taker - way to support your man who works so hard

Grizz - I am sure she is enjoying every minute of doing this for you as I do and I think we have a few more ladies out there that do the same for their men - the men just won't admit to it lol
good luck on your trip as well

newhunterette
09-01-2008, 08:35 PM
Earlier today, Peter and I went out and purchased the Global Star Spot Locator that our very own HBC Srupp has been helping people with and navigating - it is in the process of being all set up for the upcoming sheep hunt (Ali's piece of mind, I call it)

Happy Birthday Peter :) hehehehe - a present from your kids

Steve, we appreciate your help with getting Peter all set up with it :)

5 spike
09-01-2008, 08:49 PM
from one plumber to another have a blast man. also happy birthday.we expect to see some great pics.

2slow
09-01-2008, 08:50 PM
Happy birthday peter and have a safe and productive hunt

newhunterette
09-02-2008, 12:33 PM
do you guys really count how many more sleeps before you leave to go hunting or fishing - my gracious Peter is like a little boy in the candy store - his pack is all ready sitting in the living room taunting him, waiting to be plastered to his body (somehow I am not sure if I would be excited about that) the dern thing looks huge to me

he has read the riot act to the kids - moose jerky is off limits - its for the trip hehehehe

rocksteady
09-02-2008, 12:36 PM
do you guys really count how many more sleeps before you leave to go hunting or fishing

I was up at 01:30 on September 1st...Could not sleep, too excited...Alarm was set to go off at 3:45, when it did, I had already checked my gear four times and drank a whole pot of coffee...Of course, also added my comments and witty charm to HBC site:razz:

Not many members on here at that time..Wonder why???

grizzly_taker
09-02-2008, 01:28 PM
Earlier today, Peter and I went out and purchased the Global Star Spot Locator that our very own HBC Srupp has been helping people with and navigating - it is in the process of being all set up for the upcoming sheep hunt (Ali's piece of mind, I call it)

Happy Birthday Peter :) hehehehe - a present from your kids

Steve, we appreciate your help with getting Peter all set up with it :)
Ali, Global spot locator, where did ya buy it and how $, My buddy backed out on our trip, so i am flying solo for 3 days till my day shows up on the weekend. The mrs. keeps mentioning that I should get a sat phone, or that locator.

newhunterette
09-02-2008, 02:21 PM
Ali, Global spot locator, where did ya buy it and how $, My buddy backed out on our trip, so i am flying solo for 3 days till my day shows up on the weekend. The mrs. keeps mentioning that I should get a sat phone, or that locator.

Grizz - I sent you a PM

srupp
09-02-2008, 02:51 PM
hmmmm I think the SPOT is a exellent investment in your saftey and your families mental well being..

cheers

Steven

FlyingHigh
09-02-2008, 03:14 PM
Ali, Global spot locator, where did ya buy it and how $, My buddy backed out on our trip, so i am flying solo for 3 days till my day shows up on the weekend. The mrs. keeps mentioning that I should get a sat phone, or that locator.oneshottactical.com has them. less than 200 buck iirc. good piece of gear to have.

http://www.oneshottactical.com/merchant2/merchant.mvc?Screen=PROD&Store_Code=oneshot&Product_Code=HTG-SPOT&Category_Code=

newhunterette
09-02-2008, 03:43 PM
hmmmm I think the SPOT is a exellent investment in your saftey and your families mental well being..

cheers

Steven

hehehehe jeepers steve where do u think I got the idear hmmmmmmmmm

hunter1947
09-03-2008, 03:18 AM
Have a safe trip Peter.

I hope you get what your after ,good luck.

O ya have a very nice 45 birthday on the 7th of sept ,sept is my favorite month as well..

Leaseman
09-03-2008, 06:47 AM
Peter sure did look cranked we we dropped by last night. Always nice to see a grown man acting like a kid before Christmas....:lol:

looking forward to seeing his pics when he is back....:cool:

BIGHUNTERFISH
09-03-2008, 06:58 AM
My wife packed my bags for me once ,then told me to get the hell out of the house and not come back.lol Happy Birthday Peter and go shoot a twister.:p

Stone Sheep Steve
09-03-2008, 08:01 AM
Man, Ali...I sure hope you pack better than my wife....or Peter may end up in the hospital with a hernia for his b-day:shock:.

Case in point.....my lovely wife bought me a case for the video camera so I could take it backpacking. It was a good "chunk" bigger than my sleeping bag:?.....but then again I dropped my video camera off a cliff so maybe she knew it would need extra padding:oops:.

Best of luck to Peter!

