PDA

View Full Version : What ever happened?

dumprat
08-10-2008, 01:55 PM
What ever happened to being a "sportsman"?

I went to a little lake this weekend to take the wife and kids fishing. The lake has lots of small fish, easy picking for a three year old and my wife who is a real novice fisherwoman. I get there and some a##hole is camped with his trailer right in the boat launch. and his buddy is camped in the acess road to the rec site. What gives? When did it start to be OK to block everybody out of a spot?

These guys were outfitted with all the yuppie gear, belly boats and quads and stuff. Why wouldn't these types go to a trophy lake or something? The fish in the lake they were at average 1lb.

I went somewhere else and had a good time but I did feel like doing something nasty to them for blocking everybody else's access. Perhaps a big spruce across the road or a few flat tires might smarten them up. But I don't think so.

todbartell
08-10-2008, 02:10 PM
why not politely ask if they'd move a bit so you could launch your boat. If they decline, you wait until they're out in their belly boats, you raid their cooler and tackle boxes like a pirate, let the air out of all their tires, and rub dog shit on the inside of their door handles. Oh wait, you said being a sportsman...:lol:

rishu_pepper
08-10-2008, 02:12 PM
why not politely ask if they'd move a bit so you could launch your boat. If they decline, you wait until they're out in their belly boats, you raid their cooler and tackle boxes like a pirate, let the air out of all their tires, and rub dog shit on the inside of their door handles. Oh wait, you said being a sportsman...:lol:

Behaviour as expected from the one and only that is todbartell :biggrin:

But seriously, you did the right thing by being courteous and not pressing the matters which could've gotten ugly.

Gateholio
08-10-2008, 02:14 PM
I would do exactly as Tod Bartell suggested.

Especially the pirate stuff. In this modern world we live in, sometimes a man has to revert to the old ways, raise the black flag and start slitting throats.

happygilmore
08-10-2008, 02:27 PM
Had the same thing a couple weeks ago, guy parked at the only acess to the lake, watched us from about 40yrds away carry our boat with 3 kids under 6 down from where we parked (out of the way) past his truck 3-4 trips each to grab our gear!.
I think it's the horse blinders syndrome.

Jelvis
08-10-2008, 02:37 PM
dump, I relate a bit to what your tryin to say, some people want to control the whole access and area as well as who can use something and even tell ya about it. But you know if you talk back a bit they're ready to phone 911. It can get serious quite fast and makes a person feel wrong and uncomfortable standing for a personal positional stance.
I think you did the right thing going and trying another spot cuz of the family and it's not worth having trouble.
The world can be a strange place at times with all the people having " equal rights" lol.
Now a days you're better off avoiding most people in any adversarial posture. Jelly- I-feel-the-anxiety+the frustration it causes-it's not comfortable.

Fisher-Dude
08-10-2008, 03:58 PM

Just great. You know how Rishu hangs on every word you say. That impressionable kid is gonna get $hitkicked next time someone's camped in the boat launch. :cool:

ryanb
08-10-2008, 04:17 PM
Did you ask them to move?

hannibal
08-10-2008, 04:19 PM

Especially the pirate stuff. In this modern world we live in, sometimes a man has to revert to the old ways, raise the black flag and start slitting throats.

Sometimes people with poor manners and bad habits need to reminded that there is always someone who may be normally quite polite and submissive that can be pushed too far. I'm not condoning violence but sometimes it's OK to be D*ck if you're gonna f*&k an a#*hole. I would have a hard time not getting confrontational if I was in the same situation.

Avalanche123
08-10-2008, 04:21 PM
I'd leave and look for another spot. Life's too short to deal with people like that unless I am at work and paid to do it IMHO.

Yep I'd be choked but they problably do this stuff all the time. Bad karma will get em"!

