PDA

View Full Version : Need 8 X 8 400 class B&C ELK

browningboy
08-25-2008, 08:59 PM
With hunting season coming, I am looking to get a B&C 400 class bull Elk, I've been to the range and can shoot like a dam', so can one help me as this will be my first B&C elk? I'm not looking for your secret spot, just tell me it and quit beating around the bush so anyone that wants to help, I'll donate a twinky for ya'!

Kody94
08-25-2008, 09:10 PM
With hunting season coming, I am looking to get a B&C 400 class bull Elk, I've been to the range and can shoot like a dam', so can one help me as this will be my first B&C elk? I'm not looking for your secret spot, just tell me it and quit beating around the bush so anyone that wants to help, I'll donate a twinky for ya'!

Don't tell anyone but you can get one here... the Mescalaro Apache Indian Reservation in New Mexico!!!!

BCrams
08-25-2008, 09:12 PM

I'll make your decision a little harder for you ...... here's another great place to get your 400" bull.

http://www.elkhuntingpreserve.com/elk_hunts.html

browningboy
08-25-2008, 09:13 PM
Don't tell anyone but you can get one here... the Mescalaro Apache Indian Reservation in New Mexico!!!!

Too far man!! Looking for an easy road hunt, not too far from the beer store either.

Ambush
08-25-2008, 09:16 PM
By B&C 400, do you mean Big Cow weighing 400 pounds? That's a big cow all right!

browningboy
08-25-2008, 09:17 PM
I'll make your decision a little harder for you ...... here's another great place to get your 400" bull.

Some farmed monsters there, but I'm talking 100% BC natural non-farmed elk, needs to be in nice country, good roads so I don't spill etc.

Shooter
08-25-2008, 09:17 PM
2 miles out the old fsr behind my house there will be a fork in the road if you hand a left there, and carry on for 7 more clicks there will be a small overgrown road on the right. Follow it down until it crosses the creek and then half a click up further you will be on the backside of a huge clearcut. If you are there between 8:30 and 9:15 in the am you will see your bull on the North edge of the cut. Happy hunting

Fisher-Dude
08-25-2008, 09:18 PM
Too far man!! Looking for an easy road hunt, not too far from the beer store either.

One word: Clearwater. BIG fricken bulls and all the beer you can drink.

browningboy
08-25-2008, 09:18 PM
By B&C 400, do you mean Big Cow weighing 400 pounds? That's a big cow all right!

A big cow??? I almost pissed my pants dude, that was funny, no I'm talking Boone and Crocket.

browningboy
08-25-2008, 09:20 PM
2 miles out the old fsr behind my house there will be a fork in the road if you hand a left there, and carry on for 7 more clicks there will be a small overgrown road on the right. Follow it down until it crosses the creek and then half a click up further you will be on the backside of a huge clearcut. If you are there between 8:30 and 9:15 in the am you will see your bull on the North edge of the cut. Happy hunting

But you live on the Island, need an LEH and that will never happen.:x

Shooter
08-25-2008, 09:21 PM
Now ur just gettin picky

Fisher-Dude
08-25-2008, 09:22 PM
But you live on the Island, need an LEH and that will never happen.:x

Really? You mean it's a waste of time putting in for 100:1 elk draws? I book holidays every year thinking I'm gonna get drawn.

browningboy
08-25-2008, 09:23 PM
Now ur just gettin picky

No, just being realistic, island elk?? I wish! But I'm sure that someone can give me some secret spots that I can drive up to and shoot my elk?:mrgreen:

browningboy
08-25-2008, 09:26 PM
Really? You mean it's a waste of time putting in for 100:1 elk draws? I book holidays every year thinking I'm gonna get drawn.

Damn, with odds like that, I should be banking on my 649 for retirement! LOL
With odds of 100 to 1 is 1 chance in 100 years or half a chance in 50 OR 1/4 of a chance in 25 years.:roll:

Shooter
08-25-2008, 09:26 PM
Heh. I hear ya. I've never gotten the coveted elk draw myself either. ALthough I know my father-inlaw got one about 3 years ago.

browningboy
08-25-2008, 09:27 PM
Heh. I hear ya. I've never gotten the coveted elk draw myself either. ALthough I know my father-inlaw got one about 3 years ago.

