PDA

View Full Version : 4-22

Ultra Mag
08-02-2008, 09:17 AM
Anybody had any hunts in this area? Sand Creek and Bull River areas.Gonna be there in Sept., just curious as to anybodys experiences there.Thanks

GoatGuy
08-02-2008, 09:30 AM
Elk and deer behind every bush.

islandarcher
08-02-2008, 10:26 AM
I'll be around sulphur creek for goat in October.

08-02-2008, 10:31 AM
Bull River ---one of the best hunting areas in BC!

rocksteady
08-02-2008, 11:05 AM
Good elk and deer country, so expect lots of other hunters being in there.

Find a promising spot and pound the ground. Do lots of glassing and locating calls, you will see more and maybe get a shot at something, as compared to all the road hunters, just cruising up and down the roads..

Trapper
08-02-2008, 09:10 PM
The bull river has some rugged country,but there is lots of game in there,i live 5 min. from the bull river haul rd. have worked the bull river for years on and off logging.what part of the bull river are you thinking of hunting?little sand and big sand are not far from from house

Jelvis
08-02-2008, 09:17 PM
Go to Quinn Creek up the Bull and it has road closure park and walk or mountain bike down road to scenery and elk on the slides.
For humoungas mule deer bucks Little Sands creek. go up the ridge road get dropped off and hunt down the ridge to partners truck. sands and little sands creeks. Bingo!
Jel-good luck in the Cranny area.

Poguebilt
08-02-2008, 09:41 PM
Rocksteady told me about the big grizzlys up there.... so I avoid the area! sorry no help here!

ElkMasterC
08-02-2008, 10:02 PM
I know some guys that used to hunt there. There's an outfitter takes folks up a lot in that area as well. From what they say, there's Grizz as thick as mosquitos up there, and they don't kill anything after 1 PM, as a rule, so they don't get stuck with a bloody backpack at night. They saw 11 unique Grizz in one day.
Good place to walk if ya got eyes in the back of yo head..lol
Good luck!

Ultra Mag
08-03-2008, 02:38 AM
Thanks for the info fellas,I'll be hunting with an outfitter,I guess now I know why he calls it GRIZZLY BASIN!

Jelvis
08-03-2008, 08:51 AM
You won't believe the majestic scenery and wild life of the Rockies it will ovecome your senses and give you visions for life to talk about.
Take some quality photos for us to view later and have the time of your hunting life.
Good-luck Ultra-Jel-Mag.

GoatGuy
08-03-2008, 09:46 AM
Thanks for the info fellas,I'll be hunting with an outfitter,I guess now I know why he calls it GRIZZLY BASIN!

Marty's a good guy, you'll do well.

Make sure you're in shape.

Kody94
08-03-2008, 12:28 PM
There are actually 5 outfitters in the Bull River drainage.

Sounds like you're hunting in Rick White's "new" territory. There is lots of game there (as there is throughout the Bull)....so no reason why you shouldn't see plenty of elk, muleys and goats and the odd grizzer for sure! (Big and Little Sand have lots of huckleberry's...so you may see lots of g-bears!). I don't know anything about his operations or how he runs his outfit but I expect you'll have a good time in some very pretty country!

Best of luck!

Cheers,
4ster

Kody94
08-03-2008, 12:30 PM
Marty's a good guy, you'll do well.

Make sure you're in shape.

You're thinking Marty Lightburn....Rocky Mt High....other side of the Bull drainage. He is a good guy.

finish
08-03-2008, 02:03 PM
yep....more grizzlies than deer and Elk LOL!!!!! Don't go there!!!

GoatGuy
08-03-2008, 03:24 PM
You're thinking Marty Lightburn....Rocky Mt High....other side of the Bull drainage. He is a good guy.

Yep, you're right, thinking back to a different time.

The Hermit
08-03-2008, 06:13 PM
don't forget your camera and video camera too. Fantastic country, lots of game. You going in on horses? That is a dream hunt of mine!!

ElkMasterC
08-03-2008, 06:46 PM
Yeahh.. I'd prolly just wanna steer clear of that whole drainage... ya know.....statistics and all...and that probability curve is gonna catch up on ya.....technical stuff like that..
Bad Juju....know what I mean?

Baaaaddddd Juuuu Juuuuuu !!