SSS

newhunterette
09-03-2008, 02:23 PM
okay let me get this straight - 5 guys 2 weeks 4 lbs of jerky

I took out 8 lbs of moose and made 4 lbs of jerky and now I have 8 lbs of beef because the 5 guys want more jerky so here I go making another 4 lbs

now we have 5 guys - fully loaded packs with 8 lbs of jerky for 2 weeks
amongst all the other foods they are packing

someone tell me that's gonna be enough jerky cause I am grinding, spicing, forming and drying almost out - think my hands are becoming jerkied

well guys only 3 more sleeps to 'GO'

Stone Sheep Steve
09-03-2008, 08:56 PM
I think BCrams and I ate at least 2 lbs each over 11 days.

Make more,waaaaay more but dry the crap out of it....lasts longer.....weighs less.

I had purchased 1 lb but when I picked up Rams to head north, his Mom had made quite a load of moose jerky for us to take. I'm sure glad I loaded up.:smile:

SSS

newhunterette
09-05-2008, 05:42 PM
1 more sleep before he heads out - the man is driving me crazy - I keep telling him to leave earlier cause I know I aint gonna get any sleep tonight with him all jumpin and gigglin - I thought preschoolers got giddy before parties and such but grown men before a hunt - OMG y'all are nuts

funny too he cleaned his truck for the guys to ride in but when I get into the truck its climb over garbage and timmie's cups

rocksteady
09-05-2008, 05:47 PM
Send the kids to the movies and give him a little pre-trip romance....He will sleep fine and be well rested for the trip.

Everyone knows that men, when its over, just roll over and go to sleep..:-P

And No, Peter did not send me a PM to suggest this to you....

newhunterette
09-05-2008, 05:55 PM
Send the kids to the movies and give him a little pre-trip romance....He will sleep fine and be well rested for the trip.

Everyone knows that men, when its ove, just roll over and go to sleep..:-P

And No, Peter did not send me a PM to suggest this to you....

ohhhhhhhhh sure sure I know where you mind is and how it works lol

srupp
09-05-2008, 06:02 PM
hmmm thats what I thought all the "jumping and giggling " was about...

steven

rocksteady
09-05-2008, 06:08 PM
hmmm thats what I thought all the "jumping and giggling " was about...

steven

See, its not just me who thinks like that...:biggrin:

newhunterette
09-06-2008, 04:56 AM
and they're off

I do not think I have ever seen five men so hyper in my life

BCRiverBoater
09-06-2008, 12:03 PM
and they're off

I do not think I have ever seen five men so hyper in my life

Well sex is the next best thing to hunting.

hunter1947
09-06-2008, 05:10 PM
Give her Peter and company ,,good luck and a safe venture to all the party ,lots of pic to follow http://www.huntingbc.ca/forum/images/icons/icon12.gif.

BCRiverBoater
09-06-2008, 05:48 PM
Give her Peter and company ,,good luck and a safe venture to all the party ,lots of pic to follow http://www.huntingbc.ca/forum/images/icons/icon12.gif.

I think "her" already had Peter. :mrgreen: Now not sure sure about company.:twisted:

newhunterette
09-06-2008, 07:32 PM
Well sex is the next best thing to hunting.

I think "her" already had Peter. :mrgreen: Now not sure sure about company.:twisted:

OMGoodness gracious lol

last phone call put the guys in Prince George at 2:20 pm today

waiting for his check in email from his global star satellite tracker

BCRiverBoater
09-06-2008, 09:47 PM
Well good luck to them. Great guy you have. I somehow forget to call when I go hunting.

Phones are too loud in Vegas.

LostInSpaces
09-07-2008, 07:04 AM
I think he's hunting sheep not white tails....

newhunterette
09-07-2008, 08:51 AM
I received my last phone call this morning at 6 am - Peter and the guys were getting ready for the hike in to their base camp. Truck is parked and they were adjusting their packs to begin a 7 hour hike. He said he would send me a "check in" message when they reached camp.

