PDA

View Full Version : First Grizzly Hunt???

steelhead68
08-06-2008, 10:21 AM
Hey everyone, I am new to this site and love all the info here. It really is helpful.
I have hunted in pink mountain a few times in the past and love it up there. Although I have only seen grizzly sign and never a bear as we always just go for moose.
This year i was successful in getting a grizzly draw in that area and am looking for any helpful infomation that may help me make my hunt a success.
Thanks again and Im hooked on this site. its awesome.

bigwhiteys
08-06-2008, 10:32 AM
Presuming you've been drawn for the same area you hunt moose in... Have you paid any attention to where the big berry patches were?

Carl

Avalanche123
08-06-2008, 10:55 AM
I can't offer any advise however you are fortunate in that at least you know the area and have been there before. For the most part, that can be the largest part of the battle. Going into an area you have never been is starting off at square one.

Good luck on your hunt!

BCHunterFSJ
08-06-2008, 10:57 AM
In the Fall, the grizzlies are often found on the mountain slopes digging for roots and ground squirrels. These "diggings" are often easy to spot when you are glassing. Fall grizz hunting is often better because the bears are feeding heavily in preparation for their winter sleep.
Good luck!

steelhead68
08-06-2008, 12:27 PM
Thanks for the information guys. I have noticed areas where berries are. and although not in the area i will be hunting i have noticed areas where they dig for squrrels etc. I will e looking for all these signs.
I guess just like if someone had a draw for me they would check the best feeding spots. as for me that may include a drive thru or pub!!! LOL. thanks again...

hunter1947
08-07-2008, 05:56 AM
What region did you get picked for ???.

Welcome to the site.

Nalidixic
08-07-2008, 06:42 PM
Welcome to the site and good luck on your hunt!

Nalid

todbartell
08-07-2008, 06:50 PM
What region did you get picked for ???

yeah, tell us where you hunt moose :D