PDA

View Full Version : Hunting In Langley Agricultural land

CamoChris30-30
08-21-2008, 01:58 PM
Just got the new special area hunting map. It reads that you can hunt in the district of langley using non solid shot. It also reads that local bylaw overrides this map I talked to one bylaw oficer and she said only to protect crops. I told her what the new map reads and she transferd me to the senoir officer were i left a voice mail . Just wondering if anyone has any info on this subject

Mr. Dean
08-21-2008, 03:36 PM
Noooo. But keep me posted!

fowl language
08-21-2008, 05:14 PM
you can only hunt in langley for crop protection from birds,big game is closed.and this is challenged every couple of years by the anti s and horse people. we have had 2 go rounds with this in the last 4 years.....fowl

Gun Dog
08-22-2008, 08:03 AM
The original bylaw was 1991 - 3001 plus some ammendments (3355, 4000-1 and 4427). Basically no discharge of firearms allowed. Naturally it's not on their web site so you have to go to the head office to get a copy.

Jimsue
08-22-2008, 01:23 PM
They were talking about this a few weeks ago on here, I recall the last word was you could only hunt with a compound bow, no firearms or crossbows or long bows.

Blk Arrow
08-22-2008, 10:20 PM
They were talking about this a few weeks ago on here, I recall the last word was you could only hunt with a compound bow, no firearms or crossbows or long bows.

I went down to the Langley Township hall a few years back and got a copy of the bylaw. I just checked my files and can't locate it. As I read it, there is a complete ban on hunting in Langley Township. (It also covers the use of bows.) You are a allowed to protect crops but I believe that is allowed under Provincial legislation which over rides Municipal bylaws.

I would suggest getting a copy of the most recently ammended bylaw as Gun Dog has recommened.

Dirty
08-22-2008, 10:55 PM
There is a difference between the bylaws in the city of langley vs langley township if I am correct. One area or the other is covered. I have been wrong before but this is my understanding.

Dirty
08-22-2008, 11:10 PM
I was looking online at the Township of Langley and Bylaw # 3001 says there is no discharge of firearms in Langley with exception to crop protection. It says nothing about hunting? Is it possible that the online version is not complete? From this I would infer that hunting without firearms is legal. Therefore a bow would be adequate. However, I recall a bylaw about bow discharge that requires the target be stationary. Therefore, the deer must be standing still when you fling and arrow through it. :razz: I also believe City vs. Township bylaws are different.

Mr. Dean
08-22-2008, 11:53 PM
Township/Municipality IS two diff sets of rules.

No discharge of firearms in the township. This I know... Bows,,, nadda clue.
I protect my crops and home from squirrels on a regular basis w/ a pellet rifle.

Ddog
08-23-2008, 12:37 AM
went through this many of times, i lived in Langley for years. If it were legal to hunt langley i would have had several record book deer out of my yard. It is not legal, like i have said before in the last post on this subject.
Dont do it if you are not sure, also as i have said before check with the conservation officers see what they say. there is no hunting in Langley anymore.

Gun Dog
08-23-2008, 08:27 AM
Therefore a bow would be adequate. However, I recall a bylaw about bow discharge that requires the target be stationary. Therefore, the deer must be standing still when you fling and arrow through it. :razz: I also believe City vs. Township bylaws are different.The original bylaw banned hunting with firearms, then an amendment included bow and crossbows, then an amendment allowed archery (e.g. stationary targets) but not hunting.

Yes, the City of Langley and the Township of Langley are two different municipalities (2 mayors, 2 councils, ...).