I remembered to sing "HAPPY BIRTHDAY" to him. :razz:

newhunterette
09-07-2008, 10:58 AM
finally downloaded pics from my cam

here is his wilderness wanderer pack ready to go

http://i187.photobucket.com/albums/x185/ioarana/DSC_0037.jpg

http://i187.photobucket.com/albums/x185/ioarana/DSC_0038.jpg

http://i187.photobucket.com/albums/x185/ioarana/DSC_0042.jpg

newhunterette
09-07-2008, 12:56 PM
received check in notification from Peter via his global star locator - said OK and saw where he is on the google map coordinates - so I know they all made it to base camp

what a very cool piece of equipment

newhunterette
09-12-2008, 01:16 PM
recieved another check point today from global star spot locator - wow these guys have covered a lot of ground

Kody94
09-12-2008, 04:06 PM
received check in notification from Peter via his global star locator -...

what a very cool piece of equipment

http://www.huntingbc.ca/forum/images/icons/icon14.gifhttp://www.huntingbc.ca/forum/images/icons/icon14.gif

358mag
09-12-2008, 08:20 PM
recieved another check point today from global star spot locator - wow these guys have covered a lot of ground
but remeber its not all about how you start, its all about how you finish

newhunterette
09-12-2008, 08:57 PM
but remeber its not all about how you start, its all about how you finish

oh I know and he will keep it all a secret from me until he almost gets back home cause he knows I won't be able to not post it on here lol

apparently he thinks I have this knack for being a tad "gifted in the gab"

NOT LIL OLE ME lol:twisted:

srupp
09-13-2008, 12:19 PM
Ya PETER and "buddies" were 300 YARDS from our camp..seriously...blue tent BIG fire..healthy booze situation..and as of 48 hrs ago ramless....

its 20 kilometers UPHILL to Peters camp..lots of GRIZZLIES SPOTTED//

Steven

newhunterette
09-13-2008, 01:25 PM
Ya PETER and "buddies" were 300 YARDS from our camp..seriously...blue tent BIG fire..healthy booze situation..and as of 48 hrs ago ramless....

its 20 kilometers UPHILL to Peters camp..lots of GRIZZLIES SPOTTED//

Steven

did they offer you a drink of their "medicinal purpose" rum - I found out about that part of the pack in about 10 minutes before they drove away the buggers

lots of grizzlies - good thing Peter has his LEH draw and tag

srupp
09-13-2008, 02:52 PM
hmmm the grizzlies were all alive and leaving humungous blue stained landmines..

no offers from their significant medicinal alchohol was offerred..even when I said I was there to do a field test of his SPOT unit..lol

steven

newhunterette
09-13-2008, 03:05 PM
hmmm the grizzlies were all alive and leaving humungous blue stained landmines..

no offers from their significant medicinal alchohol was offerred..even when I said I was there to do a field test of his SPOT unit..lol

steven

well now that is just wrong - I know I taught him better manners than that - geeze lol

thanks for checking up on him though Steve, put my mind more at ease :)

Kody94
09-13-2008, 03:10 PM
..even when I said I was there to do a field test of his SPOT unit..lol

steven

That is fricken awesome! I nearly pissed my pants!

"Hello. I am from SPOT and am here on a random "spot" check (pun intended) of our devices. Seems this one is working well."

Cheers
4ster

newhunterette
09-13-2008, 03:15 PM
That is fricken awesome! I nearly pissed my pants!

"Hello. I am from SPOT and am here on a random "spot" check (pun intended) of our devices. Seems this one is working well."

Cheers
4ster

that is the prefect advertising line for the Global Star spot locator unit
4ster u may be onto something for a commercial :)

newhunterette
09-18-2008, 02:38 PM
2:19 pm Sept 18, 2008

my cell phone rang - "RAM DOWN" they got one (unfortunately Peter didn't shoot it but he was there and that is all that matters to him. I believe the ram was taken by HBC member Trailblazer. He saw 3 legal rams and took a shot but missed - he didn;t quite have the distance he figured but he loved every second of even getting a bead on one.

they are all gonna be home tomorrow

he asked if I had talked to Steve(srupp) and Dave(bigbore) and the old guy (George) - said he enjoyed meeting ya'all very much and was wondering why ya left early. Told him he can read all about it when he gets home.

I know there will be tons of photos to sift through and way more about the trip to add here but figured to let y'all know I heard from him.

srupp
09-18-2008, 03:56 PM
congradulations to Peter..and cant wait to see the photos of getting it done...peter IS right it IS beautiful country...cant wait for the photos..

thanks ALli

Steven

Rubicon500
09-18-2008, 04:51 PM
So the booze hounds put the liqour down for a day and actually found a ram 8), 3 legals lol im sure after a bottle of rum any Ewe looks like a legal

rocksteady
09-18-2008, 04:53 PM
im sure after a bottle of rum any Ewe looks like a legal

And pretty sexy after 10 days in the bush with a bunch of guys:eek::eek:

newhunterette
09-18-2008, 05:14 PM
So the booze hounds put the liqour down for a day and actually found a ram 8), 3 legals lol im sure after a bottle of rum any Ewe looks like a legal

the rum was for medicinal purposes :)

And pretty sexy after 10 days in the bush with a bunch of guys:eek::eek:

heheh - can't tell what Peter's exact words were about coming home http://www.gunandgame.com/forums/images/smilies/newangel.gif

Leaseman
09-19-2008, 06:36 AM
Good to hear they had fun Alison...Nice that he is getting home a couple of days early so you guys can have some time before your operation...

