PDA

View Full Version : My new Bino's came today.

Shooter
08-11-2008, 04:34 PM
Well my new binoculars came today and as promised I'm gonna let you guys know how they are.

They are a set of Vortex Viper 10x42, and in the box they came with 2 neck straps, (One cheapo and one very comfortable and nicely constructed neoprene strap), lense cleaner pad, front and rear lense covers, and quite surprisingly it actually came with a very nice travel container.

They have adjustable eye relief cups for those of you that wear glasses, and also have a locking diopter ring.I find this feature great because it seemed like everytime I picked up my last pair the diopter needed to be readjusted so that both eyes could focus.

Now for the good stuff.

When I first pulled them out of the box and looked through them I was completely at ease with the money I had spent on them. They are so crisp and clear it is unbelieveable. When I was looking at bino's locally I looked at all the ones I could find ranging from $250-900. At $509 these fell right in the middle of the pack as far as price goes but to be honest the $900 bino's had absolutely nothing on them at all. Tonight at dusk I will test them with low light but I have no doubts they will perform great.

The warranty that Vortex offers is also second to none.
http://media.sw-network.com/vx/pdf/VIP.pdf

So if anyone is looking at buying new bino's do yourself a favor and look thru a pair of Vortex before you make you decision. They can be a little hard to locate in order to look thru before ordering but if you look at their website you can locate a dealer nearest you. Or if anyone near Campbell River or Courtenay wants to peek through mine to see I would be happy to oblige. After doing some research myself and looking thru umpteen bino's from Nikon to Leupold to Bushnell and any other ones I could find for my money there was no better performing bino's out there.

Brambles
08-11-2008, 04:38 PM
It must be a binocular Day, mine arrived in the mail too.

Yipee

Shooter
08-11-2008, 05:08 PM
Cool what did Summer Santa bring you?

Brambles
08-11-2008, 05:14 PM
Zeiss Victory 10x42 T*FL w/loutec coatings

I was a good boy..

Shooter
08-11-2008, 05:16 PM
Very Nice. I bought a Zeiss scope last year and am really impressed with it as well.

Brambles
08-11-2008, 05:21 PM
Yup, I have the Zeiss Diascope 65, I thought they'd make a nice matching pair....

Avalanche123
08-11-2008, 06:02 PM
Enjoy the new binos Shooter! I am sure they will serve you well.:)

Bow Walker
08-11-2008, 07:09 PM
As I suspected - you're very satisfied, you're well pleased with the small amount of money paid for what you recieved, and you are now a convert to the Vortex side!!

I knew that I was backing/promoting a winner.

moosegoof
08-19-2008, 10:13 AM
eagleoptics.ca in ontario great to deal with,fast shipping,i bought a vortex
scope and binos. they're great. cant loose with vortex