PDA

View Full Version : 7-22 info?

boonerbuck
08-09-2008, 09:27 PM
Theres no Elk season listed in the regs for 7-22 yet some people from Chetwynd are telling my friend and I that there is and it's a mistake. They claim to have had this cleared up by the CO's even. I'm pretty skeptical because there is no correction on the ministries web site and this is a whole sub region left out.

I'll have to wait til Monday when my friend calls to clear this up of course but I was curious if anybody can confirm what is being said by these people or are they just full of BS?

Does anyone have last years regs? They wouldnt leave out a whole sub region twice or once even I'd think).

elkdom
08-09-2008, 10:59 PM
Theres no Elk season listed in the regs for 7-22 yet some people from Chetwynd are telling my friend and I that there is and it's a mistake. They claim to have had this cleared up by the CO's even. I'm pretty skeptical because there is no correction on the ministries web site and this is a whole sub region left out.

I'll have to wait til Monday when my friend calls to clear this up of course but I was curious if anybody can confirm what is being said by these people or are they just full of BS?

Does anyone have last years regs? They wouldnt leave out a whole sub region twice or once even I'd think).

Been a GOS for 6x or better bull elk in the Sukunka and Pine River watersheds for many years, probably some of the best trophy elk in BC in that area, and yes it was open in 7-22 last year for bull elk GOS, but this new regs have it ommitted, I dont think the season changed,just the normal misprint,typo error normal several times in regs every year! but YOU know the story always be sure before you shoot ! but 7-22 definatly dont fall in the GOS for 3 point or better or antlerless GOS map, as I have that map direct from MOE!

boonerbuck
08-09-2008, 11:18 PM
Great, you are giving me some hope here. Thanks.

I have a friend who has a summer job in that area and has scouted us some decent elk spots. Now he tells me this today and I have no time left for a scouting trip. I'd hate to think I'm heading in completely blind to an unscouted area the first week of Sept. He'll be back in Alberta doing a couple of months of school when I return for a solo hunt.

It will all be cleared up Monday when I call the CO's office. At least I'll be able to get some sleep tonight thatnks to you.:-D

elkdom
08-09-2008, 11:24 PM
Great, you are giving me some hope here. Thanks.

I have a friend who has a summer job in that area and has scouted us some decent elk spots. Now he tells me this today and I have no time left for a scouting trip. I'd hate to think I'm heading in completely blind to an unscouted area the first week of Sept. He'll be back in Alberta doing a couple of months of school when I return for a solo hunt.

It will all be cleared up Monday when I call the CO's office. At least I'll be able to get some sleep tonight thatnks to you.:-D

Probably your best bet call, FT ST John MOE office,you will get best info from there, I'll bet yah 500 lbs of elk steak the season is open in 7-22 same as last year!

boonerbuck
08-09-2008, 11:42 PM
:tongue:
Probably your best bet call, FT ST John MOE office,you will get best info from there, I'll bet yah 500 lbs of elk steak the season is open in 7-22 same as last year!

Well if you are wrong I'll need the 500 lbs of elk steak cause the co's would be taking the one I shoot.

elkdom
08-09-2008, 11:47 PM
:tongue:

Well if you are wrong I'll need the 500 lbs of elk steak cause the co's would be taking the one I shoot.

then yu'l have to settle for "coyotee" sausage then! lol

todbartell
08-09-2008, 11:52 PM
I don't even think Rishu would want a plate of that :mrgreen:

boonerbuck
08-10-2008, 12:44 AM
I don't like where this is going............:eek:

hunter1947
08-10-2008, 05:10 AM
I wouldn't get my pants in a not till I called the wildlife branch in FSJ tomorrow morning ,my self I just think it is a misprint in the regs.

gbear
08-10-2008, 02:47 PM
I would be curious to hear what the MOE folks have to say also. I've lived up here a fairly long time, and there's been a 6pt elk season their the whole time. There is lots of elk in that zone.

I'm betting it's a typo as well. If not, I know some other's that will be pretty unhappy about that as well.

Wasn't there a post a few weeks ago or so about a zone in the Halfway River area (7-43) being missed as well?

Gosh, this post made me take a closer look, and there are lots of other zones missing, including 7-19, 7-31, part of 7-35, 7-36 and 7-44. Some of those are really good elk areas.

Caveman
08-10-2008, 03:29 PM
I talked to someone earlier about some ommisions and the regs are wrong. They were just waiting for some updates from Victoria. Check on line the changes may be up by now.

boonerbuck
08-11-2008, 11:08 AM
I talked to someone earlier about some ommisions and the regs are wrong. They were just waiting for some updates from Victoria. Check on line the changes may be up by now.

Nope, we checked and like I said...no correction.

My buddy will have talked to the CO's office by now. I'm out the door in a minute on a moose hunt and I'll see him later today when I arrive.

Thanks guys.

jml11
08-13-2008, 08:09 AM
The corrections are posted now, elk season for 7-19 to 7-22, 7-31, 7-35, 7-36, 7-43-7-46.

http://www.env.gov.bc.ca/fw/wildlife/hunting/regulations/0809/docs/CorrectionsPoster.pdf