PDA

View Full Version : Watch your hunting/fishing stuff

harvey
08-07-2008, 05:44 PM
Did anyone see the bear that was killed on the news? This poor bear was just looking for some food, because the community has gone into their home! Whose fault is it for leaving food/garbage out?
They had to shoot this bear 5-7 times with 9 mm and 12 guages.
If a crack head stole your property or killed or stole your vehicle with all your tools in it, that's seem to be okay!! He was back on the street doing it the next day. He was stealing hunting equipment, trailers, quads, and our trucks-what we pay dearly for each month. This man has taken everything we have ever worked for. Do we treat him like they treated the bear??
Please keep in mind that we MUST have our recreation, and we have to be able to use it. We are not even sleeping at night, and all of our stuff is locked and tied and locked again.
This man who stole the pick ups, trailers and quads, are known to the RCMP but he is always allowed to walk.
Should there be a season for this?? Will the government issue tags for this?? LIMITED ENTRIES BE DAMNED!
How do we get them away from stealing our livlelihood of camping, hunting and fishing?
P.S its very. very bad in Kelowna!!!!!

troutseeker
08-07-2008, 05:58 PM
Hi Harvey, I feel for you man. Blame the courts for not considering property offences serious enough... The only way to change this is to get public opinion to change the judges way of thinking and acting. Of course, since they live in nice ritzy areas with low crime rates....

Troutseeker

TIKA 300
08-07-2008, 06:42 PM
Hi Harvey, I feel for you man. Blame the courts for not considering property offences serious enough... The only way to change this is to get public opinion to change the judges way of thinking and acting. Of course, since they live in nice ritzy areas with low crime rates....

Troutseeker
Or can afford around the clock security !!!!!!

Had my trailer full of tools taken out of my driveway 4 years ago,$40,000 gone no insurance(that is another in your face crook,TOOL INSURANCE):evil:

lucky07
08-07-2008, 07:10 PM
I'm in kelowna too man ... lotsa crackers here. Found a few good people though. One thing I hate about this place is that the cops ... one in particular whom I will not name, gave me 3 tickets in 2 weeks.... Seem more interested in people not wearing their seatbelts rather than crackers stealing our $h1T. Thank the honorable judges and courageous police officers for that. Funny how they go after a bear and kill it but wont go after a cracker or murderer and kill him... well.... IT in that case too I guess. ... aren't they supposed to control and emprison (teach a lesson) the bad guys so we the law abiding citizens (lol) don't get hurt and vilolated. Seems like they're mostly looking after their own ass IMO. There are good ones out there I know but god damn they're few and far between.

5 spike
08-07-2008, 08:09 PM
man that,s a shame i can,t beleive how bad it,s got in kelowna. i grew up there from 12 years old to 29. best time,s of my life. we would cruise downtown with our what we called cool truck,s mine was a 1973 chev short box, loved that truck. we new every cop by name and they gave us a hard time every now and then, but all in all they were good time,s. fishing and hunting, camping the best i really miss that place. but back here in campbell river i have found it all over again. but now my wife says i can,t go cruising on friday night,s any more. she say,s i am to old for that now. i don,t think,s so.

GoatGuy
08-07-2008, 09:05 PM
Too bad man - that sucks.

Haven't had any problems are our place yet. I think the dogs keep them away + the deer decoy that usually has a couple of arrows stuck in it helps.

anglo-saxon
08-07-2008, 09:07 PM
Trail cam and a nice piece of hickory! "Uh, I think he slipped on the gravel, officer!"

If you have a big white bunny suit you can just beat the proverbial out of him. That way he has to tell someone that a giant white rabbit laid a licking on him. It worked for the Calgary Police Service for years back in the day!

hotload
08-07-2008, 09:15 PM
One of the very biggest problems we face is that the police, go about there business as they should, and nail the crack heads, thieves, and our most difficult problems, the juvies. Then the police have to do a ton of paper work only to have it agreed by crown council that it should go beyond the cop shop which is most difficult at best, and then it hits the courts. The biggest word is rehabilitation. Well, I'm sorry, some just can't be rehabed, cause they just don't want to be. As for the juvies,at best they are slapped on the wrists lightly and they are all back on the streets before the sun sets only to repeat said crime to fulfill addictions. Some police probably turn a blind eye to some of it, just cause it ain't going anywhere, and they know it, they have been through all this for many years. It's our great Canadian Justice System at work. Not that this is just totally a canadian problem. Just ask the parents of a very, very young girl that was banned from the internet because numerous times she had sent inappropriate pics of herself over the internet and was having a cyber relationship with some perve. The parents ban her from all this and she takes them to court and wins her case, with legal aid that we pay for. Yup nice system. The country eludes me right now, but, their law. Your first DUI is your last one, DEATH BY FIRING SQUAD. DUI's are way down.

huntwriter
08-07-2008, 09:18 PM
I feel sorry for you. The same thing happened to a relative of mien. After phoning the police each time the longfingers came and been told, “There is nothing we can do” he took matters in his own hands. Next time the crook showed up he was welcomed with a baseball bat.

