PDA

View Full Version : Flying with my Recurve Bow

Avalanche123
08-15-2008, 09:42 AM
Hard to believe that it ss as cheap for me to fly to Edmonton as it is to drive so I am hoping to fly there for a mid-Sept hunt.

My question is, any suggestions on how I can pack my recurve bow so it makes it there and back in one piece? I haven't heard of cases for recurves.

Suggestions?

Thanks,

Bigbear
08-15-2008, 09:48 AM
You Can get soft sided Cases for Strung of Un strung. They are a fairly good Case.

GoatGuy
08-15-2008, 09:52 AM
Check to see how the airlines will accomodate you.

My guess is scare Canada will charge you $50 - Westjet won't.

Bow Walker
08-15-2008, 09:53 AM
I'm assuming that it isn't a take-down? I'd look into some sort of a hard case for it. Airlines are like any other carrier - they could care less.

Maybe a pice of PVC tubing big enough take it? A hardware or plumbing store might be your best bet. Then you could get some screw-on ends.

greybark
08-15-2008, 10:02 AM
:smile: Hey A123 , Duct tape it to the top of the tail , make sure the tips are turned upward . :razz:
Cheers and good luck on your hunt !!!!!!

Bow Walker
08-15-2008, 10:24 AM
The following was asked abd abswered in another post here in the Bowhunting Forum. Steve (bochunk2000) was/is flying up to PG (i bekieve). Note the differneces between plane and bus.

:?:
Why did you put your bow on the bus? If you are flying, I am sure you can fly with it? Other than my curious questions, good luck with your hunt!

:!:
$125 each way on the plane $25 for extra bag and $100 for over 62 linear inches:eek:....$30 on the bus.
I will try and take a bunch of good picss to post.
Steve.

Avalanche123
08-15-2008, 12:32 PM
Hmmmm I didn't see the end of that thread from bochunk....That kinda sells it......guess I am driving!

huntwriter
08-16-2008, 03:22 PM
Yep, a traditional bow, unless it is a takedown, is regarded as bulky item. Some airlines charge for a compound bow in a airline approved hard case additional luggage fees. One of the reasons I purchased a take down recurve was because it will fit in my suitcase and so will the compound bow.