Take care and welcome him home for me!

abbyfireguy
09-19-2008, 08:15 AM
Glad to hear evryone had a safe hunt...Pictures will help the rest of us poor working slobs..

newhunterette
09-19-2008, 07:42 PM
4 more hours and my sheep herder is home :) I mean sheep hunter - he called from 100 mile house - closer to seeing photos or at least telling the story of the past 2 weeks adventures

rocksteady
09-19-2008, 08:12 PM
So the old sheep hunters is gonna get lucky tonight eh????:shock::shock:

So around midnite in the LML, gonna be a party....

Rock Doctor
09-19-2008, 08:18 PM
It's pretty cool to have a play by play of Peters hunt here. Almost like being on the trip with him ("fly on the wall" kind of thing) :)

newhunterette
09-19-2008, 08:25 PM
So the old sheep hunters is gonna get lucky tonight eh????:shock::shock:

So around midnite in the LML, gonna be a party....
ewwwwwwwwww 2 weeks with 4 other guys he is gonna smell ewwwwwwwwwww - party, where in the LML?

It's pretty cool to have a play by play of Peters hunt here. Almost like being on the trip with him ("fly on the wall" kind of thing) :)

I finally have his account on HBC working (thank you, Marc) so maybe I can entice I mean coerce I mean ask him to give the details instead of me being his diary, but I am glad you ahve enjoyed it so far.

09-19-2008, 09:05 PM
C'mon Alley !!
Wheres them pic's of the guys Ram. !
Cool for them, what an accomplishment, to this day tagging my first Stone was Mucho Grando !!
Concrats to them !
C/T

6 K
09-20-2008, 04:09 AM
Anxiously awating pics.............................................. .....................
..of the hunt ...............................for sheep....................................RAMS not ewes.
Good thread. Laughed lots.

newhunterette
09-20-2008, 09:41 AM
I am also awaiting the pics - the guys rolled in just after before midnight and unloaded th truck and were "poof" out of my driveway

as soon as I get the pictures from the guys, then I can post them unless TRAILBLAZER posts them as it was hiim who took the RAM and OMG I saw the horns and it is about 9 years old (deleted sizes posted due to uncertain measurments) the official scoring will be done soon but it is a possible book ram for sure :)

I never thought Peter could grow so much facial hair and he lost 10 lbs

apparently my new nickname is the "jerk queen" (never mind your dirty thoughts) it was for the jerky I made them all :)

bigwhiteys
09-20-2008, 11:50 AM
28" from tip of curl to skull (could have done without seeing a skinless head with eyes though) the thickness from start of curl is 13" around - the official scoring will be done soon but it is a possible book ram for sure

Unless he carries that 13 inch base weight all the way to the tips I don't think he'd make book with a 28 inch horn. I think you've misprinted.

Carl

newhunterette
09-20-2008, 12:08 PM
Not tryn to piss on your parade but did I read that right, 28x13 ? There is NO WAY that will be even close to a book ram, does it even bridge the nose? We need some pics of this ram, sounds like another mark4 ram
used to having my parade and threads pissed on so go for it - I never said it was official measurements - I was just going by quick 10 minute conversation - if y'all just wait to stick an opinion for what I had mentioned an offical measurement will be made as well as photos

Unless he carries that 13 inch base weight all the way to the tips I don't think he'd make book with a 28 inch horn. I think you've misprinted.

Carl

Carl, chances are I misunderstood - it happens when a person is hearing 5 excited guys talk all at once in a 10 minute time span

tell ya what, I wont post anymore details until I get the official from the taxidermist and from TRAILBLAZER when he scores it himself tonight and lets us know.

I know nothing about the numbers - so for now I will just delete those numbers as it was what I took from the conversation - you are the experts on scoring - hold you patients and the real measurements will be posted as this was from a sleepy, tired guy sneaking a tape measure in the dark of hotel room because he was in awe of the size of the horns

srupp
09-20-2008, 01:17 PM
its Ok Ali..guys are NEVER ACCURATE with measurements...:tongue:..

give Peter CONGRADULATIONS..on a hunt well done...

