PDA

View Full Version : Smithers???

Orangethunder
08-25-2008, 08:26 PM
I am heading to Smithers this weekend to do some fishing and I was hoping to get a couple of pointers for some river fishing. I think we will be camping in Telkwa and hopefully trying some spots near there. Are there going to be any springs still hanging around? How about coho?

Thanks for any advice!!!

BCrams
08-25-2008, 09:01 PM
Your best bet at this time of year is to tangle into one of the big early Bulkley steelhead that start showing up mid-August!!

Can you say bottom bouncing 'spinners' !

Orangethunder
08-25-2008, 09:06 PM
Your best bet at this time of year is to tangle into one of the big early Bulkley steelhead that start showing up mid-August!!

Can you say bottom bouncing 'spinners' !

I here it can be good. I have never fished up there so it will be fun. I'm looking forward to seeing some new water.

I also told Leanne that if I leave at two in the morning I'm headed to Dease and not to expect me back for two weeks...:lol:

Krico
08-25-2008, 11:06 PM
There should be some steelhead around, though I usually fish the mainstem of the Skeena if looking for steelhead this time of year.

Pick up some Gibbs Ironhead and K3 Wobblers-rattle them along the rocks of some slow runs, 3-10 feet of water.

Any purist fly-fisherman who give you grief about fishing with gear should be shoved in the water:smile:

Good luck!