Jelvis
08-10-2008, 04:47 PM
Pushing other peoples buttons is normal for couples or relatives and friends who will use a tease and will roast each other a bit. But others outside of that loving circle who look like they want to get a point across and use another in front of a group in a public place can disrupt a persons space. This usually will be done where the person who tests others to see if they can get jacked a bit has a crowd to protect them and make you look real stupid for reacting out towards the originator. Confusing? You bet. And a feeling of helplessnes and stress.
This is normal for some and is called bullying. All depends on who, where, and when it happens and why it happens as to how you re-act to the bully.
It's difficult to deal with these types, the bully type people cuz, they have done this to others all through their lives to fairly normal people. They know usually how far to push to make you feel like crap then back off and let you feel bad. Then they let you know that if they see you anywhere when others aren't around and feel your like them they call 911 on you, now they really got you over a barrell. You can't win just shut-up and avoid these types but it's easier said then done. Jel-I hope you can avoid the bullies. good-luck-be safe. no-rage lol.

rishu_pepper
08-10-2008, 05:13 PM
Just great. You know how Rishu hangs on every word you say. That impressionable kid is gonna get $hitkicked next time someone's camped in the boat launch. :cool:

That's why I don't own a boat :tongue:

On a related topic, however, I'm planning to purchase an inflatable with a little outboard for some recreational fishing/crabbing. I should make a separate thread..

todbartell
08-10-2008, 05:22 PM
On a related topic, however, I'm planning to purchase an inflatable with a little outboard for some recreational fishing/crabbing. I should make a separate thread...

you're gonna get the shit beat out of you - good luck! :lol:

Kechika
08-10-2008, 05:24 PM
you're gonna get the shit beat out of you - good luck! :lol:

hahaha.The love is over

M.Dean
08-10-2008, 05:50 PM
Start by trying to be half decent about it, Hey, hows it going? were going to do a little fishin here, can we use this PUBLIC ACCESS??? If the person says any thing at all rude or demeaning, back your truck over all his shit and launch your boat! Try to run over the cooler full of booze first, thats a real soft spot to most ass holes!!! It's a real good idea to size the guy up first, if he looks like a UFC striker, use bear spray and a piece of your oar, do not back down!!! Chances are the guy won't kill you, he may just want to beat the shit out of you and rub your face in the mud!!! On a more serious note, i would ask nicely once, and if that didn't work i'd lock my hubs in my F 250 and back down the boat launch, if i heard swearing from Joe Who i'd back down several times!!! Some folks like to push buttons, i have a F*** You and the horse you rode in on button!!!

jeeper
08-10-2008, 06:05 PM
Lifes to short to worry about Assholes like this !

NaStY
08-10-2008, 06:11 PM
Start by trying to be half decent about it, Hey, hows it going? were going to do a little fishin here, can we use this PUBLIC ACCESS??? If the person says any thing at all rude or demeaning, back your truck over all his shit and launch your boat! Try to run over the cooler full of booze first, thats a real soft spot to most ass holes!!! It's a real good idea to size the guy up first, if he looks like a UFC striker, use bear spray and a piece of your oar, do not back down!!! Chances are the guy won't kill you, he may just want to beat the shit out of you and rub your face in the mud!!! On a more serious note, i would ask nicely once, and if that didn't work i'd lock my hubs in my F 250 and back down the boat launch, if i heard swearing from Joe Who i'd back down several times!!! Some folks like to push buttons, i have a F*** You and the horse you rode in on button!!!

I really like that idea. NO one owns public land and we all have the right to use it. Thats that.....

Chuck
08-10-2008, 06:33 PM
This almost same thing happened to me, the wife and our two little kids when we went up to Trout Lake, north of Kootenay Lake some years ago. The only difference was that the two groups of people (two trucks and all their gear) who were blocking the boat lauch etc. were using American licence plates on their trucks, and basically suggested that we buzz off, when I asked if we could please launch our small boat. They weren't even Canadian, let alone British Columbians. I've met their type before in my travels and in many countries of Europe they are not too welcome either. I guess that one's reputation precedes him or a rose by any other name.........

lucky07
08-10-2008, 06:46 PM
pull the bilge plug on their boat at night.... or you could always just go throw bread crums on top of their trailer before you go to bed ... let the birds wake em up at 4 in the morning, red dye in the fresh water tank, diesel in the boat's tank so it smokes a little. I'd be a sneaky prick but if its a Yankee I'm following M.Dean's idea... No place in my outdoors for people like that. Those guys often leave the place full of garbage ... their a waste of oxygen that should go to fine people like us.

dumprat
08-10-2008, 08:22 PM
I was considering hanging up some real nice "Widow makers" across the road out with the chainsaw. The wife talked me out of it. If I run into these same fools again they will NOT get off so lucky. Perhaps a little skunk piss in the trailer water system should keep them puking for a while.

