PDA

View Full Version : Going scouting for first hunt 5-01 3-30

Huey
07-31-2008, 07:51 PM
I'm totally psyched about my first hunting season in 14 years and first ever in BC. The wife, me and our 14 month old future hunter are heading up to Sheridan lake for all next week. (we just found out our aluminum boat was ripped off from our property up there :icon_frow) Anyway, I'll be setting up camp on nath rd on Sheridan lake this fall, and would like to hunt the windy mtn., eagan lk and bonaparte lake areas. I'll be carrying mulie, moose and bear tags with me. I've got my topo's, gps and backroad map all ready with some 'best guess' area that I'd like to check out next week. I am just wondering if anyone would be so kind to let me know of a few areas where we can get up high to do some glassing for some possible huntable areas this season.

I don't want this to be a help the new guy and give him all your best hunting spots thread. I'm just looking for a decent area where I can take the jeep and family up and get out and walk/hike and hopefully daddy can get some glassing in at the same time. Most important thing is that I want the wife to enjoy herself! Instead of me 4x4ing up every cut to find the perfect spot. I gotta make sure she's happy (story of my life) and let's me get out and play this fall! :mrgreen: Thanks for any help!!

Oh and if anyone sees a silver 12ft aluminum boat around Sheridan lake let me know! :grin: (like there isn't a million of those up there!!)

stixnstones
07-31-2008, 09:05 PM
my parents have had a cabin up there for on sheridan for 8 yrs now. things have changed alot with the pine beetle. was up there twice in the last month scoutin out things for my moose draw. lots of new cut blocks. i almost did not reconize some it. lots ofe fawns this year. send me a pm message and i will try to help you out more. i ll keep my eyes peeled for your boat.give me som more perticulars about your boat.

Jelvis
07-31-2008, 10:41 PM
Hunting moose around Hammer Lake good. 3-30
Wavey lake 3-30
North of Roe lake 5-1 Mule deer around Windy creek
Moose Canim Lake 5-1 from Eagle Creek
Check maps for boundaries and regs for gos etc.
Jel-good luck that's all I know lol.

Big Bucks
08-01-2008, 12:55 AM
If you check out just before you go down the Sharp Lake road , there is a huge meadow there that holds some moose , also at the end of Sharp lake road there are some moose holed up in there , Jelvis is right on with the Hammer lake area too so it is worth checking out . Good luck to ya .

hunter1947
08-01-2008, 07:29 AM
Take a left onto dead mans creek road it is just be for the town of Savona.

Head up to the first fork in the road keep right head up a nother 10kl the start hunting ,that area is fair for mule deer at most times of the season.
Mu 3-30 is next door to 3-29 they have the same GOS for mule in both regions.

oddsix
08-01-2008, 04:48 PM
Heading up to eagan...TOMORROW. and will be up at our cabin at sheridan also. Cant wait to some scouting/dirtbiking.
Last year i seen five 4pointers up at eagan. On the opposite side of the meadow of what big bucks is talkin about. There is a road going into the right. opens up a little ways in and is great coun try.