Cheers

Steven

newhunterette
09-20-2008, 06:28 PM
its Ok Ali..guys are NEVER ACCURATE with measurements...:tongue:..
give Peter CONGRADULATIONS..on a hunt well done...
Cheers
Steven

OMGosh Steven, how true you are to those words lol

This isn't our friends first sheep he has taken so I am sure when all is said and done and he has completely come down from the mountain an accurate scoring will be done and then we will see. I forgot how some guys are so sensitive about size. Believe me men when I say, size really doesn't matter:tongue::smile:

Avalanche123
09-20-2008, 06:46 PM
I forgot how some guys are so sensitive about size. Believe me men when I say, size really doesn't matter:tongue::smile:

The ones that could careless about size generally aren't size impaired....:wink::biggrin:

Oh ya, I guess we are talking about horns right? :)

newhunterette
09-20-2008, 08:16 PM
The ones that could careless about size generally aren't size impaired....:wink::biggrin:

Oh ya, I guess we are talking about horns right? :)

was I? hehehhehehee of course I meant horns.

moosinaround
09-20-2008, 09:45 PM
What do you expect when ya mention 28 and 13 in the same sentence as Record book ram, size does matter:wink: , Even if all 8 mass measurements where 13"(next to impossible), its still IMPOSSIBLE to reach the record book
28 x 2 = 56
13 x 2 = 26
13 x 2 = 26
13 x 2 = 26
13 x 2 = 26
= 160
I hope I look like a azz and the pics prove me wrong...
Just from reading your orignal post I just thought of mark4's juvinille ram and figured another immature sheep went down, I dont know about the rest of you guys but when it comes to sheep you spend all the time and effort I couldnt pull the trigger on a tiny little ram. Ill spend 10 years if thats what it takes till I find the right stone.
So get out there and do it! Moosin

Avalanche123
09-20-2008, 09:47 PM
What do you expect when ya mention 28 and 13 in the same sentence as Record book ram, size does matter:wink: , Even if all 8 mass measurements where 13"(next to impossible), its still IMPOSSIBLE to reach the record book
28 x 2 = 56
13 x 2 = 26
13 x 2 = 26
13 x 2 = 26
13 x 2 = 26
= 160
I hope I look like a azz and the pics prove me wrong...
Just from reading your orignal post I just thought of mark4's juvinille ram and figured another immature sheep went down, I dont know about the rest of you guys but when it comes to sheep you spend all the time and effort I couldnt pull the trigger on a tiny little ram. Ill spend 10 years if thats what it takes till I find the right stone.

Why do I think you are going to be eating humble pie once the pics are posted? Hmmmmm.....:)

Sitkaspruce
09-20-2008, 10:09 PM
Who really cares whether it is a 28" or 38" or a 48" ram?????

If it is legal, why should it not go down???? Your definition of a tiny ram might be someone elses trophy. So until you see the ram, leave the guessing to yourself, or better yet. PM her and mention your.......hmmm not sure what you are mentioning here on this post.

Personally, I can find other things to hunt then 10 years for the "perfect" ram...like a goat hunt, caribou hunt or another deer hunt:grin:, but that is what makes hunters unique, in that we think a little differently:wink:. Each to his own.

Cheers

SS

newhunterette
09-20-2008, 10:37 PM
Already did do it this year, got my brother a 163" ram so dont got to worry about that moosin. I dont eat humble pie, never have and never will... Like I said I hope the pics prove me wrong and Ali heard wrong and it wasnt 28 inches. Maybe people shouldnt post numbers till they know forsure it would have saved all this BS ?

GabeWalker - perhaps you should get to know me a little as I am someone who couldn't give a rats behind if the animal I take is a record book ( I am laving the trophies up to my hubby as he gets to hunt more than me) - as long as I have hunted it legally and ethically (which is how it should be)and has meat on it for my family I am happy - I don't sheep hunt I never claimed to be a sheep hunter (I couldn't do it as physically I will never be able to do it) so if you do well "high 5 and way to go"

numbers and span and yadda yadda yadda is all nothing to me - I post whatever my mind comes out with - I already said I heard numbers and inches and record book all in a span of 10 minutes from 5 guys happy to be home, excited about a wonderful trip and so on - numbers seem important to some people on here so I thought I was doing a good thing posting

The guy who shot the ram has taken sheep before and he knows his stuff - I don't - I posted what I thought was what it all meant as that is what I do as I get excited for my hubby on all his trips (again get to know me and you will see that) - one day maybe I will learn all that boon and crocket and record junk but it doesn't interest me in the slightest - as proven to me from all this is GUYS WILL ALWAYS WORRY ABOUT SIZE MATTERING