Needless to say the lowlife never came back again. In fact rumor has it that he moved out of the neighborhood.

While I do not believe in taking justice in our own handour courts seem incapable to administer the law.

GoatGuy
08-07-2008, 09:25 PM
I feel sorry for you. The same thing happened to a relative of mien. After phoning the police each time the longfingers came and been told, “There is nothing we can do” he took matters in his own hands. Next time the crook showed up he was welcomed with a baseball bat.

Needless to say the lowlife never came back again. In fact rumor has it that he moved out of the neighborhood.

While I do not believe in taking justice in our own handour courts seem incapable to administer the law.

This happened at one northern town. Gas and booze was going missing regularly - even a couple of t-shirts were stolen? When the cop tells you to tie the guy to the bumper the next time you catch him, he's means it. They do things a little differently up north.

Gateholio
08-07-2008, 09:27 PM
I still leave the keys in my ignition at night...

Mind you, I have a clear shot from my bedroom window to the truck, and I can hear the diesel start up, and it's not like you can just push my truck up the 200 metre driveway.....:-P

boyd050
08-07-2008, 09:30 PM
some great points but lets put it in perspective.. the only time people really care is if it happens to them..(you) If you believe that the justice system is there to protect you .. you are sadly mistaken. the Only defence you have in society is the police, like it or not, they are doing as hotload says, what they are mandated to do. If more people went to court as concerned citizens, wrote more letters and stood up for what should be a system to protect us all from the few that keep the wheels of justice turning maybe the "sheople" of canada would be better served. Everyday the courts pander to the needs of the bad people allowing them the freedoms to B&E your house steal your stuff, and generally cost society nothing but grief and money..you can thank judges.. don't believe me??? go watch court..granted there are a FEW judges that know that they are in a position to assit canadians in keeping the criminals off the street but I tell you ... they are few and far between, they are all actually encouraged to NOT put people in jail, even though canadians all want stiffer penalties., they answer to no one and no one cares unless it happens to them... wish it were different but it isn't ...what it should really be called is the INJUSTICE SYSTEM. my two cents, but hey this system keeps me employed.... sad but true.

Phreddy
08-07-2008, 10:28 PM
Where can I buy a white bunny suit? I don't beleive in dial-a-prayer 911 either.

huntwriter
08-07-2008, 10:41 PM
some great points but lets put it in perspective.. the only time people really care is if it happens to them..(you) If you believe that the justice system is there to protect you .. you are sadly mistaken. the Only defence you have in society is the police, like it or not, they are doing as hotload says, what they are mandated to do. If more people went to court as concerned citizens, wrote more letters and stood up for what should be a system to protect us all from the few that keep the wheels of justice turning maybe the "sheople" of canada would be better served. Everyday the courts pander to the needs of the bad people allowing them the freedoms to B&E your house steal your stuff, and generally cost society nothing but grief and money..you can thank judges.. don't believe me??? go watch court..granted there are a FEW judges that know that they are in a position to assit canadians in keeping the criminals off the street but I tell you ... they are few and far between, they are all actually encouraged to NOT put people in jail, even though canadians all want stiffer penalties., they answer to no one and no one cares unless it happens to them... wish it were different but it isn't ...what it should really be called is the INJUSTICE SYSTEM. my two cents, but hey this system keeps me employed.... sad but true.

Good points. The police are the guys in the middle. A friend and RCMP officer told me how sick and tired many officers are to chase down a crook only to have him turned loose by a lawyer before the ink on the report is dry.
Our justice system is definitely corrupt to the core. But then again maybe not, maybe it’s the politicians. Crime is big business for insurance companies and the security sector. Home security is one of the fasted growing businesses in North America and they all make a living, a very good living, of crime.

holmes76
08-07-2008, 11:01 PM
some friends of mine had their cabin broken into a couple of time. never caught the guys but pretty much knew who it was. The cops told them that if they ever catch the guy in the act call them but..... it is a long hike up from their cabin to the main road and if the guy happens to trip a bunch of times on the way up there would be nothing they could do.:D:twisted:

twoSevenO
08-07-2008, 11:33 PM
Too bad man - that sucks.

Haven't had any problems are our place yet. I think the dogs keep them away + the deer decoy that usually has a couple of arrows stuck in it helps.

you are lucky ... down here that decoy would have been stolen a long time ago. I had crackers steal pink flamingos from the yard, that cost like $1 ... go figure ..... :roll::roll::roll:

hunter1947
08-08-2008, 07:58 AM
I feel for you Harvey .

The law sucks these days I would like to see the bad guys go to jail and have to break rock all day long ,if the law was to put them the bad guys to hard physical labor then the might think twice befor committing a crime.

The bad guys are put into prison and given 3 nice meals a day and they shoot pool all day long then go to the movies in the evening ,then go get into a nice warm bed with our tax money ,who says they can't get first class homing in jail ,what a screw up on the justice system ,I don't like it ,it should be change http://www.huntingbc.ca/forum/images/icons/icon13.gif.

Fisher-Dude
08-08-2008, 08:01 AM
I haven't had any problems where I'm living now, even though there is a high population of transient orchard workers nearby.

