PDA

View Full Version : Tbbc/ubbc

Avalanche123
07-30-2008, 10:11 AM
I am curious if most of you belong to one of these organizations or both?

I think it is high time I put two cheques in the mail to both these Organizations as they both benefit my activity.

If you hunt with your bow, I'd like to hear your thoughts.

Thanks.

Mooseman
07-30-2008, 10:24 AM
Sure am and have been for a while!

Onesock
07-30-2008, 03:07 PM
I belong to both org. Great organizations in support of bowhunters.

Avalanche123
07-30-2008, 04:14 PM
Well both my cheques to both organizations are now in the mail. Too bad TBBC doesn't offer LifeTime Memberships like UBBC does.

J_T
07-30-2008, 04:35 PM
I'm a member of both.

The TBBC offer a 5 year membership. I think the cost is $99.

mark
07-30-2008, 05:09 PM
Yes on UBBC!

Bow Walker
07-30-2008, 07:08 PM
Yes on UBBC!
X two on that....

Awishanew
07-30-2008, 07:09 PM
Belong to both. Both are different organizations and I support them both.

greybark
07-30-2008, 08:18 PM
:wink:Yuppers to both of them . Lifetime member ogf UBBC and the five year plan gives you a year free and that`s good for those of Scottish ancestery or hate renew each year ...
Cheers

Avalanche123
07-30-2008, 08:45 PM
I kind of get the impression there are not alot of bowhunters on HBC?

There is nothing wrong with not belonging to either. I was simply curious what the numbers were like.

Coyote
07-30-2008, 09:18 PM
Belong to both. Good organizations

'yote

huntwriter
07-30-2008, 10:00 PM
I have requested membership information by the UBBC. A month went by and I sent a reminder, another month passed and I sent another reminder. That was a year ago and I am still waiting.

I would like to give my support to the UBBC as an active member, but I am not going to send further requests that seem to fall on deaf ears.

Onesock
07-31-2008, 06:28 AM
Huntwriter- Why don't you go on the UBBC website. The site has all sorts of info on it. If you have other questions after going through the site I am sure a quick e-mail would get results.
Onesock

The Hermit
07-31-2008, 07:52 AM
Both. The UBBC had some issue with the website addresses for a while... had the same problem. PM me with your email address and I'll send the application to you tonight or tomorrow.

huntwriter
07-31-2008, 08:41 AM
Onesock - That is exactly what I did. First I visited the website and found that I needed to know a little more about the organization before making a commitment. I sent an email, then another email and then another one and still wait for a result. I also signed up as a member on their website at the same time and still wait for the confirmation email too that lets me post on the forum.

The Hermit – Thanks for the offer. I can download the application form from the website. What I need is some specific information about the UBBC before I can make a commitment to become a member.

If it’s okay with you I will send the information request to you per PM and my email address.

Avalanche123
07-31-2008, 08:45 AM
There is actually a fair amount of information on the site huntwriter. I checked out all the tabs on their site and had the majority of my questions answered. Perhaps you are looking for something more specific?

Bigbear
07-31-2008, 08:50 AM
Lifer for UBBC for Me

stickbow
07-31-2008, 09:26 AM
been a member of tbbc for the past 8 years and am a lifetime member of the ubbc almost from the start,both are great orgs to belong to if you bowhunt,alot of hard working individuals at the reins of both orgs.

oldtimer
07-31-2008, 09:29 AM
UBBC-- lifetime member

huntwriter
07-31-2008, 09:48 AM
There is actually a fair amount of information on the site huntwriter. I checked out all the tabs on their site and had the majority of my questions answered. Perhaps you are looking for something more specific?

Yes Avalanche123 I do require a little more information before making a commitment.

As a pro-hunter, having finally just about reached the point of making a living from hunting here in Canada, I have to be very careful to whom I lend my support.

The hunting business is very touchy and unforgiving place to be in. But just as important is that I tend to get very involved as a member of an organization or club, providing them not only my various skills and industry experience but also with the immaculate reputation I enjoy in the hunting industry. I worked very hard to get that far and I am very protective of what I have achieved.

