PDA

View Full Version : Question: Anyone know what became of Big Game Adventure magazine?? missin it...

Hoytster
07-08-2008, 02:58 PM
I use to wait for this mag all the time but I havent seen it for a while....anyone know where it went to?? I fellow named Ray O was the publisher and it was made right here in BC...Best hunting stories ever....especially the Shockey stories and other local hunters...

Stone Sheep Steve
07-08-2008, 03:00 PM
Near death experience....family health issues.......too many distractions for the Editor to carry on.

SSS

model88
07-08-2008, 03:02 PM
what he said ^^:D

blackwater
07-08-2008, 03:38 PM
I've heard several people say how much they liked that magazine. I bought one copy and thought it was giant pile of...advertising and promotion. Every story was basically a paid advertisement for the ranch/outfitter/(insert invested interest here) that the story centered on.

I guess I just missed the point of it - many others loved it.

Gateholio
07-08-2008, 03:59 PM
http://forums.accuratereloading.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/7621043/m/804105177?r=206108477#206108477

Stone Sheep Steve
07-08-2008, 04:00 PM
Here's your "Canned Realtor".:wink:

https://www.kelownafinehomes.com/Proflie_and_Goals.html

Seems realestate is a little less dangerous.

SSS

BCrams
07-08-2008, 04:22 PM
Here's your "Canned Realtor".:wink:

https://www.kelownafinehomes.com/Proflie_and_Goals.html

Seems realestate is a little less dangerous.

SSS

Putting yourself into a cage with a mad buffalo might do that to someone!

RiverOtter
07-08-2008, 07:57 PM
Odd, he doesn't mention "High Fence Adventures" in his realtor profile........:rolleyes:

RO

Stone Sheep Steve
07-08-2008, 09:04 PM
I wonder if he specializes in "Gated Communities" or "Walled Cities"??

I doubt it as it would be too ironic.....High fences to keep the "animals" out:p.....

SSS

Gateholio
07-08-2008, 10:48 PM
I wonder if he specializes in "Gated Communities" or "Walled Cities"??

I doubt it as it would be too ironic.....High fences to keep the "animals" out:p.....

SSS

Actually, if you read his profile, he did specialize in gated communities in California:cool:

Hoytster
07-09-2008, 06:32 AM
wow...I dont know what to say about all this info!.....talk about bad karma and everything else with it......I also am a business owner and can honestly say that things must of REALLY gone bad money wise for Ray....I did enjoy the mag though....

Stone Sheep Steve
07-09-2008, 06:52 AM
I knew he went into real estate as I saw an article on him in the local paper a coulpe of months ago.
It seems he's always got a gimmick.....the story was that, if you bought a house from him, he would donate $1000 to school to replace some outdated playground equipment.
Seems like a nice gesture but you know how he likes to build himself up and "sell himself".
Always has to be in the spotlight.

Quit hunting?? Maybe he should come back slowly hunting shoeshoe hares.
There's no way I would completely quit hunting if my body was still able:roll:.

No way.:neutral:

SSS

bighornbob
07-09-2008, 08:36 AM
There have always been money issues with the magazine. They were printed in kelowna for awhile and I heard the printer would not release one of the issues (this was way before the death scare and health issue stuff)until paid in full as they were always late in paying their bills etc etc. I guess it got to the point where the printer said cash upfront or no mags.

BHB