I admit I am not an expert but I have a big heart and lots of passion for hunting and fishing - if the numbers mean so much to you then I will be sure to make sure you get the news of the scores before anyone else

sheesh - make a mountain out of a mole hill - how about just waiting and let my "Happy Thread" get back on track

if my camera wasn't so big, Peter would have taken it but too much weight and we generously gave our small lightweight camera to a dear friend as he didn't have one to make digital memories with and the video camera/digital cam I did order didn't arrive in time before Peter left - the pictures we have to rely on being emailed to us or posted by the guy who took down the ram and that will be his perogative to show ya

when I have the pics they are usually posted same day if not next day to coming home sorry to disappoint y'all, I have to wait too

newhunterette
09-20-2008, 10:49 PM
I wasnt the only one who commented on the size of it either.. Well im done with this post till some pics show up

Oh by the way Gabe - bigwhiteys (Carl) he is like a mentor and teacher to me - he has pointed out many things to me but he also always gives me the benefit of the doubt so when he made his comment it was so I could follow up on things - at least he knows enough about me to know I might misunderstand some things and eventually come back to make corrections.

newhunterette
09-20-2008, 11:15 PM
Argueing with people on the internet is just like winning the special olympics, even if you win your still wetarded. Im out of here
"that comment was disgusting and disrespectful":mad:

I must appologize to y'all as this person got under my sweet disposition and I unfortunately let his judgmental mind get to me
Ali

newhunterette
09-20-2008, 11:29 PM
okay just y'all know I am trying to learn something after all this

is this the correct format for measuring a sheep

http://i187.photobucket.com/albums/x185/ioarana/sheep.jpg

Gateholio
09-21-2008, 12:36 AM
Holy crap people!!

Leave it alone!!

Newhunterette got some mumbled measurements in the driveway, she doesn't know if it was 28 or 48..She doesnt' know rams at all..

So... STOW IT.

Quit picking on the messenger...WTF is wrong with some of you people?

09-21-2008, 12:59 AM
Well said Gatehouse, hopefully she just miss understood.
C/T

Tikka7mm
09-21-2008, 02:30 AM
Originally Posted by GabeWalker http://www.huntingbc.ca/forum/images/buttons/viewpost.gif (http://www.huntingbc.ca/forum/showthread.php?p=331612#post331612)
Argueing with people on the internet is just like winning the special olympics, even if you win your still wetarded. Im out of here

ummmm...see you later ya winner and try learning how to spell... "argueing" is spelled arguing.

grizzly_taker
09-21-2008, 05:30 AM
"that comment was disgusting and disrespectful":mad:

I must appologize to y'all as this person got under my sweet disposition and I unfortunately let his judgmental mind get to me
Ali
You don't need to appologize Ali.......You hit the nail on the head, I wouldn't mind hitting another head..........Obviously GabeWalker's comment regarding the mentally and physically challenged people, shows how intelligent he isn't....I think Marc should step in and boot his ass off of here!

Avalanche123
09-21-2008, 07:22 AM
GUYS WILL ALWAYS WORRY ABOUT SIZE MATTERING
I

Not me.....no pics, sorry!:shock::wink::smile:

LOL. Sorry ALi, couldn't resist. Thought I'd throw some humour into a Thread that seemed to be headed south.

Wild one
09-21-2008, 09:07 AM
Ali I can't wait to see the pic's don't worry about people trying to push buttons. I bet there are a lot of hunters on this forum who don't know the numbers for sheep(I am one of them)so I would not stress about it. congrats to the guys for getting a ram.

Tikka7mm
09-21-2008, 09:59 AM
Ali I can't wait to see the pic's don't worry about people trying to push buttons. I bet there are a lot of hunters on this forum who don't know the numbers for sheep(I am one of them)so I would not stress about it. congrats to the guys for getting a ram.

Wild one is right Ali...don't worry about it. I don't have a clear understanding on how to score a sheep either. If some idiot wants to waste his time trying to get a rise out of you then that's exactly what he is...an idiot! Looking forward to some of those pics and scores.

newhunterette
09-21-2008, 10:33 AM
Holy crap people!!
Leave it alone!!
Newhunterette got some mumbled measurements in the driveway, she doesn't know if it was 28 or 48..She doesnt' know rams at all..
So... STOW IT.
Quit picking on the messenger...WTF is wrong with some of you people?

