PDA

View Full Version : Princeton Muley's - MU 8-06

Little Hawk
07-14-2008, 05:58 PM
Howdy,

Was hoping someone might be able to tell me a good camping spot just north of Princeton.

We like camping on lakes or river.

Last year we hunted across the highway from my buddie's buddies' ranch which is located about 14km north of Princeton on Hwy 5A. His buddie's ranch is on the 8-05 side of the hwy and we pulled the old motorhome up beside his barn and that was base-camp. Not really my idea of huntin', so this year we want to get into the bush to camp; we both ride dirt-bikes (quiet 4-strokes). We put a lot miles on the bikes last year sometimes riding 25 or 30 km out; we didn't see one lake or river to speak of.

Any advise of a good spot on a lake (even a small one) or river would be greatly appreciated.

We'll be up there on the weekend of Sept 27th. and plan to stay a week or so. Shot a nice fork muley there last year.

Thanks in advance.

Cheers,
Terry

martyonthewater
07-14-2008, 06:56 PM
buck lake in the north central area of 8-6 is a real gem, pretty heavily hunted and I've heard they logged the hell out of that area this year but it sure is a pretty lake. take the dillard-loon fsr off 5a then head inland past ketchan lake rd to shrimpton fsr, follow shrimpton to buck

Little Hawk
07-15-2008, 05:43 AM
Thanks Marty,

I'm gonna' check it out. I'll see if the lake and or any of the FSR's you mentioned are on a map.

Really appreciate the tip.

Cheers,
Terry

Iron-Head
07-15-2008, 02:28 PM
Buck lake is a gong show in the fall.. PM me if you would like some info on quieter places around there.

slowkey
07-15-2008, 02:54 PM
If you don't have a big need for water which it doesn't sound like with a motor home. Then I'd just find a nice spot anywhere along any of the fsr's around there. Buck lake is a good reference point because it is about 1400m, where as the north end of Mizzula (which you'll pass) is about 1000m.
Oct 1 - 20 is a gong show in that whole area with a lot of road hunters. I noticed last yr some of the little branch roads to the smaller cuts are being dug up so maybe it might start quiting down?

okanagan
07-15-2008, 03:02 PM
Off the Summerland Princeton Rd their are some nice lakeside forestry camp sites. ( I think thay may be in 8-8 thoe)

Little Hawk
07-16-2008, 06:28 AM
Thanks to all! No decision yet.

Cheers,
Terry

hunter1947
07-17-2008, 04:21 AM
When you get into Princeton don't go across the main Similkameen hi way bridge ,keep on the other side of the river ,then head down the road called the old headly road ,this road follows the river down almost to headly.

There are a handful of campsites along the river on this road ,get a map and you will see what I am talking about.