PDA

View Full Version : Another poll

stickbow
08-06-2008, 10:23 AM
There is another "should grizzly hunting be banned in BC."poll on the chilliwack times website.

Steeleco
08-06-2008, 10:34 AM
Find us a link Sir, we'll hit that one too!!

44inchStone
08-06-2008, 10:43 AM
Why don't they put these Newspaper poles in Northern community papers? We all know why. They would'nt go to a commuity with bear problems and ask if they want it shut down now would they? Small communities just don't have th evotes that these group are looking for. They always seem to hit the big cities to get maximum votes and numbers. It's too damn bad.
I've been on many grizz hunts, some successful and some not.
None the less if they are managed properly, in which they have been. Grizzlies will be around long after we are gone. Grizzly hunting MUST continue or there will be more problems then ones we are currently encountering now. Just my 2 cents

BigBanger
08-06-2008, 10:48 AM
Top right of page boys , hitter up .

http://www.canada.com/chilliwacktimes/index.html

Avalanche123
08-06-2008, 10:53 AM
These Polls are starting to be a weekly routine! LOL

wolverine
08-06-2008, 11:53 AM
Why don't they put these Newspaper poles in Northern community papers? We all know why. They would'nt go to a commuity with bear problems and ask if they want it shut down now would they? Small communities just don't have th evotes that these group are looking for. They always seem to hit the big cities to get maximum votes and numbers. It's too damn bad.
I've been on many grizz hunts, some successful and some not.
None the less if they are managed properly, in which they have been. Grizzlies will be around long after we are gone. Grizzly hunting MUST continue or there will be more problems then ones we are currently encountering now. Just my 2 cents

They won't put it in Northern community papers for a couple of reason IMHO. One, they know they wouldn't get the "hugger" vote and be able to skew the results the way they want it. They have a weak arguement at best and they damn well know it. When they get clobbered in an arguement then they rush to the manipulated poll that they started and hold it out as evidence that most everyone is in agreement with them. Best thing we can do is keep clobbering their dumb as polls. It shuts em down in a big hurry. No. 2..... I would think that many northern communities rely on lots of hunting dollars to help drive their local economies. As a publisher of a paper the last thing I want to do is alienate myself from my advertisers or soon I find myself no longer the publisher of a newspaper. Bad business to run a poll that might intimate that you're a bear hugger in hunter country.

Just MHO.

44inchStone
08-06-2008, 12:04 PM
You hit the nail right on the head wolverine.

Stresd
08-06-2008, 01:32 PM
These Polls are starting to be a weekly routine! LOL

Yup! And again we are kicking ass. Also goes to show how easily a poll can be swayed depending which Lobby group can raise the most interest.:wink:

Ubertuber
08-06-2008, 02:56 PM
Click, Hit, Done.

Steeleco
08-06-2008, 03:41 PM
Done too, 84% NO!!

browningboy
08-06-2008, 04:40 PM
Keep the attacks coming, soon it will be 100% no, swinging the anti votes after an attack is sure easy, the media screws it all up as they don't view it on both sides, just the anti side!:???:

TIKA 300
08-06-2008, 06:39 PM
That would be a YES that its a NO ...........:tongue:

Just seen on the news about a woman in Coquitlam being attacked by a black bear,it was horrific,but i hope its an eye opener to the antis these ARE NOT PLAY TOYS (both griz and blackies)

huntwriter
08-06-2008, 06:57 PM
It seems that this is becoming fast a weekly feature in BC newspapers, only city papers though not rural papers. I wonder why.;-) Could that be a staged effort by the antis? So far it looks good with 85.43 % no and 14.57 % yes.:razz: Lets hope they keep it up for a while and not like others take it down if the result doesn’t turn out as expected.

Night Hawk 3
08-06-2008, 07:18 PM
85.68% for the NO vote.... We're gaining ground.

killman
08-06-2008, 07:25 PM
Done............. This is great if only we could find all the polls.

springpin
08-07-2008, 04:57 AM
86.29% no and counting...

hunter1947
08-07-2008, 05:13 AM
I say NO on this one.

BCRiverBoater
08-07-2008, 11:40 PM
Who ever dreamed up this poll needs to come North of Fort St. John in the fall. Let them sleep under a tarp with some food around. Then go out and do some elk calling every day while covering some territory. If they do not run away completely scared I would be shocked. The grizzly numbers are getting ridiculous in the mountains. We see more and more every year and have more and more close run ins with them.