PDA

View Full Version : Count down to sheep season

7 mag
07-14-2008, 07:37 PM
Well it's time to get this started, Sheep season is coming up fast.
Who's all going this year, & when are you heading in?
We are booked to fly out of Muncho Aug 5th. Taking the son in law on his first north country hunt, and man is he hyped. I cant remember if i was as jacked as he is the first time i went but thats going back a ways.
Anyways, good luck to all & keep your powder dry!

riflebuilder
07-14-2008, 07:41 PM
Went last year and got rained on hard every day. Going to concentrate on Bighorns this year and head north again next year. Good luck to all that get the chance to go.

daycort
07-15-2008, 09:53 AM
I will be up on top in a week. Looking forward to this years hunt.

Bones
07-15-2008, 06:16 PM
Aug 1st-15th,gears ready,boats getting there.Looks like going to have to quit job again.Cheers Bones.

BlacktailStalker
07-15-2008, 06:23 PM
One month to go :biggrin:

Kechika
07-15-2008, 06:25 PM
I still have 2 month of waiting:(

bigwhiteys
07-15-2008, 06:26 PM
September for me!

Fisher-Dude
07-15-2008, 06:31 PM
I hope to be scopin' the bighorns in September. Some of last year's eye candy, just to get ya revved up:

http://i37.photobucket.com/albums/e70/Fisher-Dude/Hpim0235Trim.jpg

http://i37.photobucket.com/albums/e70/Fisher-Dude/Hpim0237Trim.jpg

Blainer
07-15-2008, 06:37 PM
August 15th for my draw.
Can't wait for the pictures to start coming in.
Fisher-Dude,that does get me revved up,wish I could zoom in on those photos;any legal?

Fisher-Dude
07-15-2008, 07:00 PM
Fisher-Dude,that does get me revved up,wish I could zoom in on those photos;any legal?

The one right behind the little banana, facing the same direction, is a good one. ;)

http://i37.photobucket.com/albums/e70/Fisher-Dude/Hpim0235ZoomA.jpg

boxhitch
07-15-2008, 10:17 PM
I will be up on top in a week. Looking forward to this years hunt.Really ??? In BC ?? I thought only new help was out that early :)
Aug ! for me, then 12th , then 23rd.........

ARGR
07-15-2008, 10:44 PM
Really ??? In BC ?? I thought only new help was out that early :)
Aug ! for me, then 12th , then 23rd.........

Hey if you got the vacay time, use it!!!! I would be up a week before opener if I had the time. Not this year for me. Good luck all

Deaddog
07-16-2008, 06:38 AM
Will be up north looking at stones (hopefully some sheep to!!) by the first week of aug.

Avalanche123
07-16-2008, 08:09 AM
Either mid-Sept or early last week of season in October for me. I can't quite decide yet.

Good luck to those of you heading out soon.

daycort
07-16-2008, 10:24 AM
boxhitch,

ya you are right a little early. I always just count the shfits at work I have left and that equals one. So in 13 days i will be hunting(counting days off).

daycort

bozzdrywall
07-16-2008, 10:56 AM
This is going to be my first year going after big horn got to get at least one for the wall.

Maxx
07-16-2008, 12:15 PM
Stones it is for early August, and if we do not connect it will be back up North in Mid-September to look again. Good luck to all!

Dale
07-16-2008, 04:40 PM
aug 9 for me and my brother, stones here we come!!

Kechika
07-16-2008, 04:45 PM
Stones it is for early August, and if we do not connect it will be back up North in Mid-September to look again. Good luck to all!

You will be my sherpa:wink:

Lil Buck
07-16-2008, 06:50 PM
Stones in Aug .Good luck to all.