Bow Walker
07-31-2008, 10:15 AM
I kind of get the impression there are not alot of bowhunters on HBC?

There is nothing wrong with not belonging to either. I was simply curious what the numbers were like.
It's my impression that there are a lot of archers here on HBC - Cross bow-ers, Traditional, and Compound. It's also my feeling that most are not talking about it because of a "fear" of critisism from some of the more outspoken archers. :frown:

:redface:The sport is my passion and I believe in offering what I know to whomever might benefit from the knowledge/mistakes/experience(s) that I have gathered over the years.

I'm the first to admit that I'm no expert - but what I do know is available to anyone. :mrgreen:I just like to make sure it's the right advice before I spout off.

huntwriter
07-31-2008, 10:47 AM
There are also a lot of hunters that are not exclusively bowhunters but use bows as well as rifles and, or muzzleloaders. I am one of these hunters who use many different hunting methods but happend to have a special liking for bowhunting. But I will take whatever tool, including crossbows, is legal to hunt. Heck, in Texas I hunted with handguns too, talk about a fun experience.

J_T
07-31-2008, 12:25 PM
It's my impression that there are a lot of archers here on HBC - Cross bow-ers, Traditional, and Compound. It's also my feeling that most are not talking about it because of a "fear" of critisism from some of the more outspoken archers. :frown:While I agree in part BW, my read and from some of the PM's and emails I receive, expressing one's interest in archery does not come with fear of repercussion from other archers, but rather from the beating bowhunters take on this site from people who don't respect bowhunting.

Huntwriter, the TBBC is a special interest group of bowhunters whose focus is youth and conservation. With a membership in the TBBC you receive four quarterly issues of "Off the Shelf". PM me with your email, if you want a pdf copy.

The UBBC is a group that was formed at the request of Government to provide a united voice for bowhunting opportunity in BC. The UBBC represent all legal archery tackle in BC. The formation of the UBBC was carried out in agreement with the TBBC and BCAA.

The TBBC do hold a once a year 3D Championship/Rendezvous, but seldom do they hold regional shoots.

The UBBC spawned in cooperation with the BCAA and TBBC, agreed not to hold shoots that would detract from the memberships of the two other organizations.

The focus of the UBBC is collaborative representation of bowhunting.

I believe Greybark attempted to have you attend the late season whitetail hunt in Reg 8 a couple of years ago. A banquet with near 70 bowhunters is the height of the hunt.

Hope that adds to you collection of information.

huntwriter
07-31-2008, 03:39 PM
Huntwriter, the TBBC is a special interest group of bowhunters whose focus is youth and conservation. With a membership in the TBBC you receive four quarterly issues of "Off the Shelf". PM me with your email, if you want a pdf copy.

The UBBC is a group that was formed at the request of Government to provide a united voice for bowhunting opportunity in BC. The UBBC represent all legal archery tackle in BC. The formation of the UBBC was carried out in agreement with the TBBC and BCAA.

The TBBC do hold a once a year 3D Championship/Rendezvous, but seldom do they hold regional shoots.

The UBBC spawned in cooperation with the BCAA and TBBC, agreed not to hold shoots that would detract from the memberships of the two other organizations.

The focus of the UBBC is collaborative representation of bowhunting.

I believe Greybark attempted to have you attend the late season whitetail hunt in Reg 8 a couple of years ago. A banquet with near 70 bowhunters is the height of the hunt.

Hope that adds to you collection of information.

Thanks for the additional info J_T

You’re right Greybark did invite me to a late season hunt and banquet following that hunt. Unfortunately the timing was not in my favor. However I have not forgotten and feel honored.

If the invitation is still open I would be more than happy to attend this year. Since then I have written three new seminars just for bowhunters that have become very successful and I am sure would be of great interest for B.C. bowhunters too.

Avalanche123
07-31-2008, 04:12 PM
Huntwriter, your concerns are valid. Are you a bowhunter?

huntwriter
07-31-2008, 06:04 PM
Huntwriter, your concerns are valid. Are you a bowhunter?