Wild one
08-10-2008, 08:45 PM
I would ask nice once and if that don't work let the games begin.Is it a bad thing if you like f@#$ing up A-holes days:twisted:.

One Shot
08-10-2008, 10:27 PM

Welcome, You must be a southerner. I like you already.:p

elkdom
08-10-2008, 10:37 PM

I like Tod Bartell's attitude!,reminds me of how I was before I graduated from "Orangatang school' now I am much more nasty! grrrrrrrrr!

Blainer
08-10-2008, 11:17 PM
This almost same thing happened to me, the wife and our two little kids when we went up to Trout Lake, north of Kootenay Lake some years ago. The only difference was that the two groups of people (two trucks and all their gear) who were blocking the boat lauch etc. were using American licence plates on their trucks, and basically suggested that we buzz off, when I asked if we could please launch our small boat. They weren't even Canadian, let alone British Columbians. I've met their type before in my travels and in many countries of Europe they are not too welcome either. I guess that one's reputation precedes him or a rose by any other name.........

I'd beat there Yankee ass.Trouble is I would kinda enjoy it.

mrdoog
08-11-2008, 04:56 AM
"and rub dog shit on the inside of their door handles"
Human feces is more demeaning.

hunter1947
08-11-2008, 05:03 AM
I would have asked them to move so you could lunch your boat ,if they said no ,then I would leave ,its not worth getting hurt over something like this ,you don't no what might happen ,its not worth it.

I would take there license plate number and report it to the CO or the police when I got home ,tell them what they had done and what they said to you.

CanuckShooter
08-11-2008, 07:50 AM
I would ask them nicely once, just once, to move so we could gain access. If they refused, I would very kindly move the stuff for them. If they were stupid enough to do something to set me off...they would get a good old fashioned tuning up.

EvanG
08-11-2008, 10:16 PM
Should have just back right through the ****ing camp

fowl language
08-12-2008, 06:14 AM
i second the bartell theory

BiG Boar
08-12-2008, 06:57 AM
I would start by asking what kind of flies they're using. Secondly I would ask if there is another public launch in the lake you can use. Mention that your kid has some disability, even if its just ADD. If none of this works, wait till they get in thier belly boats, then put on your orange jumpsuite with 5 numbers on the back and start darting around thier camp, every so often pop your head out and make a er-er-er-er-whooo-cha-cha-lerp-lerp-looooo sound. Do it really loud. That would freak out almost anyone. If they ask you what youre doing there tell them you need a knife really really bad.

lucky07
08-12-2008, 08:21 AM
lol ... the bartell theory , sounds professional and legitimate

mark4
08-12-2008, 09:47 AM
Sometimes it doesn't pay to be nice. The guy will mistake kindness for weakness. If some bone brain is blocking the boat launch on purpose it's time to get blunt and to the point. He obviously wants to start something so grant him his wish- then give him more than he bargained for. While holding his head underwater- politely explain to him that this mistreatment will end when he gets his crap out of the way. It's a nice thought though isn't it ??? LOL

Orangethunder
08-12-2008, 04:44 PM
Just use their boat:lol:. If they get wierd tell them to move or suck it up. I would avoid anything that could be viewed as vandalism, keeps you looking good.

Or if your really pissed take a dump by the drivers door and throw the TP under the truck so it cant be seen. Really tough to get out of brake pedals and runners;-)!!!

kastles
08-12-2008, 10:15 PM
wait till they're out on the water and take a piss in the beer cooler and a SHlT in the food one.