PDA

View Full Version : Logan Lake area

grizz
08-30-2008, 09:26 AM
I am considering a hunt in the Logan Lake area .Any info would be appreciated such as Motels-road network for truck or quad-best time to go.I will also be doing some fishing.
Thanks in advance.
GRIZZ

BIGHUNTERFISH
08-30-2008, 09:44 AM
Check this place out ,very hunter friendly ,great fishing ,good muledeer hunting close by.I would plan the trip around the first week of October or after some good hard frost.
http://www.tunkwalakeresort.com/

TRACKnTRAIL
08-30-2008, 09:45 AM
Depends on what you want to hunt when you get here. Different times and areas depending on species. There is 2 hotels in town and a few lakes around that rent cabins.

BigfishCanada
08-30-2008, 05:23 PM
Ask the guys at tunkwa, They have loads of whities and mules, October, you cant go wrong/

Tunkwa has places to hang you game if you bag something

johnk
08-30-2008, 05:23 PM
Copper Valley Motor Inn (250) 523 9433
Logan Lake Lodge Motel (250) 523 9466
Highland Valley Bed and Breakfast Ph. No. ?
Tunkwa Lake Resort (250) 523 9697 www.tunkwalakeresort.com (http://www.tunkwalakeresort.com)

If you go to the resort's website you can read my hunting reports from last year. I was the "Operations Manager" there for 9 years whatever that title means.:p

According to my journal the best week for hunting spike fork moose is Oct 5-13 and for muleys they starting rutting the first week of November. The Whiteys are one to two weeks after that.

Depending on weather you can usually get around all the roads with 2 wheel drive but having a vehicle with clearance is advisable.

Bose Lake area is quite popular for moose but you need to be aware where the boundaries for the copper mine are as they are no hunting areas and you may find a mechanical Immy out in the middle of a popular meadow there.

If you PM me I can direct you to some good hunting spots, just specify your preferred game!

JohnK

#1fishslayer
09-01-2008, 04:52 PM
Surrey lake area is a good little area for Moose, and Muleys