PDA

View Full Version : Long weekend plans??

Leaseman
07-30-2008, 07:41 AM
What is everyones long weekend plans..... Funny to listen to a lot of people down here in the LML... complaining that their weekend is wrecked as the sockeyes are closing tonight....

Since my recovery is going pretty good from my operation, I plan to take a couple of groups of buddies (and son of course!) out for a few days of sturgeon fishing.... might even head up river and do some bar fishing for springs....

Sounds like the weather is going to participate (not too hot!), so it should be fun!

Where are the rest of you going to go and do???

Mike

Wildman
07-30-2008, 08:01 AM
Working now...just found out, because of that darned rock slide on the sea to sky, I now have to wait a few days until that opens before I can get my guys out to camp. Damit!

Sitkaspruce
07-30-2008, 08:04 AM
My weekend starts tomorrow.......Winter Harbour, Port hardy, Winter Harbour, Winter Harbour, salmon fishing all weekend, If the wind gods will let me:biggrin:. Also have a charter on Monday.

Have a great long weekend everyone and good luck to those who get out.

Cheers

SS

358win
07-30-2008, 11:41 AM
I couldn't get a campsite at St. Mary's lake Saltspring to go Bass fishn so I guess I'll just hit Quenelle lake Cedar all weekend.:???:

Poguebilt
07-30-2008, 11:44 AM
I think im going to start to paint the outside of my house.... yay me! :roll:

Gnarly
07-30-2008, 11:47 AM
Think I'll hang out at the forestry base in Hay River for a while longer, should be lots of new starts this weekend, lots of hours to fly and maintenance to be done.
gotta pay for that September elk trip with Kevin somehow.

Hagen
07-30-2008, 11:51 AM

yeah right, youve been saying that since last june!

BigBanger
07-30-2008, 12:22 PM
Im gonna get drunk sitting in some water some where without the ball and chain for once ..... I hope .

brian
07-30-2008, 12:27 PM
I'm taking a few extra days off and Heading out for some back country hiking and camping. I'm planning to get a bit of scouting in on the way.

MIL720
07-30-2008, 03:36 PM
Gonna go get bombed and play some ball in Blue River.....Yeeee Haw

Poguebilt
07-30-2008, 03:52 PM

yeah right, youve been saying that since last june!

better than camping with my sister for the longweekend! :eek::oops::shock:

mark
07-30-2008, 05:40 PM
better than camping with my sister for the longweekend! :eek::oops::shock:

You could come and do my yardwork, and Ill go camping with your sister :lol:

srupp
07-30-2008, 05:49 PM
hmmm work...:roll:..and keep on trying to find transportation in to Kwatna for my Grizzly hunt in Oct....

Steven

browningboy
07-30-2008, 05:51 PM
Off to North Barrier Lake tommorow at 3, should be good, lay around and have some gibsons.

BiG Boar
07-30-2008, 05:55 PM
Long weekend? Unfortunatley since I work with a US based company I dont get a day off!!!! On the other hand I am in California for last week and next on my honeymoon! However I still get to work as I work online. What a terrible employer I have! Making me work on my honeymoon! However I have just convinced her instead of heading to europe next month, for honeymoon part 2, to plan an african safari and go harvest a bunch of different species with her!!!! I am stoked! However no long weekend, grrrrrrr!

srupp
07-30-2008, 07:05 PM
still an open place on my sheep hunt...Dave ....

Steven

Big Daddy Ryan
07-30-2008, 07:13 PM
Metting up with my brother at Big Bar Lake for some camping and trout fishing, mostly just looking forward to getting away from Kelowna for a few days...

Kechika
07-30-2008, 07:15 PM
Serving part of my sentance:mad:

frenchbar
07-30-2008, 07:20 PM
Camping n scouting for Muleys.

anglo-saxon
07-31-2008, 09:17 AM
Shooting at the range Fri. Boating Sat (after I've finished builiding th dog run). Hiking Sunday. Victoria Monday for the festivities.

Or....my wife could put her back out while cleaning the bath on Sat morning and I could play nurse maid for the entire weekend (with a pause for a few hours in Emergency, of course!).:?

Not her fault, but it sure made for a frustrating w/e with that gorgeous weather outside calling to me!

abbyfireguy
07-31-2008, 01:44 PM
Working Friday dayshift and Saturday and Sunday nightshift...Nice long weekend...But ,after Sunday night I'm on holidays till October 19th...Yippee...!!!!
Lookout moose and salmon, I plan on enjoying my holidays outdoors..

Poguebilt
07-31-2008, 01:57 PM
gotta love firefighter vactions! :smile:

Brambles
07-31-2008, 03:03 PM
Serving part of my sentance:mad:

That sounds like there's a story attached:shock: did someone have a little too much fun one evening:-P

wildman 22
07-31-2008, 07:57 PM
I'll Try Fishing With The Kids For A While And Then I'll Go Find All The Big Sheds Mark Didn't Find,or At Least The Little Ones He Didn't Want .

bwerb
07-31-2008, 08:10 PM
BBQ with the PM and my boys on Sunday...too cool!

07-31-2008, 08:18 PM
Muchalat Lake, Gold River. Big cutthroat and sockeye all weekend, quad riding with my 15 month old hunting partner.!!

mountainman
08-01-2008, 07:49 AM
hmmm work...:roll:..and keep on trying to find transportation in to Kwatna for my Grizzly hunt in Oct....

Steven

Maybe we should talk about this :-) you know we never really talked about that sheep hunt your going on also!!
Me this weekednd I am on call so have to stay in phone service :x

Good to hear your getting better Mike, make sure you get some pictures of them dinos!! Would love to get back out there for a weekend of dinos with you!!!

srupp
08-01-2008, 09:33 AM
Hi JOE...ya really bummed out about Kwatna..best coho fishing in bc AND HALIBUT AND biggest bears in bc..this is my LAST Kwatna entry for myself after winning it 5x I am prepared to let others hunt it of course if someone like say GATEHOUSE or Ruttinbuck wins it I could always be tempted to go along as "dishwasher and camp cook "also EXELLENT CRABBING RIGHT there..but I will no longer put in for Kwatna..hope you enjoy your weekend..I found 500 hooks for sockeye in my collection will send you some...

cheers

Steven

Leaseman
08-04-2008, 05:31 AM
Hey Joe....

Let me know if you are coming this way!! Will get you out for sure!!

The dino fishing has been fairly good this weekend... my son got a 6 footer all by himself as our biggest on the first day (several nice fish to the boat!!) and my buddy got several nice one the next, biggest being 5+ feet... fish are turning to chunks now and putting up a hell of a show!!

Third day was more cruising and salmon fishing (lost 3...:wink:) but witnessed no less that 4 dinos over 7-8 foot range fought and landed.... man, what a weekend! Still no fishing for me....yet.... another 3-4 weeks then I can get back into it!!!

On a side not, those of you that kbow Island 22 launch.... we got there late, around 7:30ish, we were the 5th truck in the parking lot....were has everyone gone???

Mike

mountainman
08-04-2008, 09:02 AM
That is cool Mike, I will definately let you know if I get down that way. By the time your back fishing those dinos should be about 10lbs heavier and realy ready to give you a fight.