PDA

View Full Version : MU 6-02 zoneB

Kevin1
07-12-2008, 10:25 PM
Hello board:
Is here anybody knows how to access 6-02 B which north Tweedsmuir provincial park? I got a moose draw over there, however it seems that there is no land access.
Muchly appreciate your info.
TIA
Kevin

Aaron Blom
07-13-2008, 12:37 PM
Well I have worked in that area for a few years. There is only one way to access it by land and I don't believe the barge will be running this fall so boat access is your only option. There is a private barge however I believe the guide may have an exclusive deal with the operator. The narrows between Tetachuck and Eutsuk Lakes is a great location to start, bring a fishing rod as it is really good fishing in there in the fall 10 + lbs rainbow. I know another guy who got a draw in that area this year so there should be a few others going in there but not many. Good Luck.

Gamebuster
07-13-2008, 04:23 PM
you must have known there was no easy access when you applied didn't ya?

Kevin1
07-13-2008, 07:09 PM
Well I have worked in that area for a few years. There is only one way to access it by land and I don't believe the barge will be running this fall so boat access is your only option. There is a private barge however I believe the guide may have an exclusive deal with the operator. The narrows between Tetachuck and Eutsuk Lakes is a great location to start, bring a fishing rod as it is really good fishing in there in the fall 10 + lbs rainbow. I know another guy who got a draw in that area this year so there should be a few others going in there but not many. Good Luck.
Thanks a lot Aaron, very useful info. Just got a boat. How about approach this area from north, I mean ootsa lake. I still can't find any road access to the narrows you mentioned.
Appreciate your reply
kevin

Avalanche123
07-13-2008, 07:14 PM
What I remember of Ootsa lake is that it can blow up very quickly so its best you have a sizable boat or plan your travel times accordingly. Since these lakes were flooded, I recall there can be alot of deadheads and longer stretches of shoreline inaccessible due to dead trees.

Good luck with your draw.

Kevin1
07-13-2008, 07:17 PM
you must have known there was no easy access when you applied didn't ya?
Yes, I, or we did know. We handed in a few LEH applications, only got this one.

Kevin1
07-13-2008, 07:26 PM
What I remember of Ootsa lake is that it can blow up very quickly so its best you have a sizable boat or plan your travel times accordingly. Since these lakes were flooded, I recall there can be alot of deadheads and longer stretches of shoreline inaccessible due to dead trees.

Good luck with your draw.
Thank you very much. How is weather over there in Sept? What I learnt was that it could be like what you said in May, but I dont know what it is like in Sept. tried to figure this out on internet but have got any info, do you have any ideas? I just got a 12' boat with a 9.9HP motor, will this do?

Thanks a million for your info.
Kevin

Avalanche123
07-13-2008, 07:32 PM
Kevin,

It has been years since I was that way and I am by no means an authority on that area. I am sure there are a few on HBC that can be of way more help than me.

I crossed Ootsa lake in a boat of similar size however it was later in the afternoon and it was dead calm. It took a long time to cross and I never thought about the engine quitting....

IMHO I think you'd be better off with a much larger boat and I think you have to travel a fairly considerable distance. Did you check google earth?

Hopefully someone else will pipe up and help you out. Please don't base a lot of weight on my attempt at being helpful as my familiarity for that area is very limited.

Kevin1
07-13-2008, 07:54 PM
Kevin,

It has been years since I was that way and I am by no means an authority on that area. I am sure there are a few on HBC that can be of way more help than me.

I crossed Ootsa lake in a boat of similar size however it was later in the afternoon and it was dead calm. It took a long time to cross and I never thought about the engine quitting....

IMHO I think you'd be better off with a much larger boat and I think you have to travel a fairly considerable distance. Did you check google earth?

Hopefully someone else will pipe up and help you out. Please don't base a lot of weight on my attempt at being helpful as my familiarity for that area is very limited.
Yes, I checked the google map and there were 2 boat launch spots on north bank of ootsa and it will travel about 5km, kinda tough. my knowledge about there is zero, but still have 2 months to prepare. You've given a lot more than I have, thank you Avalanche

Avalanche123
07-13-2008, 08:01 PM
Well...glad to be of some help.

A fellow by the name of Trigger hangs on this board. He is likely way more knowledgeable about this area. Why not PM him and mention to him that I recommended him to you.

I believe he has a post on this board now called Call On the Wild...

Good luck.

grizzly_taker
07-13-2008, 09:34 PM
kevin, I worked over there for years and shot lots of moose over there PM me and I'll give ya the info and contacts that might help you. West fraser is done logging over there and they owned the barge, it was operated by Ambroy logging from Fraser Lake. Hunting is still very good, bring a deer tag along some huge bucks over there.