PDA

View Full Version : What a great job!

Buckman
07-08-2008, 07:16 PM
I was out driving the roads today in the East kootenays and had agreat day. I have good days and so so days and I call good days animal days.
I saw 3 goats on the road, a porcupine 3 feet from the truck a nice looking cinamon black bear and loads of deer. Gotta love this job!
PS and the mountains looked great too!

hunter1947
07-09-2008, 07:23 AM
Your one of the lucky ones Buckman.

Not to many working people have the opportunity to drive logging road when working.

elkdom
07-09-2008, 08:36 AM
Same with me, I like my work also,typicl day,leave early morning drive anywhere from 80 to 200 klms of good foothil mountain roads,service a heavy duty diesel engine for a few hours, head home,drive nice comfee Sierra 4x4 quad cab,tools in back,bino's and camera beside me at all times,I'm fortunate to see bears,wolves,elk,deer and lotsa other wildlife evey day , I am on paid milage and hourly rate from leave home till home and turn off my truck, so if I spot game or want and smell the 'elk Pee' thats what I do! if momma duck waddles across the road,I stop give her and ducklings the rite of way! lmao my job is great and I work in the wilderness I love! I cant imagine ever going back to 9 to 5, living,working in town! I do wish more folks had this type of oportunity to live and work!

huntcoop
07-09-2008, 11:40 AM
Same with me, I like my work also,typicl day,leave early morning drive anywhere from 80 to 200 klms of good foothil mountain roads,service a heavy duty diesel engine for a few hours, head home,drive nice comfee Sierra 4x4 quad cab,tools in back,bino's and camera beside me at all times,I'm fortunate to see bears,wolves,elk,deer and lotsa other wildlife evey day , I am on paid milage and hourly rate from leave home till home and turn off my truck, so if I spot game or want and smell the 'elk Pee' thats what I do! if momma duck waddles across the road,I stop give her and ducklings the rite of way! lmao my job is great and I work in the wilderness I love! I cant imagine ever going back to 9 to 5, living,working in town! I do wish more folks had this type of oportunity to live and work!

WOW :eek:, I'm so jealous