PDA

View Full Version : 2nd Moose Down, 1 To Go

Rock Doctor
08-24-2008, 11:47 AM
Not much of a story to this one. I took a couple friends up the River last evening, and on the way down we noticed a stump off in the distance that was not there when we went up. I pulled into shore, one friend bailed out and went for a little walk to investigate. This is the result:

http://i123.photobucket.com/albums/o281/RockDocPhoto/Animals%202008/DSC01601.jpg

http://i123.photobucket.com/albums/o281/RockDocPhoto/Animals%202008/DSC01608.jpg

RD

bsa30-06
08-24-2008, 11:52 AM
Hey slow down at the rate you guys are dropping them there wont be any left soon.lol. Nice moose congrats

Deadshot
08-24-2008, 12:14 PM
Too freakin easy for you guys!
What do you guys actually HUNT anyways?:wink:
As said, save some for us.

2slow
08-24-2008, 01:04 PM
Nice job congrats

6 K
08-24-2008, 01:09 PM
Wow, two already? you guys are making me feel behind, and my season hasn't even opened yet.
congrats way to get the job done!

Deaddog
08-24-2008, 01:55 PM
Great job, good to see game going down, shaping up to be a great season... how is the water levels?

Rock Doctor
08-24-2008, 02:43 PM
Hey slow down at the rate you guys are dropping them there wont be any left soon.lol. Nice moose congrats

lol, I will leave a couple for you guys. We are trying to get the Moose tags filled early, so we can move on to other things.

Too freakin easy for you guys!
What do you guys actually HUNT anyways?:wink:
As said, save some for us.

Easy???? 30deg heat, zillions of mosquitoes, and miles of muskeg up to your armpits. lol
We have actually put on quite a few miles on the boots already. It would be easy if we got these things on the way out to the hunting grounds, instead of on the way home, when you are already exhausted:wink:.

Great job, good to see game going down, shaping up to be a great season... how is the water levels?

Water levels are much higher than expected. I think I'm working when you come up for your hunt, but not possitive yet. If I can get off I will try make a run up to see how you are doing. As long as I'm not tagged out by then. lol

RD

hunter1947
08-24-2008, 02:53 PM
It must be nice to have transportation of that kind.

It sure saves packing them out .
Congrats on the second moose this year.

Avalanche123
08-24-2008, 03:54 PM
Tagged out....can't say I know that feeling.

Nice job on the moose!

sneg
08-25-2008, 08:25 AM
congrats.good going . you are lucky to have early season up there.nice animal.

Kitimat Killer
08-25-2008, 09:26 AM
congrats on the second moose your doing good if i had the early season too i would be doing the same way too go did you get any of shooting on film?
kk

Rock Doctor
08-25-2008, 09:37 AM
congrats on the second moose your doing good if i had the early season too i would be doing the same way too go did you get any of shooting on film?
kk

:frown: No, both of these Moose were taken at the end of long days. We were not expecting to see anything at the time and I was sick of wearing the headcam all day. Both encounters happened pretty fast, there was no opertunity for cameras ( I was too far from the second one anyway).

That second Moose really put us behind schedule. I had it timed to get back to the truck just before dark. My friends stalk on it, and the time to gut and load put us WAY behind. We got back to the truck well after dark, Almost had to spend the night on the river with that one. I couldn't even see the bridge pilings when we went under the bridges, on the way home.
Scary.

RD

hunter1947
08-25-2008, 09:58 AM
:frown: No, both of these Moose were taken at the end of long days. We were not expecting to see anything at the time and I was sick of wearing the headcam all day. Both encounters happened pretty fast, there was no opertunity for cameras ( I was too far from the second one anyway).

That second Moose really put us behind schedule. I had it timed to get back to the truck just before dark. My friends stalk on it, and the time to gut and load put us WAY behind. We got back to the truck well after dark, Almost had to spend the night on the river with that one. I couldn't even see the bridge pilings when we went under the bridges, on the way home.
Scary.

RD

What great videos you have there.

There sure are lots of different kinds of wildlife you filmed.
The kids look like there having a blast.
Thanks very much for showing your videos.

hillclimber
08-25-2008, 10:02 AM
RD what kind of headcam are you using?

Rock Doctor
08-25-2008, 11:45 AM
What great videos you have there.

There sure are lots of different kinds of wildlife you filmed.
The kids look like there having a blast.
Thanks very much for showing your videos.

Thanks, I spend alot of time out there and get some good opertunities.

RD what kind of headcam are you using?

Samsung SCX300L

I got mine from "Future Shop"

Wolfman
08-25-2008, 11:47 AM
Nice work.

You guys make Fillin that freezer look easy ;-)

Wolfman

hillclimber
08-25-2008, 12:56 PM
Alright thanks RD