PDA

View Full Version : 5-13A area info

Sitkaspruce
07-14-2008, 08:04 PM
So a couple of buddy's recieved a couple of moose draws in 5-13A for Nov 01-15. They have asked me to come along to help out and be their "strong Back, weak Mind" friend:)

A couple of questions for anybody who has hunted the area.

1) is there any mule deer there to hunt? I have done a search here and found some comments to the fact that most of the deer have moved down to their winter area's by then.
2) How about whitetails? The same?
3) Any good moose numbers in that area at that time. They have a couple of friends that have hunted the area and have given them "some" tips.
4) Better to come into the area from Quesnel or off Highway 20?

Cheers

SS

palmer
07-14-2008, 08:09 PM
Hwy 20 and head north...more access to zone A....if you go from Quesnel ..take Nazko rd and go south...down Honalulu FSR and the Clisbako FSR. Just my 2cents...have hunted these area and seen lots of moose

Palmer

270WSMGB
07-14-2008, 08:17 PM
I've have had the draw in C area for the last 2 years. There is no deer there at all at that time (Not in the last 2 years anyway) Moose are plentiful, Mostly Cows though. That time of year is a good hunt. The beginning of the season is not near as fun.

Timbow
07-14-2008, 08:46 PM
If I had the moose draw I would personally hunt the north east side of that zone with a mule deer tag. South of Ramsey creek to be exact. November will likely see more cow moose than bulls, but if your friends have a bull tag they should connect.

This area is good for some decent (150-160" class) mulies. There are some whitetails, not many.

As for access, go through Quesnel as it will be faster and better roads.

Good luck.

Sitkaspruce
10-24-2008, 09:31 AM
So I am not going now, but told them I would get any new info.

How have things been this year??? Should they bring a mulie tag as well?

Any suggestions as to were to camp?? Hunt??

You can PM me with any info.

Cheers

and thanks

SS

rollover
10-26-2008, 08:49 AM
well i just came back from my moose hunting trip in 5 13 a and lots of cow moose it took us 12 days to get a bull moose we hunted very hard the olny problem they are logging every where in there so moose are hiding too many logging trucks on all the roads so good luck anyway for deer never seen any they are like ghosts in there