PDA

View Full Version : Lets dream a little!

mark
07-26-2008, 11:31 AM
Lets suppose, we had the entire hunting season off work (and paid of course :razz:). Wife, kids, family, bills and money are no issue. You want to hunt the entire BC GOS aug. 1 to dec.10. No guided hunts or draws what would your hunt itinerary look like????
-I suppose most of us would start chasing stones in aug.
-Maybe pick up a nice caribou along the way!
-Sept. would definately be a mix of alpine muley hunting as well alot of archery elk hunting (my favorite month for sure)
-Early oct. would be grunting in swamp donkeys, maybe archery to up the challenge a bit!
-Maybe toss in a goat hunt if all above tags are cut???
-By late oct. its time to get serious about big muleys!!!!
-Entire month of Nov. pounding tons of ground in search of the dream buck, of course packing a whitey tag (just incase ones invisibility sheild stops working momentarily :smile:.)
-Id also take advantage of the late archery seasons if any tags are left over.

Oh to dream! What would your Dream fall Itinerary look like????

Kechika
07-26-2008, 11:43 AM
I want to follow the route the likes of Jack O'connor took in the early years.Leave with a string of 20 or so horses from Hudson Hope and make my way up to the Prophet/Besa.Trips back then were something like 60 days.From what I've read up to halve of that was for travel.

daycort
07-26-2008, 11:51 AM
mark,

my hunt would look alot like yours. except I would be doing my elk and deer hunting here in the peace.

Kechika
07-26-2008, 11:57 AM
mark,

my hunt would look alot like yours. except I would be doing my elk and deer hunting here in the peace.

Theres no Elk in the Peace;)

Brambles
07-26-2008, 12:05 PM
Lets suppose, we had the entire hunting season off work (and paid of course :razz:). Wife, kids, family, bills and money are no issue. You want to hunt the entire BC GOS aug. 1 to dec.10. No guided hunts or draws what would your hunt itinerary look like????
-I suppose most of us would start chasing stones in aug.
-Maybe pick up a nice caribou along the way!
-Sept. would definately be a mix of alpine muley hunting as well alot of archery elk hunting (my favorite month for sure)
-Early oct. would be grunting in swamp donkeys, maybe archery to up the challenge a bit!
-Maybe toss in a goat hunt if all above tags are cut???
-By late oct. its time to get serious about big muleys!!!!
-Entire month of Nov. pounding tons of ground in search of the dream buck, of course packing a whitey tag (just incase ones invisibility sheild stops working momentarily :smile:.)
-Id also take advantage of the late archery seasons if any tags are left over.

Oh to dream! What would your Dream fall Itinerary look like????

Well I do get most of hunting season off paid but that still doesn't leave me with enough money to pay the bills AND hunt unrestricted, but in a perfect world with no financial obligations your plan does sound pretty good. I like the part about the big mulies, I'm still trying to find mine.

338 winmag
07-26-2008, 12:30 PM
Perfect plan except u forgot some alpine late fall grizzly hunting.

daycort
07-26-2008, 12:35 PM
Theres no Elk in the Peace:wink:

Dare to dream Kechika, dare to dream.

Ambush
07-26-2008, 12:49 PM
Stay up high until a Stone is dead.

Move to the goat mountain. Kill goat.

Now two arrows are wrecked.

Kill first elk.

Get big muley in velvet.

Got an Leh for bull moose. Kill book bull.

Refill quiver!!

Back up north for hard horn muley and scout for white tail.

Kill one of each.

Queen Charlottes for Sitkas and crabs. [dungeoness]

Can I have two sheep tags? Yes!! Then, prowl the Fraser for Cali's.

AAAHHH, just another great season in beautiful, bountiful BC.

BCRiverBoater
07-26-2008, 03:11 PM
Crabs? Well you can get them in almost any drinking establishment in the province. Why go so far?

Ambush
07-26-2008, 03:22 PM
Crabs? Well you can get them in almost any drinking establishment in the province. Why go so far?

Fore saw that. I specified dungeoness crabs.http://www.huntingbc.ca/forum/images/icons/icon10.gif

srupp
07-26-2008, 03:42 PM
hmmm my ACTUAL hunt itinarythis year is..

first a 4 day high mountain Chilco lake mule deer hunt by horseback
second a 10 day hike in solo for stone sheep
third a mule deer hunt up Horsefly mtn
fourth a two week LEH moose hunt by Likely
fifth a two week coastal grizzly hunt(IF I can find a boat ride :frown: )
sixth a LEH doe deer draw..
seventh a mule deer and whitetail hunt in Northern Alberta
eighth a LEH antlerless elk hunt January..brrrrr

All are during booked and being PAID as its my accumulated holiday selections..:biggrin: I have last half of sept off and all of Oct and two weeks in November...pretty decent hunting season???

Steven

hunter1947
07-26-2008, 04:52 PM
I already had this happen to me last year .

I was hunting from Aug 23 right through till Dec and loved every moment of it http://www.huntingbc.ca/forum/images/icons/icon12.gif.

fozzy
07-26-2008, 10:33 PM
This season is going to be fun. I have 4 trips planned including a week in Sask for Whitetails. Six weeks off bettween Oct3 and Nov29 so far. Early season will be spur of the moment. :)
The real trick will be to be picky and not tag out too early.

gameslayer
07-26-2008, 11:11 PM
I already had this happen to me last year .

I was hunting from Aug 23 right through till Dec and loved every moment of it http://www.huntingbc.ca/forum/images/icons/icon12.gif.

You lucky bugger I'm glad retirment is treating you well, you are definatly an inspiration.

Mark I think I would be plenty happy with your proposel. I think I might head to yukon/ alaska for a 60 plus inch moose as well. I think we would be hard pressed to find a hunting partner that could follow that schedule unless Wayane is up to the challenge.

hunter1947
07-27-2008, 06:24 AM
You lucky bugger I'm glad retirment is treating you well, you are definatly an inspiration.

Mark I think I would be plenty happy with your proposel. I think I might head to yukon/ alaska for a 60 plus inch moose as well. I think we would be hard pressed to find a hunting partner that could follow that schedule unless Wayane is up to the challenge.
Gameslayer I deserve what I did last year at my age of retirement ,one day we all will be able to do what I did last year and the years to follow ,LOL http://www.huntingbc.ca/forum/images/icons/icon7.gif.

mark
07-27-2008, 10:48 AM
Perfect plan except u forgot some alpine late fall grizzly hunting.

Enlighten me! This can be done where????

Srupp sounds like your on yer way to a great season, im a lil jealous!

Ambush
07-27-2008, 02:33 PM
[quote=srupp;307371]hmmm my ACTUAL hunt itinarythis year is..
second a 10 day hike in solo for stone sheep

Off topic, but that's seems to be the norm here;
If possible, when your pack is at actual trailhead weight, would you weigh it minus water and weapon of choice. Stand on a scale, record weight, then dawn pack and weigh again.

Sheep season is here and it should be possible for many people to do this. Most people hoist their pack with two hands and then declare with certainty that it is XXX# of lbs.

I've trimmed as light as I can this year for a nine day hunt. I will weigh in later this week. I also have a hunting partner half my age and twice my stength!

Maybe this should be a new thread?