PDA

View Full Version : Rock Creek

cmac
07-07-2008, 01:30 PM
After getting the shaft for the umpteenth time on my leh this year I am thinking of going somewhere new. Was thinking the rock creek area, was planning on a week or so, anyone have any suggestions on areas and time of year?

Ironball
07-07-2008, 03:59 PM
I have that area for 5 years {8-14}and we always went the very last week of hunting season.Get off the roads and go for a walk cause its a gong show there.That's the main reason why i don't hunt there anymore.
Good Luck.

NEEHAMA
07-07-2008, 04:07 PM
Ya Hard To Find A Parking Spot Up There!

07-07-2008, 04:38 PM
I went once. I was told that there are tons of deer there. There were also tons of hunters. I never went back, but I'm sure there is a reason so many people hunt there. I guess it's like other places: get off the road!

Fireball129
07-07-2008, 04:49 PM
As the gas and deisel prices keep going up, you are going to see less and less of the road hunters.They are going to eventually have to get out and walk like the rest of us actual hunters.

peterrum3
07-07-2008, 06:53 PM
Agreed, its not my type of hunting, way too many people there and even out walking I bump into alot. I won't go there any more, but see for yourself if you have never been there.

sfire436
07-07-2008, 08:53 PM
Seen lots of bowhunters have great sucsess there. Had a bit myself but me and pops went high and far and had a hell of a pack out. But I guess thats why we go hunting.....right?

David Heitsman
07-07-2008, 10:31 PM
I have put my wall tent up there at the Conkle Lake Camp ground for a week at a time and only once had someone else camping there. Usually I have it all to myself.

The country is quite open for walking and you can glass from the prominent areas easily.

fozzy
07-07-2008, 11:02 PM
Last week or two of the season for Whitetails. It is busy but as said there is a reason it's busy. I get the hell away from the roads too, been going there for a few years :)
There are nice Mule deer there too but that's earlier in the season.
I stay at the Double E camp with Neville and Marcelle Els. They advertise in the hunting regs.

Mckinney Creek Adventures
07-10-2008, 10:46 AM
The hunting is exceptional for all ungulates. As said by others, you just have to get away from the roads and the crowds. And one hint.... there is more to the Rock Creek area than the Christian Valley!

Mckinney Creek Adventures