PDA

View Full Version : what CDN hunting magazines are there?

Mr. Friendly
08-27-2008, 09:43 PM
I review Great Canadian Sportsman, which is online only, but I like to have paper in my hands if/when possible. I've bought two, BC something and Western something...are there other Canadian content hunting magazines out there? :?:

08-27-2008, 09:52 PM
I review Great Canadian Sportsman, which is online only, but I like to have paper in my hands if/when possible. I've bought two, BC something and Western something...are there other Canadian content hunting magazines out there? :?:

"Big Buck" from Saskatchewan, one of the best.

eric
08-27-2008, 10:10 PM
"Big Buck" from Saskatchewan, one of the best.

X2= A great magazine

Gateholio
08-27-2008, 10:57 PM
If you join the BCWF you get a subscription to the Outside Edge. If you join the NFA, you get a subscription to Western Sportsmen. I buy BIG BUCK if I ned something to read while waiting somewhere, and usually leave it. Pics are okay, but stories are often pretty weak. BC Outdoors has an annual hunting issue.

HBC remains the best BC hunting entertainment and knowledge resource.:p

bamf
08-28-2008, 02:11 PM
There is the Alberta Outdoorsmen which is pretty good most of the time.

Brett
08-28-2008, 02:28 PM
Petersons Hunting has Canadian content?

BCBear
08-28-2008, 03:19 PM
We should start our own magazine...tons of work I know, but we got all the experts from all walks of life, tons of stories, do-it yourself project, BS and more... and tell me it couldn't be done better than any other mag?!

rishu_pepper
08-28-2008, 05:02 PM
We should start our own magazine...tons of work I know, but we got all the experts from all walks of life, tons of stories, do-it yourself project, BS and more... and tell me it couldn't be done better than any other mag?!

Totally awesome idea. I volunteer for "Varmint Dispatching Ideas" editor. :biggrin:

Mr. Friendly
08-28-2008, 06:29 PM
Totally awesome idea. I volunteer for "Varmint Dispatching Ideas" editor. :biggrin:
no, no, no, no! you'll be in charge of game preparation and cooking, Coyote Chef! ;)