PDA

View Full Version : Lumby fishing info...

thepitchedlink
07-10-2008, 12:35 PM
Hey guys, just moved to Lumby this spring and haven't really got out to look around much yet. I've got family from New Zealand coming in for the next week and I've got to repay them for all the great trout fishing in NZ. Any hints on river or lake fishing that has been good in the area yet? thanks. I really want to try the Shushwap river, as river fishing is really what I enjoy the most.

hotload
07-10-2008, 02:33 PM
If you didn't enjoy river fishing coming from NZ it would be real odd. Great fishing down there. It was always the adventure of a life time for avid flyfishers from Canada, we used to hear so much about your rivers and how good the fishing was. I used to live in Wellington and had a great time fishing. Even went up to LAKE TAUPO, nice big trout in there. There is a lot of good lakes not too far from you. If you take the CREIGHTON Vallley Road and hang a right on Harris Creek Road you run into a few lakes. One worth trying would be Aberdeen lake, ECHO lake is not far from there either. Oyama Lake is always a good producer as well. If you get by Aberdeen then you are really close to a ton of lakes, all with good fishing, Aileen, Loon, Flyfish, Doreen, Lost,Ruth, Haddo. If you want one where everybody can catch fish even if they don't flyfish OYAMA is the ticket. Can never go wrong there.
Good Luck
Bourbon and Steinlager FOREVER!!!!!!

Tuffcity
07-10-2008, 03:44 PM
You could try the shuswap below Sugar Lake if the dam is closed up. Stick to river left and you can wander for quite a ways down stream. Small fish but fun. Tough fishing if the river is high. Light gear and Tom Thumbs are your friend. :) The Shuswap above Sugar can be fun too, huckleberries should be happening towards the end of July as well.

If you really want to get away and have quads or good legs you could try and get into Kate Lake (Up Sugar Mountain on the way to the old fire look out).

You've got access to a ton of high country lakes, pick one and go.

RC

MidnightRun
07-10-2008, 04:39 PM
The Creighton and Harris FSR roads will take you to Echo Lake decent fishing easy access, Harris cr easy access and little brookies, Mosquito lake difficult to find unless familiar with the area and Hike into Ferry and Home lakes. Aberdeen is the access to Aberdeen lk, Nicklen lk, Goat lk etc you cant drive very far without finding a decent lake to fish up Aberdeen FSR once you get to the fork at 10 or 11 km choose a direction and youll do fine. Shuswap river is running high and fast right now no action last week, Greenbush was a little slow, I dont know about Kate lk. Sugar lake was ok from shore and much better trolling, just watch out for the yahoos on Sugar lake road this time of year ! Good luck.