PDA

View Full Version : 4 more hours....

Leaseman
08-31-2008, 06:54 AM
until we head out to start my sons second youth season....:smile:

I have basically had to tie him up in the garage as he has packed and unpacked his gear, camps gear and the truck 4x's in the last week! Probably was a mistake taking him up last week and showing him 6 bucks that any kid (me included!) would be proud to shoot!

Good luck to all who are taking a youth out this season. my son constantly talks about all of our hunting trips (been going with me/us since he was 5) and we have a tough time remembering all "little" things that happened that he keeps reminding us about!!

With my two operations this year that I am still trying to recover from (can you say slow??), it is a extra special time as two buddies, who are Nicks "uncles" are coming along to help out and are totally stoked about seeing him get something.... all bows are packed, but the focus is a rifle buck for Nick!!

So ince again, good luck all!! The trip is already a success as we will be enjoying our first hunting campfire of the year shortly.....

Mike

hillclimber
08-31-2008, 07:00 AM
good luck and i hope your kid gets his first buck.

Swamp Donkey
08-31-2008, 07:37 AM
Good Luck, I hope everyone fills their tag !

newhunterette
08-31-2008, 07:57 AM
Nicky babycakes you better call auntie Alison when you get that dern biggun - I'll be waiting for the call

drive safe everyone :)

DBM
08-31-2008, 08:13 AM
I've been taking my son out since he was 5 too. He turned 10 this summer. I won't be shooting anything this year, hopefully it'll be a great monday. I've never been so excited in all my life, I've been thinking about this weekend for a few years now!

springpin
08-31-2008, 08:18 AM
Good Luck, bring Bambi home.

hunter1947
08-31-2008, 08:26 AM
Good luck to your son ,I hope he gets his first deer.

4blade
08-31-2008, 09:00 AM
good luck looking forward to taking my son out when we get back from archery elk,hope he gets the big one

srupp
08-31-2008, 09:16 AM
Hmmm GOOD LUCK NICK take care of your DAD you KNOW how excited he gets when he see's those trophy spikers....

Be careful Mike and ENJOY your precious time with your son..too soon he will be gone and practicing medicine or law ...sending $$$$ home to Dad..:wink:..

Cheers Morgan..Susan Steven

kennyg826
08-31-2008, 09:22 AM
I too have been bringing my two sons out since they were about 5 years old. started with waterfowling, then bowhunting for mulies, and rifle for moose and mulies. Oldest is now 12. Youngest is 8. I've had a youth licence for the oldest the last two years, but opportunities have been slim. 9 of us went out on friday and did some target practice. what a blast (no pun intended). Tomorrow, my two boys, my dad and my self will head out around 3am for reg. 8. I hope for my sons sake we connect, he certainly has paid his dues.

Gnarly
08-31-2008, 12:15 PM
Best of luck guys!

2slow
08-31-2008, 01:46 PM
Good luck on your trip and let us know how it went

kgs
08-31-2008, 01:54 PM
good luck and have a safe trip..

Wolfman
08-31-2008, 02:15 PM
Leaseman;

Best of luck to you and the lad.

Get that freezer full ;-)

Wolfman

bcbooner
08-31-2008, 02:29 PM
Good Luck,and enjoy the time with your Son.I have taken my two Sons hunting since they were 4&6,they are now 23&25 and we still get together for Elk and Mulie hunting.These are very special times.Have a great fall.

browningboy
08-31-2008, 09:22 PM
Nicky babycakes you better call auntie Alison when you get that dern biggun - I'll be waiting for the call

drive safe everyone :)

Yes good luck "Babycakes!"...LOL

newhunterette
08-31-2008, 09:31 PM
Nick and Mike called us about 2 hours ago and all was well - they hit about 8 hail storms and some 2 degree weather but got their camp set up - they arrived at their camp destination at about 3 pm today

as soon as they get into cell range again Nick will be calling me so i can let y'all know how they are doing

srupp
09-01-2008, 04:16 AM
Ali tell em to THROW that DAMN cell phone in the truck and FORGET it..they are camping and hunting....sheeesh technology..

chuckle

Steven

mountainman
09-01-2008, 08:45 AM
Ali tell em to THROW that DAMN cell phone in the truck and FORGET it..they are camping and hunting....sheeesh technology..

chuckle

Steven

Make that the creek Steve!!!!

newhunterette
09-01-2008, 08:57 AM

chuckle

Steven

Make that the creek Steve!!!!

geeze - it wasnt my idea for them to call and tell me what was happening - I told them to be safe but Nick insisted on calling me - what can I say the little guy wants to tell me when he gets his BIG BUCK

when they call again I will tell them what y'all said hehehehehehehehe

newhunterette
09-01-2008, 05:25 PM
Deer down

Nick took down a 3 x 3 in velvet this after noon

Mike called and passed the phone to Nick and he was extremely excited

they will be home tomorrow stopping at my house to show us the goods and probably getting me to download the pictures to post for y'all to see :)

another successful youth

wohoooooooooooooooooo Nick

DBM
09-01-2008, 06:35 PM
Congrats your sons success! Only saw one buck today, but for some strange reason it was 50/50 whitetails to mule deer. Last year it was one whitetail to 10 mule deer, and 30 percent of them were bucks.:shock:

Green eyed monster is rearing it's ugly head. lol

mountainman
09-01-2008, 09:39 PM
Alright Nick and Mike way to go!! Congrats on your first big game animal!!

Leaseman
09-03-2008, 07:17 AM
Good time was had by all... will do a story up when I get caught up later this am....

Will get Alison to post pics on new thread (hopefully!)

newhunterette
09-03-2008, 07:29 AM
Good time was had by all... will do a story up when I get caught up later this am....

Will get Alison to post pics on new thread (hopefully!)

wake up Michael - thread already started just awaiting your story hehehehe pics are posted

Mini-Leaseman youth season deer is the thread lol