PDA

View Full Version : air has changed

bckev
08-12-2008, 12:37 PM
I was up early for my hike and noticed the air has changed, that means hunting season is only a month away. I am in the south okanagan, anyone else notice that it is getting the fell of fall.

2slow
08-12-2008, 01:09 PM
The wife and I were noticing the same thing yesterday. Seems to be a bit of a chill in the morning already. But it seems to us that it is a couple weeks early this year.

sneg
08-12-2008, 01:11 PM
Yeah, it is nice feeling. Loking forward to go into bushes.

Fisher-Dude
08-12-2008, 01:15 PM
I noticed on this morning's walk that the apples are turning red, and you can smell them too. I can't wait! Summer sucks!

bighornbob
08-12-2008, 01:23 PM
I went and cut firewood on Saturday morning up Goudie main and I wished I had brought a touque.

Only a few more weeks.

BHB

GoatGuy
08-12-2008, 01:33 PM
I went and cut firewood on Saturday morning up Goudie main and I wished I had brought a touque.

Only a few more weeks.

BHB

Drive by and you don't even stop in for a beer.

Unbelievable.

08-12-2008, 01:38 PM
l live at the north end of the valley and although it certainly has been cooler the last few mornings (8 degrees out on the deck this morning) l still haven't smelt that breeze that signifies the changing season. I think summer is still going to have another blast at us yet although anywhere after the 3rd week in Aug l have felt the change in years gone by.

bighornbob
08-12-2008, 01:50 PM
Drive by and you don't even stop in for a beer.

Unbelievable.

Do you live up there?? If so it would not have been a pleasant stop. Everytime we drove by the houses, my dad mentioned how he killed a buck there and now theres a house there. Each of the seven trips we made he cursed another house.:)

Maybe next time I will stop in for a beer and make him wait in the car like he used to do to me and my sister (in the mid 70's) as him and mom would go in for a beer into the old (cant remember now but it was where Sargent O"flarities is/was). Fisher Dude can help me out with the name he probably had club courtisy there:mrgreen:

BHB

Fisher-Dude
08-12-2008, 02:16 PM
Do you live up there?? If so it would not have been a pleasant stop. Everytime we drove by the houses, my dad mentioned how he killed a buck there and now theres a house there. Each of the seven trips we made he cursed another house.:)

Maybe next time I will stop in for a beer and make him wait in the car like he used to do to me and my sister (in the mid 70's) as him and mom would go in for a beer into the old (cant remember now but it was where Sargent O"flarities is/was). Fisher Dude can help me out with the name he probably had club courtisy there:mrgreen:

BHB

Royal Anne? :biggrin: Bloody region 3 foreigners coming down here and cutting our beetle wood. :mad:

My dad used to tell me the same stories about shootin' bucks on Black Mountain. He dumped a dandy right at the 33/Goudie intersection - it was a 3 legged one that appeared to have been born that way, but grew to be a nice mature buck. In those days, that was a long trip out of town in the '35 Packard. :wink:

bighornbob
08-12-2008, 02:34 PM
Royal Anne? :biggrin: Bloody region 3 foreigners coming down here and cutting our beetle wood. :mad:

My dad used to tell me the same stories about shootin' bucks on Black Mountain. He dumped a dandy right at the 33/Goudie intersection - it was a 3 legged one that appeared to have been born that way, but grew to be a nice mature buck. In those days, that was a long trip out of town in the '35 Packard. :wink:

Was it called Steamers???

I wish there was beetle wood down there, it would make it easy. Have you seen what it looks like up here. Wait till it really hits down there.

BHB

Fisher-Dude
08-12-2008, 03:54 PM
Was it called Steamers???

I wish there was beetle wood down there, it would make it easy. Have you seen what it looks like up here. Wait till it really hits down there.

BHB

Steamers was its name after the Royal Anne.

You were cutting too close to Rutland - somebody stole the pine beetles before they could kill the trees! :biggrin:

ruttinbuck
08-12-2008, 04:58 PM
You were cutting too close to Rutland - somebody stole the pine beetles before they could kill the trees! :biggrin:
LMAO too funny but true.RB

GoatGuy
08-12-2008, 11:58 PM

BHB

Our place was probably up there when he was hunting. It's been here a long time (40s?).

You can sit in the car and your old man can tell me the secret spots for the 2 tiners. 8-)

peterrum3
08-13-2008, 01:11 AM
l still haven't smelt that breeze that signifies the changing season. I think summer is still going to have another blast at us yet although anywhere after the 3rd week in Aug l have felt the change in years gone by.

There is nothing better than that warm feeling of contentment that you get when you feel the air changing and know that Sept. is just around the corner. I think you are right about the summer blast though. We have the Ironman competition here in the third week of August and it is usually blistering heat for that event, but right after that there is a definite change.

hunter1947
08-13-2008, 04:32 AM
Ya ,I get up at 3AM and have noticed that the temp is +8c a few days in the last week or so.

Not far away till bow season ,13 days ,can't wait :grin::grin:.

bckev
08-13-2008, 09:27 AM
I find it is a coolness but also the texture of the air on my skin and the smell. I also think we are in for another hot spell or two, but my experience when I feel the air change like it has we start seeing the changes associated with fall with some minor lulls during the heat waves. But also the animals start to move more. I have noticed a lot more sign in the last couple of days on my hikes than I have all summer. I am excited.

waistdeep
08-13-2008, 05:56 PM
well Brian Roberts just said we got 10 days of hot 33+ weather on route, all the cool weather is heading north. One good thing though, I not salmon fishing in the Charlottes right now - supposed to be blowing big time up there.

hunter1947
08-14-2008, 03:38 AM
Tempeture +14 hear in BC this morning ,going to be a hot day today up around +28c.

bckev
08-14-2008, 08:29 AM
It is supposed to hit 37 in my neck of the woods, but still noticed the fall air on my walk this morning, even though it was already hot.

Shed Hunter
08-14-2008, 12:41 PM
It has been cooler. Had sum misty morning hunting felling hear. And it is not Sept.

anglo-saxon
08-14-2008, 01:17 PM
The air has changed? Tell me about it. Had to put the liner back into my leathers the other day for the bike and still froze my #$%^%&'s off on the Malahat!