PDA

View Full Version : Twassen for springs

ex bc guide
07-11-2008, 09:44 AM
Anyone been out in front of the coal port trying there luck for springs? If so how has it been? I am headed out there tomorrow hopefully will be able to tie into the first spring of the year.

lip_ripper00
07-11-2008, 12:32 PM
Their adding a 3rd dock at Delta Port about 300m South of the coal port, lots of barges bouys ect. Water is churned up and visability is poor. I have hear Sandheads is prducing some springs. Good Luck

NaStY
07-12-2008, 09:06 PM
Their adding a 3rd dock at Delta Port about 300m South of the coal port, lots of barges bouys ect. Water is churned up and visability is poor. I have hear Sandheads is prducing some springs. Good Luck

So when are we going salmon fishing. You know for that trip you promised me :eek::eek::eek:

lip_ripper00
07-12-2008, 11:16 PM
So when are we going salmon fishing. You know for that trip you promised me :eek::eek::eek:

have not had much time to fish, working at that damn port.

300wsm
07-13-2008, 09:57 AM
I hit the q&a and a bit further down towards sandheads 2 days ago. it was not overly productive yet but we did ok. seals were NOT a problem which i found surprising. i had 4 lines down two with plastic and two with meat. the springs that were there are now starting to show a preference to anchovies (green teaser heads were best for me). the best zones were 50-130 feet. the fishing was slow until the bite came on then we had about 20 minutes each time so you have to put in your time and keep your lines in. i tried to find the bait with the depth sounder and then just did my best to stay on top of them the whole time. all pretty much typical chuck style fishing for this time of year. if you are using hoochies i had good results with only one setup all summer. pm me if you want to know.

300wsm