PDA

View Full Version : Youth Season

sparkymacker
08-26-2008, 08:10 AM
I just checked the online regulations and noticed that they have clarified the age limit for youth season. This year 18 year olds are allowed to hunt on their own (as they can get at PAL 18 )as well as supervise a hunter under 18 years old. The synopsis wording regarding youth season was rather ambiguous so a lot of people (me included) thought 18 year olds were still eligible to hunt in the youth season as well. The clarification removes all doubt, 18 year olds are not eligible to participate in age restricted hunts.

Deerwhacker
08-26-2008, 09:20 PM
huh must be a new thing , a couple of years ago i hunted in a youth leh at the age of 19 and earleor that year shot a deer in the early youth season.

Steeleco
08-26-2008, 09:28 PM
Apparently they did this so they were in sinc with the federal firearm regulations. Good move really.

08-26-2008, 09:40 PM
I just checked the online regulations and noticed that they have clarified the age limit for youth season. This year 18 year olds are allowed to hunt on their own (as they can get at PAL 18 )as well as supervise a hunter under 18 years old. The synopsis wording regarding youth season was rather ambiguous so a lot of people (me included) thought 18 year olds were still eligible to hunt in the youth season as well. The clarification removes all doubt, 18 year olds are not eligible to participate in age restricted hunts.

The age definition for "youth" was changed during the Wildlife Act Review from 19 to 18. Unfortunatelly this means 19 yr olds can no longer hunt in the youth seasons like before, but can now hunt unsupervised.

GoatGuy
08-26-2008, 09:43 PM
The age definition for "youth" was changed during the Wildlife Act Review from 19 to 18. Unfortunatelly this means 19 yr olds can no longer hunt in the youth seasons like before, but can now hunt unsupervised.

"but can now hunt unsupervised"

This is the key.

08-28-2008, 01:57 AM
Also, age restricted LEH authorizations held by 19 year olds hunters are valid for the 08/09 seasons.

sparkymacker
08-28-2008, 12:50 PM

18 year olds can as well, but they can not participate in youth hunts.