PDA

View Full Version : Bowtech Allegiance

NaStY
07-11-2008, 10:11 PM
So i finally broke down and bought a bow. Did the deal with 'Big game archery'.
Wayne was great to deal with and i cant wait to try it out. I just hope my body can do it :eek:

I could use some advice on what kind of arrows I should shoot ? As a matter of fact i could use alot of advice in the whole thing. I will be using 'montec' broad heads for hunting and he is selling me 'gold tip' arrows. From what i understand there are many differences in the type and quality out there.

I plan on starting at 60lbs draw and the length will be set for me as well.

So as i said, any advice would be welcome.......:biggrin:

Bow Walker
07-12-2008, 09:14 AM
So i finally broke down and bought a bow. Did the deal with 'Big game archery'.
Wayne was great to deal with and i cant wait to try it out. I just hope my body can do it :eek:

I could use some advice on what kind of arrows I should shoot ? As a matter of fact i could use alot of advice in the whole thing. I will be using 'montec' broad heads for hunting and he is selling me 'gold tip' arrows. From what i understand there are many differences in the type and quality out there.

I plan on starting at 60lbs draw and the length will be set for me as well.

So as i said, any advice would be welcome.......:biggrin:

What's the length of the arrows? It sounds like GT's 5575 arrow shafts would be a good fit for you. Especially with the 100 grain heads. I shoot 60 lbs @ 27 3/8" and can get away with the lighter 3555 shafts because I cut them shorter. But. Lighter is not always better - given what you sacrifice in KE.

BTW....where are you? If you want - we coud meet somewhere and do some shooting/tuning.

Also.................nice bow!

NaStY
07-12-2008, 09:33 AM
I don't get the bow for a couple days so am not sure what length the arrows will be. Wayne is setting it all up for me (apparently it takes time :roll:) lol.

I live in abbotsford so a trip to the island would be a little costly for me at this point (assuming you are in 1-2). I really appreciate the offer though.

Bow Walker
07-13-2008, 07:34 PM
Too bad, I like introducing people to the "sport". Maybe you'll get to a shoot on the Island - or I;ll get to one over there.