PDA

View Full Version : Ohhhh can't wait

CT.45
08-15-2008, 04:46 PM
Can't wait for the start of the season. Took my 5 year old out for some pre-season scouting and we put up 7 grouse, cow and calf moose and lots of deer sign, Found a good spot where they close the road at the start of hunting season. Perfect for a still hunter like me. woo-hoo

Steeleco
08-15-2008, 05:23 PM
It's coming, you can feel it in the air in the morning. Good for you getting the little one in the game!!!

burger
08-15-2008, 05:52 PM
It's coming, you can feel it in the air in the morning. Good for you getting the little one in the game!!!

My 5 year old daughter asked me if when she is 7 can she come moose hunting with me. I gave her a resounding HELL YA. Can't wait for that day. Hopefully my son will be as jazzed about it. He's only 2.5 but I am pretty sure he will be just by how he is.

huntwriter
08-15-2008, 06:11 PM
Good on you for taking a kid out. Get them early involved is important.

Went scouting last week, we saw right of the pat six deer on the way in and then a bit further another four, one of them a very nice buck. All in all we saw 16 deer that morning, two moose cows, grouse just about everywhere and lots of bear sign (scat and tracks in the soft ground).

I am heading out tomorrow and on Sunday setting up a few stands for bowhunting. It’s going to be an exiting season. It seems there is more game around than last year.

08-16-2008, 02:42 AM
took my 15 month old out on the quad for the first time last week. we seen 2 bear and 4 blacktails, he seemed to enjoy it. Good sign!

hunter1947
08-16-2008, 07:12 AM
Who finds the most sign ,dad or son ?? ,man you got to love it.