PDA

View Full Version : Little and Big Qualicum chuck reports

Johnnybear
08-22-2008, 01:21 AM
I heard some good "reports" about the little Q in the last couple of days and headed out last night to check it out. We fished hard and did everything everyone said worked for them over the last couple of days with no luck. A good dozen boats out with not one we saw land any fish and we fished to dark. Just wondering if anyone else has been out and what's working for them?

ratherbefishin
08-22-2008, 06:57 AM
its been like that off Sooke this year-some days good,others not even a strike.

Sheldon
08-22-2008, 03:44 PM
I heard its been slowwwww so far, but on the bright side its still early. Give it a week or so and it should be getting good. I always remember the first week of September is good for the Q's.

Fixit
08-22-2008, 03:59 PM
ive spent all week fishing out by the QA / T10 marker in vancouver
landed one chinook 18lbs, four other hits but either lost them at the boat or broken tackle, etc. For over 35 hours of fishing id say its been slow

most sucess we've had was shallow 40ft or less on bait (anchovies) with/without flasher with a small white head or watermellon head.
others had had sucess with white hoochies

Poguebilt
08-22-2008, 07:00 PM
give it a week at the big q and fish pink and white hoochies.... I always followed the 50' depth and went down 45' with my down rigger... I've fished there 25 years now and always had a great time!

"past memeber from Bowser Bills fishing resort"

SAVAGE300
08-24-2008, 01:16 PM
was at the little q on fri morn about 9ish picked up a 25 at 15 ft with a mp15 hooch 34 inch leader nothing the rest of the day and saturday as well, wach those red jellyfish THEY STING, my brother and I got stung all over inside our arms, under my lips, and under is his eyes and on the backside of our hands

Johnnybear
08-24-2008, 09:53 PM
was at the little q on fri morn about 9ish picked up a 25 at 15 ft with a mp15 hooch 34 inch leader nothing the rest of the day and saturday as well, wach those red jellyfish THEY STING, my brother and I got stung all over inside our arms, under my lips, and under is his eyes and on the backside of our hands

Thanks for the report man. I'll try to sneek away one of these mornings and try the morning bite. Sorry to hear about you and your brother and the jellies. I watch the lines as they come up and if the red slime is on I take care thanks for the warning anyways. Amonia kills the sting but that would look kind of funny pissing all over yourself on a boat:lol:. I'm serious I used to see surfer's on Maui that got stung by man-o-wars and they literally were pissing on themselves to relieve the pain:eek:.

Johnnybear
09-03-2008, 10:33 PM
Went back to the little Q tonight and it was going off. I think the big Q must have been just before as quite a few boats packed up and ripped up there. Just after they left the bite was on. MP15 hoochies, short leaders, any of the jelly fish flashers, and troll slow.