PDA

View Full Version : Newbie Mulie help,are they in the cut blocks

thepitchedlink
08-20-2008, 06:08 PM
Alright guys, I'm getting ready for my first season back in BC in a while and the first time chasing Mulies. I'm mostly in 8-23,25,26. All my scouting seems to take me high on the logging roads and into the cut blocks. I do see deer here. Is this where you guys will spend your time? Or are you looking at getting back, behind the blocks? All the terrain below the blocks is harsh, steep, wet and a bugger to scout with out getting deep into it..ya can't see more then 30' anyway. Then all of a sudden the sky opens and the cutovers go on forever. Lots of good, green edge and miles and miles of glassing available. This seems like the best bet to me, as I don't want to get into their backyard until the season is on...I just want to see a few and then back off for a few weeks. So...blocks or no blocks...thanks

Mr. Dean
08-21-2008, 12:37 AM
I'm a little lost on the play of words... You should be seeing critters in the logged out areas. Pay close attention to the forests edge and knobs that sit high amoungst the rest of terrain. As well as 'clumps' of tree's left for seeding.

Enter via the timber if possible. I like to follow the game trails and try to keep the wind in my favour.

hunter1947
08-21-2008, 05:23 AM
I have found that you can find mulies almost anywhere.

I used to get some real dandies in open areas at first light before they head into there bedding areas ,be there just before sun up and you will see ,slashes or open Meadows.