PDA

View Full Version : Anzac River

Tuffcity
08-29-2008, 12:10 PM
Anybody fish the Anzac (or North Anzac) River? Thinking about taking the 5 weight with me moose hunting this year. Any ideas on access or fly selection? Understand there is grayling (?)

thanks,
RC

jml11
08-29-2008, 12:22 PM
supposed to be good grayling fishin in there at times. Look out for the big bull trout, there are some lunkers in there during the fall and they apparently come easy to a minnow pattern. Never done it but seen many photos!

moosinaround
08-29-2008, 02:35 PM
Hoo Boy! Take some hardware! A red devil works You will be catching dollies like crazy! Grayling in there too! Some good moose hunting! lots of real good blocks at the back end of the anzac for moose, or float the parsnip or anzac rivers. Some big bulls!, and some BIG grizz! Good luck! Moosin

Tuffcity
08-29-2008, 04:17 PM
Thanks guys!

Maybe I'll take my 9 weight and streamers instead. :) I've got a bull tag and a griz tag for there so looking forward to making a good week or so of it.

RC

Schmaus
08-29-2008, 04:24 PM
I have caught a couple of grayling in there, as well as lots of dollies. I am headed out that way next weekend on a big quadding trip, we are going to go up to the Table creek and do some fishin.

ryanhuntslots
08-29-2008, 04:49 PM
The fishing there is alright,, you saw the pics didnt you moosin???

moosinaround
08-29-2008, 04:52 PM
The fishing there is alright,, you saw the pics didnt you moosin???
Thats where it was eh!! You bugger! Moosin