A buddy of mine has been applying for 18 or so years and the big egg but his dad did draw once and got a dandy! (They live in Campbell River)

Fisher-Dude
08-25-2008, 09:28 PM
Damn, with odds like that, I should be banking on my 649 for retirement! LOL
With odds of 100 to 1 is 1 chance in 100 years or half a chance in 50 OR 1/4 of a chance in 25 years.:roll:

I got a 109:1 WK draw back in the mid-90s. :mrgreen:

browningboy
08-25-2008, 09:32 PM
I got a 109:1 WK draw back in the mid-90s. :mrgreen:

Now you're just gloating! The draws are up and down like a hoes drawers.
Thing is, you never know.
But really, alls I'm asking for is a 400 class elk, is that too much to ask for???:wink:

moosinaround
08-25-2008, 09:39 PM
I think you are going crazy! Cabin fever in August!! The only place there are 400 class elk in bc are in your deams so go back to sleep and dream away!....................................or go to clearwater, up in the alpine of course!! Take some pictures too! Please!!! Moosin:wink:

burger
08-25-2008, 09:50 PM

50 k for their biggest bull and they don't even provide you with bedding???

GoatGuy
08-25-2008, 10:18 PM

7B - plenty of 330 all the way up almost breaking that 400" magic mark. They die of old age or turn into wolf scat.

You can try the Willy, Halfway, Pine, Murray and there was even a couple of pretty good bulls that came off the Peace. There's been a couple of 370" bulls come out of that country - I just don't think it hits the newspaper for some reason. :confused:

You could also do a fly-in or jet boat into the Northern half of the region. Try the Kechika or wherever you want really. Have a quick google and look for a burn .... or two near a river. :mrgreen: Take your spotting scope and setup shop.

At some point people are gonna realize what kind of elk are getting shot out of that country and that they don't have to put in for the infamous west kootenay bull elk.

Kitimat Killer
08-26-2008, 05:04 AM
talking about odds about tags frig my sheep tag was 3000:1 so every thing is possible but really some how i don't think your going to get that dream bull off the road get up in the high countrey then start from there

happygilmore
08-26-2008, 05:47 AM
Try Greenstone Mt I hear it's great.:tongue:

BiG Boar
08-26-2008, 07:10 AM
I think your best bet is to start a farm and inseminate some cows, then feed the bulls up till they get really big and tame, then go blast one. Best odds, and probably the cheapest.

BCrams
08-26-2008, 08:40 AM
7B - plenty of 330 all the way up almost breaking that 400" magic mark. They die of old age or turn into wolf scat.

You can try the Willy, Halfway, Pine, Murray and there was even a couple of pretty good bulls that came off the Peace. There's been a couple of 370" bulls come out of that country - I just don't think it hits the newspaper for some reason. :confused:

You could also do a fly-in or jet boat into the Northern half of the region. Try the Kechika or wherever you want really. Have a quick google and look for a burn .... or two near a river. :mrgreen: Take your spotting scope and setup shop.

At some point people are gonna realize what kind of elk are getting shot out of that country and that they don't have to put in for the infamous west kootenay bull elk.

Just like this Region 7 bull right on the highway .........

The elk population in BC is exploding. It baffles me why we do not have the hunting season extended to Region 5 as the elk are spreading south now. I personally have seen elk south of McLeese Lake. Just wait until those elk hit the Chilcotin grassland country!!