Had a cracker swipe my gas cans when I lived in E Kelowna (the GOOD old Wedco style that have a REAL spout and don't leak like the cheap new ones :mad: ), and found out where he lived a few days later. Cop comes by and says, "Oh I know Steven, I'll go see him". Shows up an hour later with some of my gas cans and several others, and dumps them on my lawn. I asked him what charges he was going to lay - he says none, Steven says someone else gave him the gas cans hoping he would give them drugs in return. :???: Funny, I thought possession of stolen property was a criminal offence?

I think my best protection against theft is:

http://i37.photobucket.com/albums/e70/Fisher-Dude/Pogo.jpg

anglo-saxon
08-08-2008, 01:13 PM
A neighbour of ours in Alberta were having their gas stolen right from out of the tank in their farm yard. The dirtbags would cruise by and wait until no one appeared to be around then take bolt cutters to the padlock and fill up their truck and jerry cans. One day buddy was waiting for the dirt bag and saw him drive in to the farm yard bold as brass (buddy had parked his truck in the quansit so it looked like he wasn't there, then he hitched a broad harrow to the back of the tractor...upside down). Once the dirtbag was in the hard, buddy snuck out the back of his house, fired up the tractor and hauled the upside-down harrow across the gateway. The dirtbag panicked, jumped in his own truck and attempted to flee the scene, driving right over the top of the harrow. Of course, he ended up shredding his tyres. So he goes trundling up the gravel road on his rims with rubber flapping all over the place. Menawhile the farmer had taken his license plate and description of said dirtbag and his truck and calls it into the RCPM. They were waiting for him at the end of the road by the time he got their. Obviously he was pretty well done, as near a dammit, red-handed (what with having farm gas in his towny truck and all!). But would you beleive it... that RCMP offcier actually entertained the whining of the dirtbag who complained bout the whole upside-down harrown thing and the cop caled the farmer to say that charges may be forthcoming for damage of property. Luckily, common sense prevailed and nothing ever came of it. The dirtbag was never seen again, except for his day in court.

GoatGuy
08-08-2008, 03:48 PM
I haven't had any problems where I'm living now, even though there is a high population of transient orchard workers nearby.

Had a cracker swipe my gas cans when I lived in E Kelowna (the GOOD old Wedco style that have a REAL spout and don't leak like the cheap new ones :mad: ), and found out where he lived a few days later. Cop comes by and says, "Oh I know Steven, I'll go see him". Shows up an hour later with some of my gas cans and several others, and dumps them on my lawn. I asked him what charges he was going to lay - he says none, Steven says someone else gave him the gas cans hoping he would give them drugs in return. :???: Funny, I thought possession of stolen property was a criminal offence?

I think my best protection against theft is:

http://i37.photobucket.com/albums/e70/Fisher-Dude/Pogo.jpg

Only if they're afraid of diarrhea and bs.

finish
08-08-2008, 04:43 PM

Thank you Mr. Sherrif!!!
All Points Boyd makes are true!! Sad But true!!!

Fisher-Dude
08-08-2008, 06:26 PM
Only if they're afraid of diarrhea and bs.

He'd lay a lickin' on that stunted chihuahua you call a watchdog. :smile:

FLHTCUI
08-09-2008, 10:12 AM
A Fed Bear is a DEAD Bear, now if we are complaining about theft then, so be it. But to compare the shooting of two bears in search of food and attacking a human let those chips fall where they may !
I am sick and tired of city folks moving into Prime wildlife habitat and then complain that a Bear is in my garbage can or my cat is missing and I dont know where it is. We all know it was eaten by that cute Coyote out in the park and had said cat been kept inside ... Or had we covered out trash and put it out the morning of pick-up and not two days before as we are going away for a few days these Bear-Coyote/ Conflicts would not be as common.

In 1999, Conservation Officers in British Columbia had to kill 1,138 black bears and 82 grizzlies because of real or perceived threats to human safety. Most of these bears came into conflict with people because they were allowed to access non-natural food sources

Sorry for the rant , but I felt that the Topic was a little bit off.
Rob

boonerbuck
08-09-2008, 12:50 PM
It's been a long time since I witnessed a robber out in the bush but it just happened last month to us.

We were fishing the Kitimat River and were drifting my raft out of camp to a vehical we parked for the day at the pull out spot. On the first days drift we arrived to find my buddies truck had the window smashed out with a rock and all his stuff cleaned out. His wallet, binos, pair of knives, a duffel bag with personal items.

He never should have left anything in the truck and he was the first to admit this mistake but talk about a bummer start to a highly anticipated fishing trip.

ICBC was going to cover everything I last heard from him. The trip was a success none the less. We cught some pretty big springs and had a great time. You cant let these low life maggots destroy your trip.

We all took turns telling our fantasy of *what if* we caught them in the act. One day we will hear about the crack head who was caught. Funny thing is he's be the victim I'm sure...

The first year...actaully my first big game hunt ever, a fellow down the trail had his 2 point buck stolen off the game pole while he was up on a ridge. He stopped to talk with the guy who stole it even. He had a bed full of firewood. His little buck was underneath. Imagine.....:roll: