PDA

View Full Version : 3-46 bull leh

smeegle
07-28-2008, 08:12 PM
Hello everyone...

well unfortunately i do not get on here much as i am very busy with work (gotta pay for university somehow:?), but i was just curious as to if anyone has experience with 3-46 wells grey provincial park area or the clearwater area. My father and i were drawn for moose in that area and being from the island we do not have to luxury of time to come up and do a bunch of scouting due to conflicting schedules. I was just curious as to what the moose populations are around here and if anyone has any advice, tips, suggestions it would all be greatly appreciated.

smeegle

Jelvis
07-28-2008, 08:52 PM
Whats the date you can hunt in 3-46? and when do you plan on hunting? Good area for moose still.
Main access road into 3-46 is from Clearwater. Clearwater Lake can be driven to until the heavy snow arrives. Late season best moose hunting from this road. Usually open up to the Murtle River. Some mule deer too.
I'm a little leary of pm's for now cuz of the recent problems with the hacker. Sorry smeeg. Jel.

butcher
07-28-2008, 09:05 PM
Sorry Jelvis but your info is a little out dated. 3-46 is a tough draw unless you got the late draw, lots of snow and horseshoes jammed waaaay up your rectum. Gotta be 400 m off the main road to hunt so that pretty much leaves the stillwater trail for you and the other 40 guys who have the same draw.

If you have the October draw, read Stonechaser's sig line.

smeegle
07-28-2008, 09:19 PM
our dates are goin from nov 1-30th

butcher
07-28-2008, 09:28 PM
Then wait as late as you can, hopefully get snow, and hunt off the Stillwater road. It's unmarked but but turn right off the main park road just past the employee's residence. (If you pass a chain link enclosure you're going the right way) It's a few km's in and narrow and rough but it's exempt from the 400 m closure and there are some moose in there.

oh, and don't forget your horseshoes, you'll need them

Jelvis
07-28-2008, 09:31 PM
nov 1-30 would be late season. no doubt but 3-46 starts in not too far from Clearwater so google and recreational map the area. Hemp Creek, Green mtn. check it out for boundaries.
Jel-try-it-you-might-like-it---one amigo what about ze udders? Anybody else going to tryin help a fellow hunter?

Bigbear
07-28-2008, 09:50 PM
You Can Hunt Off Mahood Lake . side. You come in from 100 Mile Past Canim Lake. BBBBBBiig Bulls .

smeegle
07-28-2008, 11:08 PM
we will most likely be coming up for my uvic reading break which im guessing will be in the middle of november... but hunting is hunting sometimes you get them sometimes you dont... ill be happy just getting out with my dad and not worrying about studying for exams for a week. we will be bringing our double kayak up with us so hopefully if the lakes dont freeze up we can access some more area and if the moose conditions arent favourable we can always turn to some muleys. i will be doing some more research on the area and hopfully ill be asking more specific questions. but anyways i have to go gotta scout a potentail archery buck honeyhole for opening day. thanks for all the information and im sure ill be coming back for more:smile:

SUAFOYT
07-29-2008, 06:04 PM
If you have access to a boat the top of Clearwater Lake could be a possibility. I've called a couple right into the river at that point but only during the rut. Another spot to try would be around Deer Creek area off the main road. There's a large open area across the river along there and someone with patience could get lucky. There's a pull out on the hill just before Corral Road on the main road that looks across to Green Mountain. With the leaves off we have seen moose bedded on that side hill. There's an old trail on your left just over the creek at the bottom of that hill that could give you access if you see something.