PDA

View Full Version : Sheep Harvest Stratagy?

SHAKER
08-04-2008, 02:50 PM
Does anyone on here have a copy of the B.C. sheep harvest stratagy? The last one I can find available is from '96 and our local biologist are no help on getting my hands on it.

browningboy
08-04-2008, 05:48 PM
Sheep stragedy:
1- gum boots
2- velcro gloves
3- night time
4- near a fence
Thats all you need to know.:biggrin:

Fisher-Dude
08-04-2008, 05:52 PM
Sheep stragedy:
1- gum boots
2- velcro gloves
3- night time
4- near a fence

:shock::shock::shock:

scoot
08-04-2008, 07:20 PM
shouldn't it be SHOCKER, not SHAKER

SHAKER
08-05-2008, 09:54 AM
Sheep stragedy:
1- gum boots
2- velcro gloves
3- night time
4- near a fence

Thats a little too far into the political arena!

I need the actual govn't document stateing how they manage sheep seasons!

bighornbob
08-05-2008, 10:33 AM
Not sure if this is what you are looking for. But there are two reports (1 for bighorns, 1 for thinhorns). I looked in each report and there is a section on Harvest management.

http://www.wildsheepsociety.org/node/20

Hope it helps you out.

BHB

08-05-2008, 11:01 AM
I don't think there is such a document specific to mountain sheep, however there is the wildlife harvest strategy which is somewhat outdated and is scheduled for review.

http://wlapwww.gov.bc.ca/wld/documents/wildlife_harvest_strategy99.pdf

SHAKER
08-05-2008, 01:33 PM
Their was suposed to be a document about how sheep were to be managed province wide. That was one of the only document I could find as well. We have discused a season change here in the okanogan and the ministry said it would be against policy. But of corce you cant find that in writeing. Thanx for the help guys.

08-05-2008, 03:32 PM
Their was suposed to be a document about how sheep were to be managed province wide. That was one of the only document I could find as well. We have discused a season change here in the okanogan and the ministry said it would be against policy. But of corce you cant find that in writeing. Thanx for the help guys.

Did you ask them what policy they are referring to or ask for a copy of it. They're making a poor excuse in my mind unless they're willing to back it up by producing a policy document of some kind. There are lots of half-a$$ed regional policies as well as official provincial harvest policies. MOE Regions get into a rut of doing things the same old way for years and then they start stating it's regional policy when there really is nothing official or in writing. If a regional manager says "do it this way" that becomes regional policy, it's truly a crappy way of conducting business IMO.