PDA

View Full Version : Bamfield, Aug 27.

lip_ripper00
08-27-2008, 09:53 PM
Heading out one last time, 26 mile bank for Halies and mabye some ho's and springs. Anyone been out and about in the area?:?:

25hunter
08-27-2008, 10:30 PM
I was in Ucluelet this weekend, we did really well with 8 halibut and 5 Lingcod.

Johnnybear
08-28-2008, 10:43 AM
Heading out one last time, 26 mile bank for Halies and mabye some ho's and springs. Anyone been out and about in the area?:?:

Last trip was August long weekend about 30 miles. Was awesome. I've heard the banks are still good and have even picked up lately. Thinking of heading out tomorrow. Just looked at the weather and today looks alright but looks like the southerly push is switching to North West tomorrow so the seas will be confused and probably pretty rough. But hey anyone can fish in calm seas:lol:.

Good luck.

Johnnybear
08-28-2008, 10:45 AM
I was in Ucluelet this weekend, we did really well with 8 halibut and 5 Lingcod.

Sounds like a great weekend. Any halibut over 25 lbs?

25hunter
08-28-2008, 08:06 PM
It was a good day, rough mind you, got out Sunday as the weather started to clear. Nothing over 15lbs

ElkMasterC
08-28-2008, 08:16 PM
I was out Mon-Wed.
Bamfield is slow slow slow for Springs.
Went offshore for a bit, and nothing as well.
My buddy was in around Pt Alberni, and did fairly well, but I spent 5 bills on 2 jacks and a small Coho.

Didn't fish Hallies, but saw a 95 pounder at the dock.

spreerider
08-28-2008, 08:36 PM
i was working on a fish farm the other day in tofino, and a bunch of the farmers were going out fishing and were telling me the coho were everywhere but not a spring to be found.

island grown
09-06-2008, 02:45 PM
hey there guys, even if the fishing is slow, it's still nice to be on the water. the northern run of coho should be running any day now. around beale and up trevor channel should be good coho fishing soon. sarita bay is always good in early to mid september. last year my biggest coho was 23lbs. sure is fun to have the 10lb test on the fly rod this time of year.
if anyone has any questions about the bamfield area for fishing or other wise, just ask.

have fun on the water and be safe.