Well said Gatehouse, hopefully she just miss understood.
C/T
Thank you ever so much Gatehouse and curly :)

You don't need to appologize Ali.......You hit the nail on the head, I wouldn't mind hitting another head..........Obviously GabeWalker's comment regarding the mentally and physically challenged people, shows how intelligent he isn't....I think Marc should step in and boot his ass off of here!
grizzly_taker, his comment made my stomach turn as I work with special needs children, thank you for for your support :)

Not me.....no pics, sorry!:shock::wink::smile:

LOL. Sorry ALi, couldn't resist. Thought I'd throw some humour into a Thread that seemed to be headed south.
hehehehehee, Avalanche thank you for bringing humour back here - I so much appreciate it

Wild one is right Ali...don't worry about it. I don't have a clear understanding on how to score a sheep either. If some idiot wants to waste his time trying to get a rise out of you then that's exactly what he is...an idiot! Looking forward to some of those pics and scores.

Wild one and Tikka - we are calling the guys to day so we can get the stats and remind them I need the photos emailed to me

I so appreciate all the kindness y'all have shown me here in regards here

From some of the conversations Peter has had in the past couple days, his biggest thing was the terrain, he said no matter how phyisically fit a person is, this kind of hunting and hiking really takes a toll on your body yet he would not have given up for anything as he said this experience really tapped into him mentally and he pulled out strengths that he never knew a person had in them. He learned so much and also has come up with plans to make some changes to his way of the hiking as when all was said and done his pack weighed 85 lbs going in and the endurance to go straight up a mountain was killer but such an adreniline rush.

bsa30-06
09-21-2008, 10:47 AM
If GabeWalker didnt recieve a automatic lifetime ban for his comments about the special olympics, then clearly the mods let him off way to easy.That was the most disgusting , and disrespectful comment i have ever read on this site.Folks like that are not needed and i think i can speak for just about everybody else on hbc are not wanted on this site.

Ali, lookin forward to the pictures and congrats to peter and his group on a very succesful trip.

newhunterette
09-21-2008, 11:24 AM
Thanks Lloyd :)

okay so we called the guy with pictures and he is emailing some today and we called the guy who harvested the ram and he gave only a few numbers so I am not even going to post them until I get my ducks in a row hehehehe

ohhhhhhhhh and speaking ot ducks next HBC meet n greet, I have a hilarious story to share about Squeeker.

newhunterette
09-21-2008, 01:04 PM
pics are starting to come in now hehehehe I know I am really teasing y'all but I luv your patience

srupp
09-21-2008, 01:14 PM
hmmm all but me..I dont have "patience" I have " patients " :tongue:

steven

Avalanche123
09-21-2008, 01:56 PM
Hey Ali, Do post soon as I leave tomorrow for two weeks with no PC access. The suspense is killing us LOL.

newhunterette
09-21-2008, 02:24 PM
Hey Ali, Do post soon as I leave tomorrow for two weeks with no PC access. The suspense is killing us LOL.

I know I know - believe me I am waiting to - so far all I have is pics of camp, mountains and guys - I think they are torturing me :)

iffn I don't get the Ram photo soon I will not make them their "jerky" next time and I ahve the sheep meat in my freezer and I won't share it with them lol

moosinaround
09-21-2008, 02:46 PM
Holy Ali, peter would have needed a freakin mule to haul your camera gear!! Flashes, lenses, batteries, camera bodies! Must have taken 5 minutes to assemble that bloody thing!! By the way still haven't seen any of them? They turn out? Moosin

newhunterette
09-21-2008, 03:59 PM
okay for now this is what I have been given permission to show as I can not put a group shot on here without everyone's okay

camera shy men ya know

This is trail blazer's stone sheep - more pics will eventually come but here is a teaser

http://i187.photobucket.com/albums/x185/ioarana/Stonesheep.jpg

jml11
09-21-2008, 04:10 PM
Certainly a mature legal ram! congrats to Trail blazer that is a good looking sheep!

newhunterette
09-21-2008, 04:13 PM
okay got a better pic to add

http://i187.photobucket.com/albums/x185/ioarana/front.jpg

http://i187.photobucket.com/albums/x185/ioarana/side.jpg

bigwhiteys
09-21-2008, 04:15 PM
Yep, nice and heavy! Not quite book though ;) lol.... Good Work!

Carl

newhunterette
09-21-2008, 04:17 PM
phew - thought I was gonna be strung up soon if I didn't post a pic - MEN and their Horn Porn

lol

Avalanche123
09-21-2008, 04:54 PM
Thanks Ali. Nice animal! Book or not, a successful hunt regardless. Well done!

Sitkaspruce
09-21-2008, 05:03 PM
Another nice legal ram!!!!!!

Congrats to the group.

Cheers

SS

09-21-2008, 05:10 PM
Nice Ram, tight curls, funny how they differ so much, he'll grace any trophy room.
Congrats to the guys Ali.
C/T
Thanks for sharing

Rattler
09-21-2008, 05:23 PM
Beauty mature ram!

Well done and congrats to all...

