PDA

View Full Version : Deboning?

Deadshot
08-26-2008, 06:04 PM
How is evidence of sex maintained if you debone the meat?
Have always quartered out the meat & splitting the nads was no big deal.
Just curious what others have done in the past.

Jetboater
08-26-2008, 06:22 PM
wow.... I didnt realize putting down others was part of this forum...Bigbore didnt you just start hunting or are you a self proclaimed forum hero and know everything about every animal out there, I remember you asking a lot of stupid questions that have been gone over in the years past.
the walking BS house before you start bashing people read the rules....and add a few constructive posts....

big bore .... magnums dont make up for poor shooting....

deadshot ...good post for a lot of guys heading out for the early alpine season....I dedone and pack a nut with it... never had a CO give me a hard time.... when you are coming off the mountain with the rack strapped to the pack...the usually ask more about the hunt...

bsa30-06
08-26-2008, 06:23 PM
Easy boys the guy just asked a simple question, he didnt kill your dog.....settle down.

Deadshot
08-26-2008, 06:35 PM
Deadshot, search deboning and you should find something helpful.
Thanks Bigbore!:rolleyes:

valleycowboy
08-26-2008, 06:48 PM
WOW,must have been a very long off season,lol. some ppl on here should lighten up a bit.:lol:

BCLongshot
08-26-2008, 06:51 PM
This site has some real dumbass rookies pretending to be super outdoorsmen I tell ya.

Magnums Ha I laugh in your face !

Come on !

burger
08-26-2008, 06:58 PM
Someone's ate piss fllled cornflakes for dinner tonight.:-P:-P:-P

Rob
08-26-2008, 07:01 PM
I would think If you were in camp and cut/deboned/wrapped the meat but still had the head as sex evidence that would suffice, or kept the balls attached to some muscle. Not to sure though, rob

BiG Boar
08-26-2008, 07:20 PM
wow, seems like everyone on here tonight is uptight. Maybe a few smilies would help?:razz: Just trying to have fun on a tuesday night! :D I mean I ask the dumbest questions on this whole :D site! I am not asking to be kicked off but I have had enough flack from some of your profesional hunters? on here for asking stupid questions of my own! I mean come on, since everyone on here knows everything, maybe I should Dana out of this conversation and leave you with NO MORE PICTICTURES!!!!! Okay, I am going to cry, and please feel free to search the word deboning. BTW, PM me if you want advice on deboning, I would love to take you hunting, unlike some of the other higher than thou people on here, PS anyone who wrote stuff above! Go take your meds and hit the sack! Time for bed for the little ones. JUST KIDDING TO ANYONE WHO THINKS I AM SERIOUS!

huntwriter
08-26-2008, 07:20 PM
A guy asks a perfectly valuable question and the first few replies he gets are from numbskulls. That really should make people feel welcome here on HBC. Not! Get a life clowns and treat people with respect and tone your uncalled for attitude down.

You can debone all the meat. Just make sure to leave the bucks dangling part or the exit portion of a females plumbing attached to the muscle.;) I have done that many times and assure you it is easy to do.

Good luck.

Deadshot
08-26-2008, 07:23 PM
Not sure Rob, is why I asked.
Got pulled over before with a couple of caribou and a moose (all quartered) & showed the CO the moose rack but he still wanted to see evidence of sex.
I'm assuming Blacktail3113 meant a detached nut.
BCLongshot, you hit it right on the head! After looking in his gallery(very impressive!!!), it must be the truck!

BiG Boar
08-26-2008, 07:25 PM
"Wouldn’t it be wise for us to be more tolerant of each other and pick our battles with the ones that really threaten our way of life?" .

Am I really threatening your way of life? THATS IT, I AM NOW DANAING!

Rob
08-26-2008, 07:28 PM
I was curious as well. Ex. If you were in a camp for a week or so I would like to know if it would be legal to have the meat deboned and wrapped as long as you had the head for evidence. Dont mean to answer your question with a question:redface:. Rob

springpin
08-26-2008, 07:29 PM
Hey Deadshot,

Check out www.askthemeatman.com

Springpin

springpin
08-26-2008, 07:30 PM
Also check out Youtube.

Avalanche123
08-26-2008, 07:31 PM

Hmmmmm I think you better go back and read the first part of HW's signature line which says...
"Wouldn’t it be wise for us to be more tolerant of each other "

That said, I am sure you just simply forget the :) and the end of your post right. :)

Jetboater
08-26-2008, 07:32 PM

no offence BIG blank but you are not worthy of being in the same category as Dana, one 5 ft black bear and your now a seasoned hunter............................................ .....

TheWalkingSlaughterHouse
08-26-2008, 07:35 PM
Pretty sure how to do it is, is that you leave a teste or a penis or a milk sack attached to at least one quarter, and leave some hair attached to each of the other quarters. And the head attached to the horns, or hornless area. That way you really cant go wrong, as it seems to be a gray area. If you do that, there wont be anything gray about it, unless you happen to take bigbores advice and shoot with a magnum, and it hits the penis, and takes it right off, with the nuts, and then it just looks like the animal is on their moon flow, if you KNOW WHAT I MEAN!

BiG Boar
08-26-2008, 07:41 PM
no offence BIG blank but you are not worthy of being in the same category as Dana, one 5 ft black bear and your now a seasoned hunter............................................ .....

6'3" if you remember the post. Once you get something that big come on over. Put some more frosting on your shortcake for your next post. And if you really want to impress me garnish it with strawberries and some cinnamon hearts! JUST SO EVERYONE ELES KNOWS, I AM JOKING, I HAVE A TERRIBLE SENCE OF HUMOR AND I AM BORED!

huntwriter
08-26-2008, 07:46 PM
I would think If you were in camp and cut/deboned/wrapped the meat but still had the head as sex evidence that would suffice, or kept the balls attached to some muscle. Not to sure though, rob
The regulations state that evidence of the sex MUST be attached to the animal. The way I read that it would be fine to debone the meat but keep the “evidence” attached to a muscle.

One bit of advice, wrap the bucks organs in plastic and tie it firmly. You do not want the stuff seeping onto the meat trust me.

Rock Doctor
08-26-2008, 07:54 PM
I was curious as well. Ex. If you were in a camp for a week or so I would like to know if it would be legal to have the meat deboned and wrapped as long as you had the head for evidence. Dont mean to answer your question with a question:redface:. Rob

If you just have it "de-boned" it wont be wrapped/ ready for consumption, so I would leave a piece of hide here and there as well as leave a nut attached.
However, if you were to "Process" the animal, and have it packaged, ready for the freezer, then no nut required. (Don't know many guys that do this in camp:smile:)

Don't remember the exact wording, but it's something to the effect of "Evidence of sex must remain on animal untill it reaches your home, or untill it gets to the meat cutter/process facility" IIRC

RD

Rock Doctor
08-26-2008, 07:57 PM

"Evidence of sex" is not attached to any bones, Simply leave "THEM" attached to the inner thigh tissue, and you got it made.
Good Luck.

RD