PDA

View Full Version : Help Needed around Gold Bridge!

Derp
08-25-2008, 04:20 PM
Hello,

I'm looking to take down my first deer & another blackie. I will be in 3-32 around Gold Bridge area on Sept 1st - 3rd. If anyone has had any success or knows the area and would like to help me out, I would greatly appreciate it.

Thank You :razz:

Ps. I'm not looking for your honey hole or such..

hunter1947
08-25-2008, 04:49 PM
Head back to Bralorne from Gold bridge and hunt some nice deer on the upper road above Bralorne.

I have taken a few nice ones in this area years back.

There is a beautifully camp site that is a forestry site that is called Kingdom lake stay there and camp there are fish in the lake also.
You head up the road from the lake and campsite ,it is good anywhere headed up this road back in a few kl from the lake.

You turn left on a spur road about 5kl before you get into Bralorne coming from Gold bridge

Derp
08-25-2008, 05:07 PM
thanks hunter1947, will definatley try it out and sure to report the monster muley or whitie or blackie I will harvest.

ChrisL
08-25-2008, 05:58 PM
Hello,

I'm looking to take down my first deer & another blackie. I will be in 3-32 around Gold Bridge area on Sept 1st - 3rd. If anyone has had any success or knows the area and would like to help me out, I would greatly appreciate it.

Thank You :razz:

Ps. I'm not looking for your honey hole or such..

Lots of bear sign all around there generally.

I've seen a couple of nice of deer and plenty of bear sign on the Hope Creek fsr. Lots of bear sign on the Noel creek fsr (starts behind the ball diamond in Bralorne)

Chris.

sparkes3
08-25-2008, 06:00 PM
thems the spots

hunter1947
08-25-2008, 06:08 PM
Lots of bear sign all around there generally.

I've seen a couple of nice of deer and plenty of bear sign on the Hope Creek fsr. Lots of bear sign on the Noel creek fsr (starts behind the ball diamond in Bralorne)

Chris.
Very true , behind the ball diamond area is good for deer as well.

One Shot
08-25-2008, 11:32 PM
Just got back today from going up there for the first time, I now know all those spots.

mfarrally
08-26-2008, 08:40 AM
Great Info let me know if you see any goats higher up. I was lucky enough to get a draw up there. good luck on your hunt!
cheers!

Derp
08-26-2008, 09:17 AM
thank you all

tikkat3
08-26-2008, 10:12 PM
I hunted marshall ridge just north of carpenter lake which is maybe 15 minutes from gold bridge, and saw a few bucks and moose sign, never got anything though...

Derp
09-03-2008, 08:24 PM
Just got back from a couple of days hunt around gold bridge and bralorne with one bear down. I'm going back on friday and will hunt sat and sun. While I was up there I only saw one small buck 2pt and some does. Just for the record I drove more than 400 Km's on ALOT of FSR's and haven't seen many deer. I'm wondering if I'm doing something wrong or if the deer are up higher.. I would love to report on monday with the bear Aaaand a deer. If anyone has any more help it would be appreciated if not, wish me luck.

Thank you!

horshur
09-03-2008, 09:05 PM
Derp...less driving and more lookin.

honest I do not drive 400km in a season.

where you saw the deer is where you could start to hunt...look for sign...nipped of browse..tracks in mud..ect and then spend some quiet time where the sign tells you deer are around.

glass a logging block for at least an hour before moving on.

If you are hunting with a partner split up and walk the edges of the cuts slowly.

Blainer
09-03-2008, 09:16 PM
Turn the truck off and pull out the BINNOCULARS.
Binnoculars are as important as you're gun;nothing to shoot at if you can't see it.

Gateholio
09-03-2008, 10:51 PM
Derp...less driving and more lookin.

honest I do not drive 400km in a season.

where you saw the deer is where you could start to hunt...look for sign...nipped of browse..tracks in mud..ect and then spend some quiet time where the sign tells you deer are around.

glass a logging block for at least an hour before moving on.

If you are hunting with a partner split up and walk the edges of the cuts slowly.

X2

Quit driving and start LOOKING/EXPLORING (on foot!):smile:

hunter1947
09-04-2008, 05:17 AM
Derp I would say you have to get out of the truck and pound some ground.

Find out where you see lots of tracks ,or a real nice older slash and then work that area ,keep moving into different areas covering the areas ,you will be surprised what you will see.
Good luck on your next outing.

frenchbar
09-04-2008, 08:51 AM
Derp
Park any where from the 73km mark along Carprnter lk to the Tyax turn off and head er up the ridges .should be able to see some deer .

Derp
09-04-2008, 09:08 AM
Thanks for the help everyone, I will definatley cover some ground on foot! To think about it you are all right, I was just driving and glassing cut blocks from inside the truck lol, my xj is precious but I'll have to give her a break.

ryanb
09-04-2008, 08:16 PM
Doing that for bear can be really productive. It took me a couple years to realize you're not going to shoot many deer that way though.