Tikka7mm
09-21-2008, 05:35 PM
just like everyone else has said already...that's a beauty ram - the boys should be proud of that one!

Gateholio
09-21-2008, 05:39 PM
Very nice ram!!

kennyj
09-21-2008, 05:43 PM
Thats an awesome ram! Looks like at least a 10 year old.Great trophy!
kenny

newhunterette
09-21-2008, 05:57 PM
I also have some pics of it with the cape off and eyeballs peaking at ya but those ones looked too gruesome to me (think I may have nightmares from those ones, let alone some youngin seeing them) funny how I can help gut a critter but to see it in photos makes me turn green:biggrin::mrgreen:

srupp
09-21-2008, 05:57 PM
Great ram..Thanks Ali...congradulations everyone..

Steven

newhunterette
09-21-2008, 06:00 PM
Thats an awesome ram! Looks like at least a 10 year old.Great trophy!
kenny

see first thought was 9 years old but then they figured older because the back teeth were beginning to recess and turn black so figured maybe 11

10 sounds like a nice rounded number

I know trail blazer's taxidermist is away at the moment but once he is back we will have an official score etc. But I aint gonna post the numbers - I will let Peter or one of the others do it :)

BDL
09-21-2008, 07:30 PM
Great ram!!!

5 spike
09-21-2008, 08:20 PM
awsome ram,good going guys.

newhunterette
09-21-2008, 08:32 PM
Holy Ali, peter would have needed a freakin mule to haul your camera gear!! Flashes, lenses, batteries, camera bodies! Must have taken 5 minutes to assemble that bloody thing!! By the way still haven't seen any of them? They turn out? Moosin

Moosin - click this- I posted the pics from PG intersquad game as a slide show awhile back
http://www.huntingbc.ca/forum/showthread.php?t=25264
Ali

Blainer
09-21-2008, 09:34 PM
I've been following this thread and don't really care if it's a book ram or not,I was just looking forward to the pictures.
Great looking ram!
Did they see any Grizz?Did Peter not draw a tag?

6 K
09-21-2008, 09:57 PM
Wow, The fan got hit with the stinky stuff since I last checked this thread.
First and foremost, Glad Peter and friends had a good trip for his birthday and made it home safe.
Second, congrats on a damb fine animal. Wow, and I thought mine had weight.
Third, forget the peanut who got his panties in a knot over some slight misinformation. Alie you post a great story, I enjoy most of your threads.
Fouth, Anyone stooping low enough to pick on the special O athletes should, in my mind at least, get a temporary booting:mad:
Those people train very hard to achieve their goals!
Thanks Alie still a good thread.

newhunterette
09-21-2008, 09:59 PM
I've been following this thread and don't really care if it's a book ram or not,I was just looking forward to the pictures.
Great looking ram!
Did they see any Grizz?Did Peter not draw a tag?

No, Peter didn't see any grizz but he saw lots of tracks and poop, and he did have a tag and his LEH just in case.

BCrams
09-22-2008, 12:16 AM
..... has come up with plans to make some changes to his way of the hiking as when all was said and done his pack weighed 85 lbs going in .

Thats a great ram for the group persevering throughout their hunt!!

Regarding 85 lbs :???: ...... easily 20-25 lbs too much.....

Avalanche123
09-22-2008, 03:23 AM
Yes that pack does seem a tad on the heavy size. Its amazing what we can get away with if we take it out of our pack.

Sorry to detract from this thread......

newhunterette
09-22-2008, 05:44 AM
I know somewhere on the thread I did post a pic of Peter's pack

phearless
09-22-2008, 03:08 PM
Late reply, but....
way to go Pete and crew.
Many of us are living vicariously through you.

Stone Sheep Steve
09-22-2008, 03:17 PM
Great looking ram!!

Ali-We've seen the way you pack his food for him on his drive in trips. You didn't pack his food for his hike-in, did ya??:tongue: 85 lbs is even too much for me!

SSS

porcupine
09-22-2008, 04:23 PM
That's a really nice ram. Congatulations to the whole bunch.
________
Ford SVT Contour (http://www.ford-wiki.com/wiki/Ford_SVT_Contour)

The Dawg
09-22-2008, 04:28 PM
I think 85lbs would be worth it if it was all of Ali's food and not just MRE or dried food :) Lasagna on a sheep hunt? Hell ya!

Congrats to the boys on a fine hunt and a beauty ram!

BiG Boar
09-23-2008, 07:31 AM
Good work guys, now I am coming over for that Ram meat you promised we would feast on. I am just upset that I didnt get to bring it out of the mountains for you in my belly.