PDA

View Full Version : deer on the upper fraser???

grizzly_taker
07-11-2008, 09:18 AM
Anyone know how the muley hunting is on the upper Fraser towards the McGergor river. I'll be doing some hunting there early with a buddy who has a bull tag.

srupp
07-11-2008, 12:23 PM
slim..to nil..

Benthos
07-11-2008, 01:20 PM
agreed. slim to nil

moosinaround
07-11-2008, 01:27 PM
Actually....I have seen some nice mulies around that part of the world! Not a whole bunch, but I definately would have a mulie tag for sure. Seen them along the river,along the North Fraser FSR, and a couple of nice bucks believe it or not up the Severeid!! It is not prime mulie country by any strech of the imagination, but they are there! I have seen mulies high up in the Upper Keneth Creek drainage aswell, in late june. Moosin P.S.Upper Keneth Creek is off the Hungary FSR east of PG

jml11
07-11-2008, 02:10 PM
Aren't there white-tailed deer up there too?? I've seen them on the North Fraser Road (one monster 5 x 5 near the church road cut-off) but I haven't hunted up the mcgregor, just assuming that they might be there now as I know some good one's have come out of the Walker Creek area recently.

Actually come to think of it, I remember seeing a white-tailed doe on the road to Pass Lake a few years back, darn thing wouldn't get off the road...she was trying to race us I think...

moosinaround
07-11-2008, 03:03 PM
Aren't there white-tailed deer up there too?? I've seen them on the North Fraser Road (one monster 5 x 5 near the church road cut-off) but I haven't hunted up the mcgregor, just assuming that they might be there now as I know some good one's have come out of the Walker Creek area recently.

Actually come to think of it, I remember seeing a white-tailed doe on the road to Pass Lake a few years back, darn thing wouldn't get off the road...she was trying to race us I think...
Walker Creek is awesome for whities and mulies. Planted up there a few years back and it was sick with deer! Moosin

The Dawg
07-11-2008, 03:09 PM
Yep, I have seen Whitetails up North Fraser recently...a nice size buck with a doe. Worth having a tag in case.