PDA

View Full Version : Meat cutter in D.C area

Kechika
08-23-2008, 02:43 PM
http://www.backcountryhunting.net/forum/index.php

BCRiverBoater
08-23-2008, 03:06 PM
What are you getting processed? You holding out on us?

Kechika
08-23-2008, 03:26 PM
What are you getting processed? You holding out on us?

"Will be"Hopefully..Sheep Moose and Muley

whitetailsheds
08-23-2008, 11:46 PM
Picked up a moose today at Omineca. Lots of room, not many moose, expecting a rush come Sept.and the new elk seasons.

Swamp Donkey
08-24-2008, 07:06 AM
The best meat cutter around here is in Chetwyn....I took a deer to Omineca once, all we did was field dress it due to the cold. When I went to pick up my meat I found that I had shot the only Mulie buck in these parts that didn't have any tenderloin.

whitetailsheds
08-24-2008, 09:44 AM
Yep, had a couple elk done by Mike in Chetwynd as well. He does a good job, and he is a f***ing card!!! Love going to him and BSing, Mike's hilarious! Taken quite a few animals to Ben at Omineca over 17 years and he, too, has done a good job. I could make complaints about both, but I will still continue to go to either.

Spuddge
08-24-2008, 10:44 AM
Another vote for Mike in Chetwynd, he butchered both our moose quickly and did a great job. He's quite the character, had a beer and gab with him, nice guy.

whitetailsheds
08-24-2008, 10:46 AM
If ya go to Mike, try his burger jerky. Good stuff!

wolverine
08-24-2008, 10:51 AM
Give Corlane Sports a call. I'm sure they can give you a list of them.

wickit
08-24-2008, 11:44 AM
Not to many others in Dawson than Omineca Zingers shut down this spring.

elkdom
08-24-2008, 12:44 PM
The best meat cutter around here is in Chetwyn....I took a deer to Omineca once, all we did was field dress it due to the cold. When I went to pick up my meat I found that I had shot the only Mulie buck in these parts that didn't have any tenderloin.

I took moose .elk and deer to Omineca for about 8/9 years and ALL my game had no tenderloin? when I finally got PO'ed and put him on the spot for "why" this was happenning? the reply I got was "OH" your animal was really shot 'UP" of coarse not one of these animals were shot using NOT more than 'ONE" 30 caliber 200 grain nosler partiion bullet and ALL were shot thru the shoulder! so there make your OWN conclusion?????? ARE you feelin LUCKY?

todbartell
08-24-2008, 01:35 PM
so you guys are saying the butcher steals the tenderloins and eats well everynight? :D that is ballsy

bc sportsman
08-24-2008, 01:42 PM
Anyone have contact info for "Mike in Chetwynd"?

Kody94
08-24-2008, 01:54 PM
Mike Russell

Russell's Custom Meat Cutting
Phone Number:250-788-2518

elkdom
08-24-2008, 02:02 PM
so you guys are saying the butcher steals the tenderloins and eats well everynight? :D that is ballsy

I never said "steals", stealling is wrong!!!!!!!!!! it just seemed I always "shot" out my tenderloin where it is hidden in the front shoulder!! now I try and place my shots in the HOOVES where there are no tenderloins! my NEW butcher agrees!! and now I get tenderloin cuts from my game meat!!!!

BigBanger
08-24-2008, 02:34 PM
I never said "steals", stealling is wrong!!!!!!!!!! it just seemed I always "shot" out my tenderloin where it is hidden in the front shoulder!! now I try and place my shots in the HOOVES where there are no tenderloins! my NEW butcher agrees!! and now I get tenderloin cuts from my game meat!!!!

Funny guy . LOL .

gbear
08-24-2008, 02:35 PM
Not many choices in Dawson right now. Ominica is about it for doing work commercially. There are a couple other guys I have heard of, but they only do it for friends. I stopped taking any meat to Ominica for processing years ago and now process everything myself. If it's really hot out, Ominica is able to just hang meat for you to keep it cold.

I have heard lots of good things about Mike in Chetwynd.

Zinger's was sold recently. I seen someone there yesterday, so it may open up again somethime this season. I initially heard it was going to be really soon, but talking to the Huterittes (sp?) last week, they bought the cooler of Zinger's seperatly and took it out to their land. So, whoever bought Zinger's will have to put a whole new cooling system in place.

hunter1947
08-24-2008, 02:45 PM
Russel's meats just outside of chetwynd about 4kl.

His game butchering shop is south of chetwynd ,I took a moose to him about 5 years ago to get butchered up ,he did a fine job cutting up my moose.
His shop is towards the Prince George side of town.