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v443/BCrams/elk.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v443/BCrams/elk1.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v443/BCrams/elk2.jpg

whitetailsheds
08-26-2008, 08:57 AM
:eek::eek::eek:!!!!!!!!!!! Can't be region 7.....must be southern BC!!!

hillclimber
08-26-2008, 09:08 AM

who cares that thing is HUGE!!!!!

elkdom
08-26-2008, 09:23 AM

Yeh! be carefull boys that just may be Dawson Creeks' own "ROBO" bull elk! lurking around the next corner ! nearby several 'COs' set up with cameras, night vision and RCMP back up! waiting for some "Tourista" to stop,point his '300 ultra short mega magnum' out the window of his motor home and take a wack at our very own "stuffed mechanical trophey Bull" !!! ps, that picture in the thread is definitly of a bull elk from region 7, proof is the narrow almost non existant highway shoulder is EXCUSIVE to region 7,

browningboy
08-26-2008, 12:18 PM
I think you are going crazy! Cabin fever in August!! The only place there are 400 class elk in bc are in your deams so go back to sleep and dream away!....................................or go to clearwater, up in the alpine of course!! Take some pictures too! Please!!! Moosin:wink:

What are you talking about? I think you are being selfish and not sharing your secret spot!:-x LOL Come on Moosin, share and share alike!:razz:

hunter1947
08-26-2008, 01:49 PM
Good luck finding one of them ,I have been looking for one like that for 43 years and never have even come close to finding one of the caliber.

The only place that I know that might carry one of the caliber is back in the Palliser river drainage ,back in by the BC Alberta boarder ,or the WK ,but there it is only LEH ,I know where I have seen Roosevelt's that score up around the 380 to 400 class range ,but you need an LEH draw which is almost impossible to get..
Good luck on finding one that is a 400+ bull ,O ya when you do find one like this please post it up so all members can have a look at it.

Good luck ,you will need it:roll::roll:.

moosinaround
08-26-2008, 01:57 PM

The elk population in BC is exploding. It baffles me why we do not have the hunting season extended to Region 5 as the elk are spreading south now. I personally have seen elk south of McLeese Lake. Just wait until those elk hit the Chilcotin grassland country!!

He better not be standing up there next week!! Or if he is it better be somewhere I can drop him!! Boom Flop!!! Moosin

BCrams
08-26-2008, 03:06 PM
He better not be standing up there next week!! Or if he is it better be somewhere I can drop him!! Boom Flop!!! Moosin

You wish................:lol:

elkdom
08-26-2008, 04:06 PM
Good luck finding one of them ,I have been looking for one like that for 43 years and never have even come close to finding one of the caliber.

The only place that I know that might carry one of the caliber is back in the Palliser river drainage ,back in by the BC Alberta boarder ,or the WK ,but there it is only LEH ,I know where I have seen Roosevelt's that score up around the 380 to 400 class range ,but you need an LEH draw which is almost impossible to get..
Good luck on finding one that is a 400+ bull ,O ya when you do find one like this please post it up so all members can have a look at it.

Good luck ,you will need it:roll::roll:.

Hey!!! give the guy a chance! what do you and I know???, I think you and I agree elk hunting definitely is a "LEARNING CURVE"! so why not start out HUGE ! and work your way down! lol

mntman
08-26-2008, 06:05 PM

browninggirl your just trying to get close to the 9x9 I shot off my deck last season

browningboy
08-26-2008, 08:14 PM
browninggirl your just trying to get close to the 9x9 I shot off my deck last season

And then you woke up.:p

The only thing mnman get off his deck are the little sheep with their heads stuck in the fence, thats why you have the gum boots and they all say " Here comes daaaaaaaaaaaaddddddddddddddddddd!"

browningboy
08-26-2008, 08:16 PM
So in general, one thinks it difficult to get a 400 class or are you guys just not sharing? I have lots of twinkies to share, so no worries there, just need to get a big ass bull!

browningboy
08-26-2008, 08:18 PM

If that don't get your blood pumping, you must be dead!

mntman
08-27-2008, 07:39 PM
And then you woke up.:p

The only thing mnman get off his deck are the little sheep with their heads stuck in the fence, thats why you have the gum boots and they all say " Here comes daaaaaaaaaaaaddddddddddddddddddd!"

now son you kow how it upsets your mother when you talk about her that way:lol:

Aaron Blom
08-27-2008, 08:27 PM
Wall Lake/Sage creek area. With wet summer horn growth should be awesome. Lots of road closures now (Good Thing). Used to actually live down in that neck of the woods, and, well, there is some "huge" bulss down there. Tough hunting tough. Knew the GO down there and he used to get at least one 380+ bull a year.