Lets put it this way. About 50% of my hunting is done with archery equipment. The rest is rifle, shotgun and muzzleloader. Personally I do not like to pigeonhole myself or limit myself by disregarding all the other options available. I simply like to hunt, with what I hunt doesn’t really matter to me, even if I do prefer archery tackle, including crossbow.:smile:

In my opinion, subscribing to all the different methods makes hunting interesting and opens more options. It also makes for open mindedness and gives an understanding of others and their special challenges.

Avalanche123
07-31-2008, 08:44 PM
Well on my part I prefer the additional challenge bow hunting offers. Sure I can grab my 30.06 or my new 45-70 guide gun but hunting is about that for me right now.

I don't feel pigeonholed, I feel "enlightened" from the experiences bow hunting as provided me with. I concur about the benefits of being open minded.

Hopefully you'll join the ranks or TBBC, UBBC or both. Sounds like you'd be a great addition to worthy organizations.

FullDraw
07-31-2008, 09:46 PM
Me to! both clubs.

huntwriter
07-31-2008, 10:02 PM
Well on my part I prefer the additional challenge bow hunting offers. Sure I can grab my 30.06 or my new 45-70 guide gun but hunting is about that for me right now.

I don't feel pigeonholed, I feel "enlightened" from the experiences bow hunting as provided me with. I concur about the benefits of being open minded.

Hopefully you'll join the ranks or TBBC, UBBC or both. Sounds like you'd be a great addition to worthy organizations.

That is the beauty of hunting. There are so many methods available that cater to different tastes. It truly is to each his/her own and that I find just wonderful.

Thanks for the kind words I’ll give it my consideration.

The Hermit
07-31-2008, 11:23 PM
Got the PM Huntwriter. Perhaps you could be a little more specific about the information you would like to receive... what are your concerns?

huntwriter
08-01-2008, 10:03 AM
Got the PM Huntwriter. Perhaps you could be a little more specific about the information you would like to receive... what are your concerns?

As I wrote in the PM to you, I appreciate your and willyqbc’s offer to provide me with more information. I also wrote that at the moment I am very busy with organizing and coordinate my fall seminar tour and that I need a day or two to get the questions together.;-)

You will hear from me very soon, by Monday the latest.:smile:

Perhaps I should explain briefly so I do not appear to be lazy or uncaring.

After many years of hard work I am on the verge of earning a living of hunting. It’s a very though and competitive business to be in. In the meantime I still have to keep a normal 8-hour job to make ends meet. Before going to work and after I come home from work and on weekends I work on my second career, writing articles and for my various hunting related Internet outlets, negotiating with business people in the hunting industry, answering on average 50 emails per day, meeting with people and on and on the list goes. I am a one man operation.This often takes me way past midnight. If I am lucky I get three to four hours sleep. Between all of this I need to spend time with my family, do some fishing, scouting and hunting too.

I am not complaining, In fact I enjoy it. I also know that this work overload is only temporarily during my transition period. So if I ask somebody to give me a bit time to answer back I do this not because I don’t care but because I have a mile long list on my desk of “must do” things. Once I am ready I will give the subject my full and undivided attention. Doing it any other way would be rude and disrespectful to the person/s involved.

Kody94
08-01-2008, 10:31 AM
I am curious if most of you belong to one of these organizations or both?

Both.

Cheers,
4ster

Avalanche123
08-01-2008, 05:49 PM
So today and I am doing my banking and noticed that the cheques I sent into to both TTBC and UBBC were for the wrong account and that it doesn't exist today,,,sheesh!

Time to fire off a few emails and explain my mistake. More cheques on the way next week.

gitnadoix
08-01-2008, 10:01 PM
Was in both, did the 5 year UBBC, and forgot to do the TBBC this spring this has jogged my memory.......with all the jogging it gets you would think it would be in better shape....time to rectify the TBBC thing

Onesock
08-05-2008, 11:00 AM
Huntwriter- I am interested in your seminars. What do you cover in these seminars and what locations are you hosting them at?

Avalanche123
08-05-2008, 12:07 PM
I am interested also. I do periodically travel south and if the timing was right, I would attend one.