PDA

View Full Version : Rams on Mt. Currie!?

harbinger
08-09-2008, 01:00 PM
So, at the Pemberton Music Festival, my friend tells me that he is watching the big screen next to the main stage as the crews are setting up for the next act. On screen comes a close up of a ram ( he swears it was a ram and not a goat) and they slowly pan away from this ram. Out and out the camera comes and at the bottom of the screen the stage comes into view. So this was a live close up from one of the on site cameras looking at mount Currie and a ram bedded down next to the big main slide path visible from Pemberton.:-o
I have seen somewhere(maybe at the Pemberton museum) a set of ram horns off of Mt Currie but never really spent any time glassing for them up there. Anybody hear about this or spent any time glassing up there for sheep? I figure it would be at the extreme end of their range and could be possible.

Gateholio
08-09-2008, 01:20 PM
The only ram that has made it's way to Pemberton in recent memory was shot by a local Indian, circa 1950, I think. We often display the horns at our banquet, I think the museum owns them.

Goats used to be seen quite frequently on Mt Currie, but few in recent years. If they spotted a goat in their camera lens, I would have loved to have seen it. Very few goat sightings on Mt Currie these days, although recently a few goats have been spotted in areas that have been devoid of goats for years.

TIKA 300
08-09-2008, 04:14 PM
The only ram that has made it's way to Pemberton in recent memory was shot by a local Indian, circa 1950, I think. We often display the horns at our banquet, I think the museum owns them.

Goats used to be seen quite frequently on Mt Currie, but few in recent years. If they spotted a goat in their camera lens, I would have loved to have seen it. Very few goat sightings on Mt Currie these days, although recently a few goats have been spotted in areas that have been devoid of goats for years.

Gatehouse,are the ones at Birkenhead Lake still there ? We camped there in 95,and spotted a couple,but have never been back......... TK

Gateholio
08-09-2008, 04:30 PM
[/COLOR]

Gatehouse,are the ones at Birkenhead Lake still there ? We camped there in 95,and spotted a couple,but have never been back......... TK

Yes, I can see those from the end of my driveway, depending on the time of year.

ryanb
08-09-2008, 06:41 PM
I've seen a goat a ways down the ridge from mount Currie itself. Certainly there are a couple up there.

BiG Boar
08-12-2008, 08:02 AM
What your friend saw was a swamp donkey. There were quite a few of them up there this year around that time partying. My question is what kind of beer was he drinking? I want some.