PDA

View Full Version : Stone sheep partner needed..

srupp
07-30-2008, 10:32 PM
Susan had a "friendly" wife to husband with me today and in spite of my profession..Paramedic..and taking the SPOT unit she is understandable concerned that I would again go on a 10 day mountain walk in stone sheep hunt..and asked me to consider taking a partner...and could I ask on "those hunting sites you spend so much time at "

I dont want Susan to worry and I agree its always safer and the best policy to have help along side..

I am thinking around last week of August first week of Sept roughly..

I know its late but I did promise I would ask...

Please if there is anyone interested could you PM me.

I thank you and appreciate any and all responses...

I would be willing to help someone on a bear or moose or Cali bighorn hunt if anyone is interested in any of those

type of big game...

Steven Rupp

Williams Lake :grin:

hunter1947
07-31-2008, 06:42 AM
Late might be better then early srupp.
I would think that there would be less chance of fog when you go latter.

I would go as a partner at the drop of a hat if I was 10 years younger.

All the years packing out game has did a number on my back and I would not want to have a blow out when back in the hi country.
I turned down a sheep hunt with mjm Mark and blacktailstalker on this forum because of my back problems ,other then that I am in good shape.

Good luck on finding some one that will be dedicated to this hunt with you .
I hope you find the right person for your hunt ,good luck http://www.huntingbc.ca/forum/images/icons/icon14.gif.

Leaseman
07-31-2008, 07:36 AM
Happy to see that Susan has FINALLY talked some sense into you Buddy...:wink:

I would go in a heart beat...BUT.... the stomach just hasn't healed enough....I will have to cool my jets and look forward to being camp cook in September for you and Nick...:roll:

Mike...hoping that you find someone to look after you...:biggrin:

Ambush
07-31-2008, 08:01 AM
Just PM me the exact GPS coordinates to your secret sheep hot spot and I'll see if it could work for me.http://www.huntingbc.ca/forum/images/icons/icon12.gif

Are you willing to go with a complete stranger? I have a good friend, who is a seasoned mountain hunter, that is looking for a partner for late August. He's taken one stone and quite a few goats. He wants to hunt most of August, because he's a teacher.
I'm leaving today for sheep already or I'd consider it.

I've done a few solo hunts and while I think they are very valuable experiences, a partner is way safer.

Good Luck.

Kody94
07-31-2008, 08:29 AM
My partner (who had his sheep hunt cancelled by my accident) could possibly be interested. I'll forward your note to him....(he's also from the Puddle).

Cheers,
4ster