But what do I know LB
:biggrin:

Shade Tree
07-16-2008, 07:43 PM
3rd week of Aug. plan A is still not finalized in the rockies and plan B is in the Cassiars out of Watson. Everyone have a safe trip and I hope to see some pics here BTS, whatever you have planned you have the right attitude.
There are only a hand full of people who understand what is consuming our thoughts for the next couple of weeks.

mark4
07-17-2008, 03:11 PM
Are there any first time sheep hunters here ??? wanna know the reality of sheep hunting ???? Bring on the blood, sweat, tears, bushwacking, cliff climbing, blisters, leg cramps, aching body from head to toe, bugs, and 60 pound packs. It's not for everyone and there is definitely something twisted about sheep hunting- You have to be a little mental for this one !! It is my favorite by far and I haven't even shot one- mabye this year things will go my way- and mabye they won't - oh well bring on the pain !!! LOL Good luck to all BC hunters giving it a go !!!! We are sooo lucky to have sheep hunting here in BC - why not take advantage of it ?? It's cool just trying - You'll either hate it - or you'll get hopelessly addicted- your wives will think your ready for the funny farm if you like it. The count down is definitely on !!!

kennyj
07-17-2008, 06:47 PM
I'm heading to the Tatshenshini on Aug 23rd.for 3 weeks (+1 more if needed).Its taken 12 + years to draw this tag,I hope to use it.
Kenny

Avalanche123
07-17-2008, 08:50 PM
I'm heading to the Tatshenshini on Aug 23rd.for 3 weeks (+1 more if needed).Its taken 12 + years to draw this tag,I hope to use it.
Kenny

Incredible area! Very coastal and the weather can be miserable. That said, happy hunting and good luck.

Everett
07-17-2008, 09:58 PM
The wife and I are headed to 6-25 for caribou and sheep on aug 16 more interested in caribou but see how fast I change animals if I see a :grin: sheep:grin: I have a griz tag as well just as insurance I told the wife:evil:.

Deaddog
07-18-2008, 07:01 AM
If you are coming thru or live around Prince George, don't forget The WSSBC is proud to host the 2nd Annual "Northern Region Get-Together" for members or those interested in the Wild Sheep Society to reconnect with old friends, meet new sheep enthusiasts, and swap stories. The timing of this event has been strategically selected to capture many of you that will be heading north into the mountains for August 1st. This year's social will be held at our local fish and game club's log clubhouse situated on the Nechako River and will include a BBQ. New memberships will be available at the event - bring a friend!
Location: Spruce City Wildlife Resource Centre (www.scwa.bc.ca (http://www.scwa.bc.ca/)), 1384 River Rd., Prince George, BC
Date/Time: Saturday July 26th, 4pm

http://www.huntingbc.ca/forum/images/misc/progress.gif

scoot
07-19-2008, 01:14 PM
First sheep hunt for me. Was headed in on august 29th, now changed to Sept 2. Hope all goes well.

Deadshot
07-19-2008, 08:26 PM
Heading up north for the opener.
Going into a new spot this year, so the fingers are crossed & we've prepared for the worst.
Kechika, your avatar cracks me up! A real full curl you could say!
Have any of the sheep gurus tried to count the rings I wonder!:eek:

Fisher-Dude
07-19-2008, 09:26 PM
Kechika, your avatar cracks me up! A real full curl you could say! Have any of the sheep gurus tried to count the rings I wonder!:eek:

Trust me, he's an immature ram.

Kitimat Killer
07-20-2008, 12:01 AM
well guys does not look like im not going to make it this year for sheep that really sucks the big one but i hope to see lots of pics and all the best luck to you guys getting to go
kk

Stone Sheep Steve
07-20-2008, 06:40 AM
well guys does not look like im not going to make it this year for sheep that really sucks the big one but i hope to see lots of pics and all the best luck to you guys getting to go
kk

Well considering the year you had last year KK, it certainly will be a little less painful to sit this one out8).

SSS

mark4
07-20-2008, 10:30 AM
Yes Kitimat Killer - I wouldn't feel too bad after last year you lucky bugger lol. If I ever got a bighorn like that in my lifetime I would be thrilled, plus you got an awesome stone sheep too wow- your still smiling about it I bet.

