PDA

View Full Version : Fly Fishing Shops

The Hermit
07-06-2008, 05:55 PM
I want to do a little price comparison on the rods and reels that I am considering for purchase... what are you favorite BC stores that sell Sage and G. Loomis gear?

I am considering the following in 9' - 4 piece rods in 5 wt trim.

Sage Fli
Sage VT2
G. Loomis East Fork

Also considering a matched reel, either the Sage 2540 or the Orvis Batterkill LA for the above rods.

Other suggestions in this quality range are welcome. Thanks

ruger#1
07-06-2008, 06:08 PM
Hey Herm, There are a lot of good deals on ebay for four peice rods. Was looking there today and am bidding on a large arbour #3 wt fly real.

BlacktailStalker
07-06-2008, 06:25 PM
See Dave Steele, owner of Highwater Tackle in North Vancouver.
Extremely knowedgeable, good guy.
On the Island I'd talk to Dan at Gone Fishn here in Courtenay.

The Sage isnt that great of a reel, save a few $ and get the Orvis. I have the battenkill wide arbour (a must for any reel) and its fine.
If you dont spring for an Islander that is :)
You cant beat Sage rods, I like the XP's and havent researched any of their newer models so cant comment on the ones you've mentioned. I'm sure they only get better.

Kechika
07-06-2008, 06:42 PM
Tricky T at Pacific Angler or either of the M&Y stores

Tarp Man
07-06-2008, 06:52 PM
Reaction Fly and Tackle have very knowledgable staff and carry both of those brands. Go to www.reactionbaits.com (http://www.reactionbaits.com) for online details. I highly recommend them, especially when you are looking for a no BS breakdown. Also consider the Scott A2 or E2 if you are looking in those price ranges. Scott hand makes their rods in Colorado, as well as the graphite. Super quality and USA made.

Bow Walker
07-06-2008, 08:34 PM
Phone Eagle Eye Outfitters for a quote. Means nothing to me personally, but I'd give 'em a chance were I you.

250 642-7983