PDA

View Full Version : Long overdue turkey prank

happygilmore
08-06-2008, 02:29 AM
Sorry! I made you guys wait so long...

Story-
We were out turkey hunting this spring and decided to put our decoy out in the field next to camp to see if any of the guys comming into camp for lunch would notice. A few guys come back to camp and don't see it... we get to talking about what they had seen that day when out of the corner of my eye I notice one of the guys trying to load a shotgun (excitedly).
I ask him whats up? "theres a turkey in the field!" so I reply "wait let me get my camera" next comes the video...

http://ca.youtube.com/watch?v=NbMdeS9S-UQ

browningboy
08-06-2008, 07:25 AM
That was friggin sweet! Thanks for the laugh!:D

Leaseman
08-06-2008, 07:28 AM
I don't know whether to laugh or get worried that this guy can't tell the difference.....:shock:

huntwriter
08-06-2008, 07:47 AM
While this might look funny to some folks, it is a sad fact that most turkey hunting accidents are caused by “mistaking” a decoy. To many hunters get shot at each year by decoy killers. Whatever happened to don’t shoot at anything that is not 100% identified.

model88
08-06-2008, 08:15 AM
Like HW said, using decoys can be dangerous.....but that still freaking hilarious:twisted:

Blainer
08-06-2008, 08:56 AM
That was bloody hillarious.
He had a smoke in his mouth the whole time,no thought of putting that out.

rishu_pepper
08-06-2008, 10:31 AM
Priceless :lol: At least he figured it out in the end haha

BigBanger
08-06-2008, 10:47 AM
Thats funny .

4ptbuck
08-06-2008, 11:20 AM
a little tannerite in the turkey would have been even funnier....

wolverine
08-06-2008, 11:57 AM
Good laugh!

bigwhiteys
08-06-2008, 12:06 PM
I don't know whether to laugh or get worried that this guy can't tell the difference.....

It must have been the smoke drifting up into his eyes... He looked all excited and serious making his stalk... Classic.

Carl

happygilmore
08-06-2008, 05:08 PM
While this might look funny to some folks, it is a sad fact that most turkey hunting accidents are caused by “mistaking” a decoy. To many hunters get shot at each year by decoy killers. Whatever happened to don’t shoot at anything that is not 100% identified.

Thats the risk of hunting to close to decoys, they are designed to look like a turkey so it is easy to mistake one for the other the only thing that SHOULD have given it away is the fact that the turkey was not moving, I don't think Í've ever seen a turk stand still for more than 4 sec.
Hey one benefit- he'll never make that mistake again!

huntwriter
08-06-2008, 05:51 PM
Thats the risk of hunting to close to decoys, they are designed to look like a turkey so it is easy to mistake one for the other the only thing that SHOULD have given it away is the fact that the turkey was not moving, I don't think Í've ever seen a turk stand still for more than 4 sec.
Hey one benefit- he'll never make that mistake again!

Lets hope he learned the lesson. Yep the lack of movement should make it pretty obvious. However, in my many years of turkey hunting I have seen it time and again that hunters get carried away. Heck, I had hunters stalking me because they mistaken my calls for the real bird. While that could be seen as a compliment to my calling talent it is also scary.

What you mean with hunting to close to decoys? If you're hunting turkeys with decoys you got to set them up within shotgun range, otherwise the decoy becomes useless.

08-06-2008, 07:59 PM
Sorry! I made you guys wait so long...

Story-
We were out turkey hunting this spring and decided to put our decoy out in the field next to camp to see if any of the guys comming into camp for lunch would notice. A few guys come back to camp and don't see it... we get to talking about what they had seen that day when out of the corner of my eye I notice one of the guys trying to load a shotgun (excitedly).
I ask him whats up? "theres a turkey in the field!" so I reply "wait let me get my camera" next comes the video...

http://ca.youtube.com/watch?v=NbMdeS9S-UQ

Too funny,,,,you guys are mean!

BiG Boar
08-12-2008, 08:14 AM
Very funny, i love how he even takes a finishing shot on it. He didnt figure it out until you guys were laughing your asses off! That was some funny stuff! Good work.

On a second note, yes a lot of turkey hunters using decoys are inijured or killed each year. You are supposed to sit next to a tree that is wider than your shoulders so no one sneaking up behind you shoots your arm when it moves. That is a new thing they teach in the hunting education course.

stickbow
08-12-2008, 12:32 PM
That was great, thanks for the laugh

compton
08-12-2008, 09:26 PM
That was awesome, i thought it was funny when you told me about it this spring but to actually see it was hilarious. But don't do it again cause horse play hurts! not! Not to sure if i still want to go out hunting with you this fall Darren.

happygilmore
08-12-2008, 11:40 PM
That was awesome, i thought it was funny when you told me about it this spring but to actually see it was hilarious. But don't do it again cause horse play hurts! not! Not to sure if i still want to go out hunting with you this fall Darren.

I'll be gentle.:!:

gone hunting
08-13-2008, 12:11 AM
Never laugh at a man with a loaded shotgun. Too funny......

hunter1947
08-13-2008, 04:47 AM
God I pissed myself laughing ,very good one you pulled over on him ,LOL :lol::lol::lol:.

Thats what you call having fun on a hunt.