358mag
07-20-2008, 11:38 AM
let the countdown start Sep1 for me LEH caliy bighorn
Next year 21 day Stone's sheep hunt

Kitimat Killer
07-20-2008, 02:23 PM
Yes Kitimat Killer - I wouldn't feel too bad after last year you lucky bugger lol. If I ever got a bighorn like that in my lifetime I would be thrilled, plus you got an awesome stone sheep too wow- your still smiling about it I bet.

oh ya im still in awww from last year but thats not the thing you know when you get the bug you just have to go back up there and try there's something about it and all you sheep hunters know what im talking about even if you don't get one.

Rattler
07-22-2008, 08:41 PM
First time poster...long time viewer. Second year in a row not sheep hunting for me....just painful! Hopefully things will work out for next year. I will have to make due with bow hunting elk and chasing Mule deer in the alpine.

Kody94
07-22-2008, 08:56 PM
I am OUT for this year. Injury will never heal in time. Hopefully can salvage a bit of the sheep season and hunt bighorns locally. At the rate its healing and the stories I hear about long term care required on burns covering joints....even that's not certain.

One sad dude...

4ster

Gateholio
07-22-2008, 10:06 PM
I am OUT for this year. Injury will never heal in time. Hopefully can salvage a bit of the sheep season and hunt bighorns locally. At the rate its healing and the stories I hear about long term care required on burns covering joints....even that's not certain.

One sad dude...

4ster

That's just...well, it's the shits...

Probably the smart thing to do, though. Better to miss a season than miss many in the future, due to complications.

what about the rest of the season (elk/deer)? Will you be forced to be a dedicated road hunter?

:sad:

Brambles
07-22-2008, 10:29 PM
First time poster...long time viewer. Second year in a row not sheep hunting for me....just painful! Hopefully things will work out for next year. I will have to make due with bow hunting elk and chasing Mule deer in the alpine.

Welcome aboard Rattler, nice ram in your avatar

BCrams
07-22-2008, 10:55 PM

Welcome to the forum! Thats a dandy ram!

Stone Sheep Steve
07-23-2008, 06:20 AM
Yes, Welcome Rattler!

Something about that ram look familiar.

SSS

Kody94
07-23-2008, 08:18 AM
That's just...well, it's the shits...

Probably the smart thing to do, though. Better to miss a season than miss many in the future, due to complications.

what about the rest of the season (elk/deer)? Will you be forced to be a dedicated road hunter?

:sad:

Gonna have to play it by ear. I will be a dedicated road hunter if I have to be though! Not hunting is not an option. :) Maybe F-D will give me some tips when he is out this way. :)

Looking at all this awesome new backpacking gear is fricken killing me though! :)

Cheers,
4ster

Fisher-Dude
07-23-2008, 08:25 AM
Gonna have to play it by ear. I will be a dedicated road hunter if I have to be though! Not hunting is not an option. :) Maybe F-D will give me some tips when he is out this way. :)

Looking at all this awesome new backpacking gear is fricken killing me though! :)

Cheers,
4ster

Not a problem 4ster! I'll give you some useful tips, like fold up the rearview mirror so it doesn't block your view, and other gems! Heard from a "reliable source" :wink: about a nice full curl ram standing beside the road the other day. There's hope yet!

Orangethunder
07-23-2008, 10:17 AM
No North trip for me this year. I will try for a Cali and see how that goes. Next year is another 14 dayer come hell or high water, something I have to do for a friend.

Bones, good luck up there. Let me know how it goes and I want to see all the pics when your back.

Good luck to all you lucky buggers that are already there and those on your way. I'll trade you guys reno pics for sheep pics...:frown:

BCRiverBoater
07-23-2008, 05:25 PM
Best I can hope for is an early October hunt. But have the last 10 days of the season for it so may work out alright.