PDA

View Full Version : leh goats

grumpy
08-23-2008, 05:55 PM
has anyone hunted goats or seen goats in leh area 3-33 zone f

happygilmore
08-25-2008, 07:06 AM
seriously! another one, 99 views and no replies...
cmon guys this guy was lucky enough to get a draw now he wants someone to tell him where to find the goats.
I'm sorry I cannot help you because I have never spent any time in that area scouting for goats in the pre-season, someone will be along shortly with some help.

Alpine Addict
08-25-2008, 11:35 AM
I went on a horseback camping trip in 3-33. dont know where zone F is but we saw 2 herds of em in a week. A couple nice billies to. around spruce lake area. probably 80 goats in a week.

Avalanche123
08-25-2008, 05:46 PM
Hey next time make your draw in Region 6 and I'll help you out. Actually PM before hand so you get off to the right start.

That said, I am not at all familar with your area so I can't be of much help right now.

Best of luck.

grumpy
08-26-2008, 11:10 AM
thanks guys
3-33f is south and east of goldbridge bordered by carpenter lake
I thought someone may have been up there this summer, hiking ,horseback riding, mountain biking or atv -ing and could save me a little time

mfarrally
08-26-2008, 11:14 AM
Ya i have the same draw and don't have much info on the area. we were thinking of heading up fisrt week of oct. Any info i can gather i will be sure to pass it along!

mfarrally
08-26-2008, 11:17 AM
I am taking my older brother who has never hunted before so it should be a blast. Planning to quad as far as we can then hike as far as we can.

Laurence_Erickson
08-26-2008, 11:22 AM
I haven't been in there for years but that used to hold a few goats .I have buddies that took goats out of there years ago.It will be no more than goat hunting a little blood sweat and maybe a tear or too. good luck on your hunt.

grumpy
08-26-2008, 12:14 PM
Ya i have the same draw and don't have much info on the area. we were thinking of heading up fisrt week of oct. Any info i can gather i will be sure to pass it along!
I might be back by then
pm me before you leave

c.r.hunter
08-26-2008, 01:13 PM
Get a topo, find the steepest south facing slopes in your zome and you will likely find your goats.

vortex
08-26-2008, 01:37 PM
About 10 years ago my partner and I took one out of there. We saw him just before dark on a north facing slope but couldn't see him the next morning. We decided to hike it anyway and within 200' of the peak we saw him again and convinced him to come home with us. If I remember it was about the 7500' level. We saw one goat (a billy) during the trip and he now hangs on my buddies wall.

mfarrally
08-26-2008, 10:07 PM
thanks grumpy, will do. and good luck. and thanks for the info guys, always nice to know there are at least a couple up there.

skyliner 270
08-26-2008, 10:15 PM
dont know that area but good luck.. iv always wanted a goat...ill put in for a draw next year.

grumpy
09-01-2008, 07:39 AM
btt goldbridge

EvanG
09-01-2008, 11:36 AM
Didnt look at the map but south and east of carpenter lake? If that includes the dam i ve seen a few fairly low on the cliffs above the dam and on the rock faces opposite of the mission mtn road when commin down to carpenter.

pmj
09-01-2008, 02:09 PM
Get a topo, find the steepest south facing slopes in your zome and you will likely find your goats.

I put in for goat south of your area (didn't get the draw:frown:) and I was going to do what c.r. hunter suggested.
I have not reaserched your area at all but at a quick glance I noticed that Bobb Creek and Tommy Creek drainages may have some south west facing slopes. Cadwallander Creek drainage may have south facing slopes.

:idea: I would do internet searches under the names of creeks and peaks in the area. There are lots of other people other than hunters that post trip reports on other sites that have pictures, trail info and even animal sightings:smile: that can be helpfull to a hunter.

Another thing I consider: looks like there were 7 other goat permits for this zone so that is the maximum number of other hunters over a 2 month period that may beat you up the hill to the billies.
It works for me, just my $.02.
Best of luck on your hunt.

grumpy
09-19-2008, 02:10 PM
still looking for info