PDA

View Full Version : LEH group hunt question

Crazy_Farmer
07-14-2008, 03:22 PM
I know this is probably a dumb question with a very simple easy answer but I dont have this years leh book so I couldnt read up on the rule to make sure.

If you put in for a group hunt, 3 guys, and only one guy gets the confirmation letter with his name on it. Is he the only one who's allowed to buy a tag and shoot?

I found this on another thread but just wanted to make sure I'm not mis-reading it. Becuase how I read this is all the hunters get an authorization when both me and my dad both got letters saying nil on my sheep and his deer but only my brother got one saying he got a bull moose one.

"5. HOW GROUP APPLICATIONS ARE HANDLED IN THE DRAW
Throughout the above process, in all of the three passes through the file of applications, Group Applications are
treated exactly as an individual application. In other words, only one random number is assigned for a group. If
any member of the group is ‘flagged’ as previously successful, then the entire group is treated as ‘flagged’. If the group is drawn, then all members of the group receive authorizations to hunt. However, if the computer looks at a group application and there are too few authorizations still available for the hunt of choice to give each member of
the group an authorization, then the entire group is passed over and not assigned any authorizations.

Thanks for the help

Stone Sheep Steve
07-14-2008, 03:30 PM
If it was a "Group Hunt" that you applied for then all of you should get conformation in the mail. You would all be entitled to buy a tag and shoot an animal that you have authorization for.

SSS

Crazy_Farmer
07-14-2008, 03:36 PM
Yea thats what I'm just not understanding, I did a single draw for a sheep, on the internet and mail got a letter just saying nil, my dad did a group for all three of us for deer, he got a letter saying nil, and then my brothers I didnt check his number on the internet because I figured if I got nothing then we all must have not, then he got a letter in the mail saying he got his moose draw. I guess I should phone in and clarify but to me in my letter it should of said moose draw then too.

Stone Sheep Steve
07-14-2008, 03:37 PM
Definitely worth a call.

SSS

jml11
07-14-2008, 03:46 PM
Caution, the moose group hunt is actually called a "shared hunt" and is treated differently than a "group" hunt. If one of you was drawn then the "group" is entitled to share the tags. This means that if your group of 3 was drawn you are entitled to two tags only. Doesn't matter which of the three take the animals, but once you have filled the two tags your hunt is over. The shared hunt authorizations typically come seperate from single or nil letters.

If it turns out only your brother was drawn then there might have been something wrong with your application and your group hunt was broken up. All of you would be entered as single enteries. If your letter says nil for moose, this is the case.

I think I would call though...

Crazy_Farmer
07-14-2008, 03:49 PM
I just phoned and talked. We screw up with the letters anyways so owell. Atleast my brother can get one.