PDA

View Full Version : Do I have an addiction

bckev
07-09-2008, 09:24 AM
I am hiking in the mornings before I go to work to try and get in shape for hunting season, and now I am having a hard time waiting for opening day. It takes me time time to get my head into work. It is not like I am seeing a lot of game, two small coyote pups this morning. Do I have a problem, should I get counselling. Does anyone think I need an intervention:-D

Steeleco
07-09-2008, 09:34 AM
Your 2 year membership here at HBC is all the therapy you need!!!
Now about that fee!!! LOL

Wild one
07-09-2008, 09:48 AM
Don't worry most of the people on this forum probly have the same problem.If you think thats bad I have hunts planed for 2010 already and I bet I am not the only one.

Phreddy
07-09-2008, 09:50 AM
Wolfman and I could probably do the job for you. I only charge $40 an hour. But then again, it would cut into hunting time. Just think, only 60 days til local seasons open up. Oh Boy! I can hardly wait.......hm-m-m-m-m-m-m, maybe I should go for counselling..............?

Shed Hunter
07-09-2008, 02:25 PM
You are OK; you are normal. If you never had this?????? You would be (ILL) You are way behind, come on catch up to us normal folks:-P:-P

bckev
07-09-2008, 04:38 PM
I have found fondling a bullet helps, cold lead therapy is what I am calling it.

betteroffishing
07-09-2008, 05:16 PM
fondling a bullet helps , lmao. what your experiencing is completely normal.

kennyj
07-09-2008, 07:03 PM
Sounds perfectly normal to me.
Kenny

tooley
07-09-2008, 08:08 PM
take up flyfishing, it takes care of the spring and summer months

troutseeker
07-09-2008, 08:08 PM
Nope, no problems with you! Glad you joined us on the "normal" side of things...

Tarp Man
07-09-2008, 10:10 PM
Avoid flyfishing! I grew up flyfishing, and I have serious trouble when I see a prime piece of water when out hunting. Do I hunt? Do I fish? Oh darn, I see fish rising! There goes a buck! What to do, what to do! Avoid flyfishing! Take up poker or chess, anything but fishing.

hunter1947
07-10-2008, 06:17 AM
No you don't need any help.

I am the same way ,all i can think about is elk hunting this year in the EK.

I do the same thing as you but in a bit different way ,maybe more so then of what you have said.
No don't worry you are in your right mind ,believe me.:lol:

bckev
07-10-2008, 08:58 AM
I was feeling somewhat relieved seeing that there were so many others in the same boat, but then I got to thinking asking that question here is similar to an alcoholic asking advice in a bar. Have to go fondle my bullet now

Phoneguy
07-10-2008, 09:35 AM
You could always pull out your rifles and give them a good cleaning, check them over, fondle them :shock: ........oops.

I'm not addicted, I can stop anytime I want, honest!

James

Elkhound
07-10-2008, 09:35 AM
I tried and tried to wait but like a kid at christmas.......................I shot my first doe of the season yesterday! Yipeee now I'm off to fill the bull moose tag I drew in 7-3. Now if it gets that bad you have a problem otherwise you should be okay ;-)

Midnight run.....I have to ask. What doe were you allowed to shoot yesterday? I did not realise we had a season anywhere for a doe in july?

Wolfman
07-10-2008, 11:44 AM
Wolfman and I could probably do the job for you. I only charge $40 an hour. But then again, it would cut into hunting time. Just think, only 60 days til local seasons open up. Oh Boy! I can hardly wait.......hm-m-m-m-m-m-m, maybe I should go for counselling..............?

Yo, Fred, only $40 an hour? ;-) ;-)

Wolfman

Phreddy
07-10-2008, 09:54 PM
"Yo, Fred, only $40 an hour? :wink: :wink:

Wolfman"

Well, I am semi-retired, and don't want to cut tooooooo deeply into my hunting and fishig time. lmao.

Rob
07-10-2008, 10:04 PM
Gun range and hunting mags, and hunting books keep me going.When I go to sleep at night I imagine I'm in my tent on some far away moose/elk/mulie hunt. There isnt a day that goes past that I'm not thinking about hunting:lol:. Gotta Love it.

bsa30-06
07-10-2008, 10:16 PM
Nope no addiction problem,the things your experiencing are completely normal.Your problem begins when you no longer remember what your wife looks like, or your childrens name.I think my 4 year old may have a hunting addiction problem,we were driving down the road yesterday and he was sittin in the backseat of the truck blowing on my moose call.That got some strange looks while we were stopped at red lights, but he was determined to call out a moose.

Elkhound
07-10-2008, 10:28 PM
was sittin in the backseat of the truck blowing on my moose call.That got some strange looks while we were stopped at red lights, but he was determined to call out a moose.

He couldn't do any worse than us eh?;-)

bckev
07-11-2008, 09:19 AM
Wife and kids, damn I knew i forgot something, now where did I put them........

betteroffishing
07-13-2008, 06:19 PM
Midnight run.....I have to ask. What doe were you allowed to shoot yesterday? I did not realise we had a season anywhere for a doe in july?

second that midnight are you out there?? where can i go right now and shoot a doe??

bsa30-06
07-13-2008, 06:23 PM
He couldn't do any worse than us eh?;-)

sure got some funny looks from people well stopped at red lights.What can i say i'm teaching him young.:razz: